Old 10-02-2014, 11:44 AM   #11
check the state website. Its been 15 years since I lived in NY and cant remember where the trailer inspection was supposed to be. The registration sticker is meant for a window and just kept it in an envelope with the registration card.

In VA, we have permanent tag which has a registration card, plus annual safety inspection and the sticker must be on the left hand side on a non removable surface (touch, 5th wheel pin, or side of the trailer) that is visible without the need to remove any covers.

jbrostek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 12:50 PM   #12
Like everyone has said the inspection sticker has several additional holes popped in it, so that LEO can see it is for a trailer and can't be stuck to a car window.

The small registartion sticker is supposed to go on the lower corner of the trailer license plate.

And for all you New Yorkers who want to save a few $$$. You don't have to register your trailers on Janurary 1st when they come due. New York allows you to wait, without turning in your plates.

So if you are like me and your trailer sits closed up in your back yard from Janurary to mid April, You don't have register it. I do mine, online, at about April 1st and they discount the resitration from the full amount. Its not a true 1/4 off, but it is some.

I have been doing this for years. Saves a few $$.

2013 Rockwood 8281SS 5W, Reese Revolution
2012 Toyta Tundra Crew Max 5.7 4x4, Timbrens
Jjsav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 02:51 PM   #13
I'm gladd SC stopped requiring vehicle inspections. What a pain and just another tax.
harderd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 02:58 PM   #14
Dazed & Confused
Originally Posted by harderd View Post
I'm gladd SC stopped requiring vehicle inspections. What a pain and just another tax.
I agree the inspections are a PITA and basically just another way to collect money. PA requires inspections on trailers over 3000 Lbs. GVW. The dealer put the sticker on the left side tongue on our new TT, but I have also seen them on left side forward window.

~Mike & Kim~
2014 Rockwood Windjammer 3008W Diamond Package
2012 Toyota Tundra Doublecab 5.7 4WD
M&K Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote

5th wheel, safety, wheel