Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2011, 08:38 AM   #1
Wanna Be Camper

Observations after our 2800 mile trip

Well, just got home last night after 2800 miles through Montana, Wyoming, South Dakota and North Dakota and have a few thoughts. First of all South Dakota is drop dead beautiful, not that the other places were not nice but SD wow. Also have to say in our entire trip never met one person who didn't help make our trip a joy, had some great laughs with the Hill City Slickers at Palmer Gulch Resort and the Chuckwagon supper at FT Hayes was great as well. The Custer reinactment was great and the list goes on and we don't have a single bad thing to say about our 1st trip south and are looking forwad to many more. I do have to ask though. Whats with the 85 octane fuel? geeze seems to be a way to force people into buying the 10% ethanol 87 octane to me as most vehicles need 87 min. And I would like to state that our China Duro brand tires have for a second year performed perfectly and we have now accumulated over 12,000km on them. I have a digital temp gun and the tires all stayed between 48 and 56 degrees centigrade the whole trip, also checked the hubs and they we usually at abt 40 - 41 degrees. We ran at 62 to 65 mph the entire trip with the trailer running at abt 8k. One other thing, dang I love American highways. Your secondary roads are better than the trans canada here in the praries and the $3.56 - 3.91 a gallon for 91 octane fuel was sure a treat as the same 91 octane fuel here is $5.21 a us gallon.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 02:52 PM   #2

Great to hear your trip was a success, always glad to hear good things about the areas you visited.

Not all our roads are that good, I'm sure you'll find our bad roads someday
flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 06:13 PM   #3
ARLO

Trip

We will be taking a similar trip next year. We will be starting from Western NY and covering the whole notrhern part of the country and the west coast. I hope 8 weeks is enough. Last we started in the 1000 islands and did the Canadian Maritime Provences, Me, NH and Ma. We met some wonderful people and saw some of the best scenery in the world, Cabot Trail, PEI, Bay of Fundy, Bar Harbor annd the list goes on. 4400 miles in 5 weeks ant it was not enough time.
rlocicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:25 PM   #4

Wow, sounds like quite an adventure! I've often heard the Dakotas were gems very much worth visiting. Hope you have a few pictures you can share with us.

We are going up to the NC mountains this weekend to try a campground near Marion. This will be the fourth trip with our new rig. Looking forward to it, very much.
landcruisers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags