Old 06-07-2015, 12:02 PM   #11
AKA: 'tiredTeacher
Originally Posted by itat View Post
... or the buyer gets information overload on a good walk through.
Good point, especially if you are a first-time trailer owner. I learned appliances and systems fixing up a 1995 Sunline. When I took delivery of my Rockwood and the salesman started out with, "Now this is the stove ...", I called a halt and asked, "How do I manually operate the slide?" The salesman left to get the shop foreman.

Wright and Penny
Richmond, Va.
2010 Tundra 4X4 5.7L V8
2014 Rockwood 2604WS
Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows.
awellis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 12:22 PM   #12
Moderators' Assistant
I get upset more that people don't use the Search feature before asking questions that are asked all the time.

They would find answers much quicker than reading through a manual or having to wait for others to post answers.

Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 12:31 PM   #13
Retired Ford Tech
I worked as a Ford Tech, and I was amazed that 2 or 3 year old cars that came in the dealership with minor problems, only to find the owner's manual still wrapped in plastic.
rvpezzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 12:35 PM   #14
I did receive manuals but some items are not covered. Exp. how to retract slides manually. Some items are just not in the documents supplied.
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 12:40 PM   #15
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker
X2 on information overload on PDI's. Additionally, Manuals need a good index or contents page. As for me? I just have to much time on my hands and like the forum...
Don & Dona W/yorkies Gizmo, Master Chief, & Tali
2011 Flagstaff 8528 BHSS 2015 Ford 6.7 XLT
2010 Full Timers & Still Going
donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 12:42 PM   #16
Newbie -
We are newbies and I have read the manuals. I end up looking in the manuals again and then searching for answers here and on the web. My manuals do not show me where and how everything works on my new TT. So I really appreciate having this as a resource when we need help. Thanks to all of you who help all of us needing it!
2013 Heartland Big Country 3450 5er
2016 Ford F350 Diesel King Ranch Crew Cab DRW

2015 Lacrosse 324RST - Totaled
Embstitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 12:43 PM   #17
I echo the sentiments of an earlier post. I think it's gotten better over the years, but with my first travel trailer purchase I received such a generic manual that it was almost useless. It tried to cover every model model in the company's line and it didn't cover anything specific. I ended-up buying a couple of books off Amazon and playing with things myself to figure it out.

But it's also true, most people ask before reading - and it's often easier to ask than to search ... everyone is correct.
305RESGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 12:44 PM   #18
Paradise has arrived!
What's a manual??
Southwestern Pennsylvania
Paradise115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 12:51 PM   #19
I appreciate that questions are asked on the forum, owners manual give lots info but service manuals tend to have more detailed info, the answers on the forum helpexpand on the OM info, there are also differing solutions presented. I also feel some manuals tend to be English translations of different languages which tend todistort the context of what is being discussed. some definitions of English words may fit the discussion, but other words would be better choices, leaving room for doubt of really what is intended.
Sportracker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 01:01 PM   #20
Re: observations on forum questions

I find that the forum asks questions that I haven't even thought about. Reading other's questions has educated me as to what might and can happen before I've experienced the problem myself.

CC4 is offline   Reply With Quote