Old 06-08-2015, 01:09 PM   #51
2016 Shamrock 183 Hybrid
Very long and interesting posts. We should have learned:

All adults have a different preferred learning style.

Those of us with CDO (BTW - that's OCD put in correct alpha order ) really like the manual, and the challenge of finding information on the "net"

Others are more social creatures and prefer discussions with their fellow travelers.

The value of the forum is the ability to provide space for all groups of learning styles to interchange information:

"It Takes a Village (forum) to Raise a Well-Informed RVer"

sparty047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 01:50 PM   #52
Have found more help here then any where. I did get manuals with my new camper. But a lot of information is not in it. Like info on black water tanks. For example when I first got it I was shown to handles to dump my take some black one gray. The book never told me of on In another place. My 1st trip out we went to let water out of the sink. Went no where opened both handles and nothing. So the guy camping beside me asked me what was wrong after about 30 mins we found another handle up next to the back tires on my trailer. Still haven't found that in my manual. And the dealer knew nothing about it. So some of the ends and out didn't come with my manual just glad I can come here lol. There are a few other things that have happened but I like to read on here not write more the I have to lol.

danielabram71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 03:15 PM   #53
2016 Shamrock 183 Hybrid
You are sooo correct daniel abrams.....RVers help others moreso than the average person would.
sparty047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 05:32 PM   #54
Those of us with CDO (BTW - that's OCD put in correct alpha order ) really like the manual, and the challenge of finding information on the "net"
Did you hear about the agnostic, dyslexic, insomniac?

He was up all night worrying about whether there really is a DOG!!
1988 Coleman Sequoia - popup (1987-2007)
2012 Roo19 - hybid (2012-2015)

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 08:37 PM   #55
Easier to ask a question and get a detailed answer from real users and not technical writers... And there the follow up questions too.
Starboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 05:03 PM   #56
Our manual covered squat and I'm the nerd that reads everything LOL. It was mostly generic drivel that covers almost every unit produced by Palomino that year. It was fine for the big picture but this forum was super helpful for anything more specific than "to winterize, drain your water system and add antifreeze".

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
snskovacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 05:20 PM   #57
I read the manuals...Sometimes manuals and directions are missing. I never got the manual for the electric tongue jack or the inline circuit breaker/fuses for the electric stabilizers and tongue jack aren't in the manual. The directions for closing the trifold sofa and taking care of the Corian counters were removed by the dealer and not given to me. These are just a few that I can think of...I have found that my best resource is online in these forums. My PDI was rushed and the dealer missed a few items...sometimes due to my own excitement and list of questions! LOL!!
lakejumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 05:33 PM   #58
Same here, it was late in the day when we picked up our new Rv, the salesman did the PDI not a tech, and I think he was in a hurry to get out of there. After going through our manual packed I noticed some of the manuals are missing, so I am looking for information and help on this forum, which has been great.
2015 Salem261 BHXL
2014 Sierra 1500 Z71
2015 nights camped 90
2016 nights camped so far 37
Craigban157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 09:50 PM   #59
What I appreciate is the thousands of peeps here that have been there and done that and found a better way. All this info save the rest of us time and headaches. Eg, power level legs are slow, book says check for binding or lube the screw. Ask on here and you may find someone had a loose wire at a breaker and where the breaker was ( neither in manual) or a cheap switch from the factory. That little bit of info can save you hundreds at the dealer and many months of waiting.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Dabmeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 10:58 AM   #60
The company I worked for delivered a piece of equipment to a user and it wasn't functioning properly. I was sent to check it out and sat at the supervisors desk checking the adjustments is in a manual. The supervisor came in his office and said "Say, I could use one of those manuals", I told him "This IS your manual, it was laying here on your desk". A couple minor adjustments to the machine and it was working just fine.

2014 Palomino Puma 25RS
2011 F-150 Super Crew XLT
Days camped in 2014 - 23
Camped 2015 - 47
Camped 2016 - 51 done - 6 more planned so far
BooBoo23 is offline   Reply With Quote