Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2015, 10:00 AM   #61

Info in manual?

All due respect, unless the manual I received and the manual I download are different from the one u refer to, there is little or no valid info contained therein.
rainsmik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 01:23 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainsmik View Post
All due respect, unless the manual I received and the manual I download are different from the one u refer to, there is little or no valid info contained therein.

Well said!
Old 06-20-2015, 03:40 PM   #63

The manuals I received with our 3650TH were generic and didn't even say where the water drain valves or water filter was. I was fairly disappointed with there lack of manual on our new 5er. For a $65k 5er you would have though there would be a manual on it. Not one that pertains to all RVs. At least one that would show all the items in the one you bought but that's to much to ask of FR.
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 04:03 PM   #64

All due respect MudY, I initally thought the same thing, but then I got really thinking. Consider how many models FR builds and all the changes year to year they make on them. It would take an army of little guys with cameras on little computers to even try to keep up. They would have to have actually hundreds of manuals every year and change them next year. More than likely your home cost more; and when you bought it, did the builder provide a manual? I dare say, no. I am only trying to valiantly point out an RV is much like a home in complexity and there are so many options. A custom manual might come with a 3 million dollar Prevost (if you can still get one for that) but for $65K you get a generic manual plus us guys and gals on this forum trying to help each other. It is what it is.

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 04:09 PM   #65
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mud yapster View Post
but that's to much to ask of FR.
You don't seem to understand that the generic owners manual is a RV Industry standard, not just FR.
Go to a non brand specific RV forum and you'll see the same complaint for nearly all the different brands.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 04:32 PM   #66

Exactly, BD. There are no manuals; there are no wiring diagrams. Even if there were 90% (no, not literally) of us would not read them. There is an issue, however, in that these things are growing more and more complicated. If it wasn't for the appliance (etc) manuals that they better come with, we would be hurtin' for certain.

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 04:39 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post
This, and either a poor PDI walk through or the buyer gets information overload on a good walk through.
This!
Carrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 04:11 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainsmik View Post
You are absolutely correct rainsmik, but, many downloads from the manufacturer are far more detailed than the ones provided.
A good example is auto manuals written more to the technician than the
customer.
Tinkertoy
TinkerToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 10:41 PM   #69
Site Team

I don't share the same view as the OP but everyone is entitled to their opinion regardless if it's in agreement or not. I tend to take the Internet with a gain of salt...use what information I can and discard the rest.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 01:27 PM   #70

This is all really an ashame. Nobody gets a guide manual fron any brand or manufacture. Period. Make the best of it folks and work around it.
Old 06-22-2015, 03:32 PM   #71
LA-Lower Alabama Resident

Newbies

We bought our first ever TT in February. We had no experience with them at all. I think our PDI was pretty good but as someone else said it was a complete information overload. When we were able to go camping 6 weeks later we couldn't remember a lot of the little details. We had a lot of manuals so we used them for most of the things we needed and I used the search function here a lot to find some other information and appreciate that others take the time to help out those of us who are new to camping.

Sometimes for me too it is better to have someone who has been there, done that tell me in plain English how to do something rather than try to decipher something written in a manual and apply it.
mysticks1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 07:00 PM   #72

Bottom line...they do not supply manuals because it would decrease profits, period. Guess who owns FR? Let's move on.
magpi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 08:40 PM   #73

Dealers and their employees could not possibly know everything about every model. These companies should not assume customers will be told everything. That's why there are owners manuals. But the need to write more about the unit.
justwinginit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 08:08 AM   #74

You can't ask the manual questions when things get too technical for you...

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Larry Tiner is offline   Reply With Quote