Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2011, 07:30 PM   #1

Oh Crap!

I side swiped a fence post, and tore up 2 baggage doors on the Georgetowm 378. I was trying to turn and the butt end swung out and hit the post. Boy do I feel foolish, my DW will use this one for awhile. Does anyone know who to talk to at FR to get baggage doors? Thanks in advance for your help.
Mandy
Partner
johnnyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 08:38 PM   #2

That sucks!

You can try the Forest River's Parts Department at 574-534-3167.

John
Nights Camped: '06=122 '07=12 '08=18 '09=10 '10=18 '11=28 '12=16
kalik282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 09:28 PM   #3

Don't be too hard on yourself johnnyjoe. You certainly aren't the first or last to do something like that. I know, I did something simular on a trip last summer. I had just filled my water tank at a campground and had to negotiate a cul de sac with posts lining the inside of the cirlce. One of the posts was a couple feet closer to the road than the rest... guess how I found out...scraaaaaape. The good news was that the damage consisted of a yellow paint scrape about 5 feet long... the bad news was that we were attending a family reunion and everbody wanted to see our new TT. They all questioned the new paint scheme.
I also saw a good sized coach take out a gas pump the same way you took out your doors. He turned away from the pumps as soon as he started moving and the rear of the coach pivoted into the pump.
The previous poster was correct... FR will sell parts to the end user.
Stevea1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 07:26 PM   #4

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyjoe View Post
I side swiped a fence post, and tore up 2 baggage doors on the Georgetowm 378. I was trying to turn and the butt end swung out and hit the post. Boy do I feel foolish, my DW will use this one for awhile. Does anyone know who to talk to at FR to get baggage doors? Thanks in advance for your help.
You can also try Tweety's.com which is a complete RV store. They carry just about anything you can think of when it comes to RV's. I just looked up baggage doors and they are available in two sizes.

HAPPY CAMPING "EH" !!!!
shabby is offline   Reply With Quote