Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2011, 09:22 AM   #1

Unhappy OH NO!!! Not again!

I finally got the driveway completely clear of snow and ice the other night. The driveway and the road I live on have been like a skating rink in the mornings and about 6" of slush in the afternoons. The snow had melted enough that you could actually see patches of grass.

Then I looked out this morning and as of 7:30 we have received at least 3” and we are expecting totals up to 8”. Temperature is 16° and falling. Low in the morning is expected to be -4°.

The good news is, by Saturday highs are expected to reach near 50° and highs in the low 60’s by Tuesday! Hopefully this will be our last big round of winter weather this season. I plan on camping next month and doing some crappie fishing.

Good luck and happy camping!

The two pics below were taken at 7:30 am. It's been snowing non stop since and will probably keep snowing for several more hours.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2-9 Backyard.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	4403   Click image for larger version

Name:	2-9 Driveway.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	4404  
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:14 AM   #2
Villa Estate 392FLFB

you need one of these :P

Old 02-09-2011, 10:26 AM   #3

if you want some snow here in wisconsin we have had 70 inches of snow so far and currently is -8 at my house (-15 windchill) later tonight will be -18 (-26 windchill)
Covfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:27 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Stuff View Post
you need one of these :P

I know what snow we receive here isn't much compared to what our friends up north receive, but I wouldn't mind one of those. I could probably have my driveway and my road cleared in about 30 minutes!

Any idea of it's tow rating? I might get some winter camping in while I'm at it!!!
Old 02-09-2011, 10:30 AM   #5

worse case you put jimmy rig a camper the bed i bet
Old 02-09-2011, 10:32 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Punxsutawney Phil was wrong !!!

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:52 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
Punxsutawney Phil was wrong !!!
Mtnguy, Phil is never wrong!
Gkconfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:35 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

I bet that the snow is painful for you guys!! The snowpile at the corner of my driveway is 5.5 feet tall and it was -14 yesterday morning! HA! Make you tough!!
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:47 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by acadianbob View Post
I bet that the snow is painful for you guys!! The snowpile at the corner of my driveway is 5.5 feet tall and it was -14 yesterday morning! HA! Make you tough!!
I'ld rather be a whimp!!!!

I don't know how you guys do it.

Looks like it's just about over for us. We probably have about 5" additional snow. I'll get out in a little bit and start shoveling the sidewalk and driveway. With my back it will take awhile. Have to take a few breaks along the way.

Hope you guys thaw out soon. Keep in mind, camping season is getting closer. I'm beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. It may be dim, but it's there!
Old 02-09-2011, 12:52 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by acadianbob View Post

i know what you mean the nearly 6 feet tall snow berm on eother end of my driveway makes it hard to see traffic when pulling out onto the highway!

and grhodes50 i dont want it to thaw out yet i still have some snow shoein to do! (besides snow doesnt really go away untill early/mid april if we are lucky.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:24 PM   #11

Got-R-Done!

The driveway is gravel except for where the truck is parked, so it’s kind of hard to see. The small dark spots are some of the gravel showing through the snow. It’s also double wide except for the entrance.

I did shovel 6” snow out of the drive so I‘m guessing that‘s what we ended up getting today. Just glad that’s over. Time for a couple of Ibuprofen and a good soaking in a hot tub.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2-9 Driveway 2.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	4408  
Old 02-09-2011, 04:34 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
Got-R-Done!

The driveway is gravel except for where the truck is parked, so it’s kind of hard to see. The small dark spots are some of the gravel showing through the snow. It’s also double wide except for the entrance.

I did shovel 6” snow out of the drive so I‘m guessing that‘s what we ended up getting today. Just glad that’s over. Time for a couple of Ibuprofen and a good soaking in a hot tub.

hot tubs are nice after working in the snow i spent an hour raking the snow off my roof and im sore, gonna go out and do some more soon then soak in our hot tub

we got our hot tub in augist and its been a life saver!
Old 02-09-2011, 04:44 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Covfam View Post
hot tubs are nice after working in the snow i spent an hour raking the snow off my roof and im sore, gonna go out and do some more soon then soak in our hot tub

we got our hot tub in augist and its been a life saver!
My bad. I should have said hot bathtub!

I wish I had a hot tub to get in.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:47 PM   #14

our house doesnt have a bathtub, and we found it was cheaper to get a good 2 person hot tub and put it on our long covered porch than it would to rebuild the bathroom with a tub. and we fell in love with the hot tub
Old 02-10-2011, 06:08 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes 50 View Post
I know what snow we receive here isn't much compared to what our friends up north receive, but I wouldn't mind one of those. I could probably have my driveway and my road cleared in about 30 minutes! :rofl black:

Any idea of it's tow rating? I might get some winter camping in while I'm at it!!! :rofl black: :rofl black:

Gary, does it have a heated steering wheel....... No more snow for use for now, but the nights have been cold. We are going to see temps in the 50's by this week end and they are saying in the 60's by next week end....will see.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:46 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
Gary, does it have a heated steering wheel....... No more snow for use for now, but the nights have been cold. We are going to see temps in the 50's by this week end and they are saying in the 60's by next week end....will see.
Not sure about the heated steering wheel. Maybe heated seats and heated gas and brake pedals!!! That would be nice!

Glad you're not having to deal with the snow. What we have shouldn't last long last long. Temps are forecasted about like what you stated only they have predicted mid 60's by next Wed. I'm sure we'll have a cold spell or two, usually do in late March, but this will probably be the last of the winter weather for us.

I can start planning that camping trip for next month. I like to get out there when the crappie are spawning, usually about the third week in March.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:27 AM   #17

We are not getting the snow here, but it is bitter cold, went to the car this morning, and it's 4 degree's, before the wind chill. I cant wait till camping season.
2 Beagles (Snoopy & Dexter)

Big Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote