Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2013, 09:03 PM   #1

Ok....I Don't Get It....

Just returned from Cape May New Jersey we were there on vacation for a week and stayed at the "Beachcomber RV Park" our first time there. I rate it a 9 out of 10......Ok here is what I don't get.....I-95 North at the toll I was charged $18.00 heading North, i was towing our 5th wheel (two) axles with my pick up truck @ $4.00 an axles this was last Saturday, now on the way home today at the same toll heading South I was charged $7.00 bucks towing the same set up it looks like i made out coming home, going South must be cheaper.

The Deleware Bridge was $8.00 bucks no matter which way i was going.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:10 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

I think they must have mischarged you on the return trip. You should send them the $11.00 difference and you'll feel much better.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:24 AM   #3

Were you paying cash or EZPass? The Delaware Bridge is notorious for overcharging RV'ers EZPasses. One of the very few, no, make that the ONLY place that I put the EZPass in the foil envelope and pay cash! $8 is their going rate for a passenger vehicle towing a two-axle trailer.

If you paid cash along the trip, then you likely had a toll- taker or two who didn't bother to look at their axle count monitor, and just charged you for the truck. That sometimes happens when it gets real busy.....

2022 Coachmen Leprechaun 319MB
2022 Ford Ranger toad
Fire Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:45 AM   #4
H2oski

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
Just returned from Cape May New Jersey we were there on vacation for a week and stayed at the "Beachcomber RV Park" our first time there. I rate it a 9 out of 10......Ok here is what I don't get.....I-95 North at the toll I was charged $18.00 heading North, i was towing our 5th wheel (two) axles with my pick up truck @ $4.00 an axles this was last Saturday, now on the way home today at the same toll heading South I was charged $7.00 bucks towing the same set up it looks like i made out coming home, going South must be cheaper.

The Deleware Bridge was $8.00 bucks no matter which way i was going.
They were happy you were leaving!!!!!
(LA) Lower Alabama
h20ski is offline   Reply With Quote