Old 11-05-2012, 08:48 AM   #11
Most trailers are built the same, but some of the materials and workmanship leave a lot to be desired. Some use good quality sealant that lasts for years. My FR came with sealant that cracked the first year, so I resealed it with a quality sealant so water wouldn't seep into the walls/floor from the outside. I crawled under mine when I bought it and found all kinds of loose screws. A good quality assurance inspection should have found these. How many people have had to add something that they feel should have come from the factory? Something like a hard start solenoid for the A/C that would have only cost the manufactures about $5 to put in the TT. I think it all comes down to making them as fast as they can to make money. I think they know most of us will fix the minor things without having to deal with the hassle of warranty repairs.

Top B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:15 PM   #12
Oklahoma Proud
Yep they could be better, but I bet if there was a homeowner forum people would be compaining about all the things that they had wrong, that just how we are.

I just finished building my house about 1.5 years ago, that I actually built with some subs. If I had all top of the line everything, my 2,600sq' house with a detached garage about the same would have been in the millions of $. But we had a buget as we did on our trailer purchase, so we have to make compromises.

We Pick what we feel we need better quality in and can deal with less in others. And yes I have had component problems in my house(a/c-A coil, top of the line dishwasher, gfi outlets and others). We live in a imperfect world and we have to accept it, as frustrating as it can be!

We need to be sure we are being all we can be, and maybe others will do the same!!
My $.02

MillerTime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:55 PM   #13
Ok enough whining. Heres a well built tt of our youth, see what happenens if you overload it??
VinceU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:55 PM   #14
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1635805671.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	21484
VinceU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:07 PM   #15
Another rat in the race
If you want impressive, able to hold up to road traveling allover, and all the creature comforts of home; do what the music stars do and plunk down 700k (and up to millions) and get a coach or bus like a Blue Bird.

Personally I got what I expected for what I paid. As for a warranty, I got the extended warranty thrown in. As far as quality on a mass scale. You're not going to see that until every family has 2 or 3 in their driveway.

I'm not that old and can remember cars only came with a 12 month 12k mile warranty from the factory stock, and you were lucky if your car made it to 36K with out a major problem.
A rainy day camping is better than any sunny day at work
2004 F250 V10 SD Xcab 2011 Wildwood T26BHXL
jar3316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:35 PM   #16
I only expect it not to fall apart completely in the first 5 years...but I do expect things to break. I didn't expect water damage for flawed seams on my front bunk just after the 1 year mark. I contacted FR and they are is fixing it free of charge. I do hope I get a decent/fair trade in when we upgrade in a few years and still in working condition.
Kristina & Family
2015 Sunseeker 3170ds
'13 Honda Pilot -Kar Kaddy 3

Nights camped in 2011/36, 2012/9, 2013/24, 2014/27; 2015/50 2016: 29
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:49 PM   #17
We got a 7 year warranty w/ our new 2013 Columbus, and bought an additional year from the manufacturer for only $150. So 8 years total. Unit is built to RVIA "standards", and must say that it "appears" to be a very solid built unit!

Larry & Kerry Jackson
2012 Ford F250SD
2013 Columbus 320RS

Kerryj is offline   Reply With Quote