Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2017, 09:59 AM   #41

Guilty. We are looking all the time that is why we've probably had 10 RVs in the last 25 years. Just sold our 2015 Rockwood Signature Ultra-Lite 8329SS and are waiting on delivery of a Cedar Creek Champagne 38EL. Hopefully this one will be our last.
mwdilday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 10:04 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtlm17 View Post
Guilty. Do it all the time and love RV shows even with no intention of buying.

no intention then we buy anyways...
kamper00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 10:12 AM   #43
Enjoying Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwdilday View Post
Guilty. We are looking all the time that is why we've probably had 10 RVs in the last 25 years. Just sold our 2015 Rockwood Signature Ultra-Lite 8329SS and are waiting on delivery of a Cedar Creek Champagne 38EL. Hopefully this one will be our last.
Don't bet on it That's what we all say just before finding the new "perfect" one.

2006 Durango HEMI

TeachTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 10:41 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinmaker View Post
I do the same thing. My current trailer is brown, brown, and more brown. I prefer the white cabinets with a light hardwood floor. I keep looking at the new models to see if the white will come back. SO far....no luck.
I'm a cool tone person - brown, brown and more brown just isn't that appealing to me. Wish they'd bring back blues or mauves - or at least offer an option of a warm tone and a cool tone. It's been brown too long!

Maybe paint your cabinets?

2021 Nights Camped: 29 (so far)
2020 Nights Camped: 18
2019 Nights Camped: 18
MartiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 10:43 AM   #45
Site Team

We still look a little bit. We'll go the the camping shows or check out the showroom of the RV store if we need to stop in for something. They usually do free hotdogs and chips on Saturdays so that's been a "reason" sometimes.

But overall, we are happy with what we have and haven't found anything we like better.
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 12:16 PM   #46

Took the DW to a show last year to plan for retirement. She decided on not waiting to buy a new one. I pointed out we did not have a vehicle to pull it with (in spite of sales dweebs assurances to the contrary). DW said I had to buy a new truck. I was planning on THAT lasting until retirement. Still miss the old one.

She wants to go to the Hershey show this year to browse improvements.
I'm scared now.
Old 08-30-2017, 07:45 PM   #47

We are also guilty of it. That's how we ended up with the 2017 Grey Wolf 29te. I just wanted to look at the big 5th wheels with the side and rear porch. It was a rainy day and there was a camping sale at the campground we were at. Looked at many campers that day. Salesman gave us in heck of a deal and a great trade in value on the old camper.
rcarbaugh524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 07:49 AM   #48
Canoeing and camping fun

Guilty

We also look, being retired it gives us something to do. Looked at a Fun Finder and based on what I was asking about and comments I was making the owner asked me if I wanted a job! My DH told me on the way home he thought the owner was serious about a job. Felt bad for the college student that he was training to be a salesman (he has no clue about trailers).
Fun Finder had some nice features really liked the inside battery disconnect switch. Still love our 2017 mini lite 2503S perfect for the two of us.
Jean D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 07:18 PM   #49
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobbles View Post
Ed,
Them women folk will keep you poor with their upgrade idea's. If it wasn't for my DW, I would still own several pairs of very comfortable underware.
Bob, the next part of the story......bought a park model in a resort in Az., selling our house Mich., and now she wants to upgrade to a double wide in our resort that they are starting to put in.
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 07:42 PM   #50

My wife does this, always wanting to look at other rigs or newer models. But for me, when I'm happy with something I stop looking. We have been married 39 years so I guess my attitude has helped there too.
Nights Camped: 2017=61
Nights Camped: 2018=25
Nights Camped: 2019=12 | Booked=6
florabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 07:58 PM   #51

Ok who else is guilty of this ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elind View Post
Bob, the next part of the story......bought a park model in a resort in Az., selling our house Mich., and now she wants to upgrade to a double wide in our resort that they are starting to put in.

In our park by county regulations the park can only have 25 doublewides. More than 25 doublewides and park turns into a Mobile Home Park instead of an RV park.

They don't want to be a Mobile Home park. But now you can put in a parkmodel (singlewide) then put a full addition on it ?? Thus making it the same as a doublewide that meets county regulations??? I don't really understand the difference but that's how it works I guess.

Russell
CAT-RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 02:59 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by elind View Post
We bought a 35' Lacrosse TT and thought it the perfect RV. So well liked I bought a new Silverado 1500 to pull it. Then we went to FROG Rally in Goshen and saw some of the new units on display. DW saw the new Wildcat 327ck FW and was in love with it. The problem was.....I hadn't made the first payment on the new truck yet and the Wildcat needed a bigger truck. Well ....6 months later new Wildcat and a GMC 2500. The story doesn't stop there, that's another story.

Perhaps you should have gone 3500 early? Haha...
Tyesmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 05:40 AM   #53
DW's 401(k) Plan

I can't take DW to an RV dealership.... she'll find something new. She's done it twice so far. I can't afford for her to do it again! I'm trying to get some renovations done to the house!

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 05:51 AM   #54

I look often, rv shows and local dealers. We actually made a day out of looking at RV's on a trip to Gatlinburg and wife fell in love with a unit. Tried making a deal but it was at the beginning of the RV selling season and dealer was not coming down on prices much. I'm glad because I love of FW and it's unique with a rear deck.
Sierra360PDEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 08:58 PM   #55
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT-RN View Post
In our park by county regulations the park can only have 25 doublewides. More than 25 doublewides and park turns into a Mobile Home Park instead of an RV park.

They don't want to be a Mobile Home park. But now you can put in a parkmodel (singlewide) then put a full addition on it ?? Thus making it the same as a doublewide that meets county regulations??? I don't really understand the difference but that's how it works I guess.

Russell
Our resort was all park models and RVs. The park models needed to be under 399 sq ft and are allowed 400 sq ft additions. The new addition to the park has 100 larger lots for double wides. It has two parking spaces and room to park my 5th wheel. Now just waiting to return to Az. to check them out.
elind is offline   Reply With Quote