Old 12-18-2010, 11:14 AM   #1
Old Fella Rally Branson Missouri June 16-19th 2011

This Rally is not limited to Forest River owners (or Old Fellas), but it is held every year to honor the efforts of RVer's (and people everywhere) who adopt and help rescue stray animals. It all started more than 5 years ago when Richard and Sue Daniels rescued an old black stray in a campground in Modoc, SC, and lead to the creation of the Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue in Waynesboro, GA, which has saved hundreds of stray animals, as well as the longest-running thread in the history of the Open Roads ( Forum, an RVer of the Year award for Richard from Good Sam, and many adoptions of unwanted, shelter, or stray animals, including my own dear Molly. Old Fella has since passed to the Bridge, but his legacy goes on.

Come join us at Branson, Missouri June 16-19th 2011 for the 5th annual Old Fella Rally. This year we will be staying at Treasure Lake RV Resort located in Branson with full hook ups just $15.00 per night. You can come as early as Monday June 13th and stay through the week if you like. If you are interested send me a PM, and I will contact Sue Petty, our wagonmaster, or you can go to this website for more info:

Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: Old Fella Rally Branson Missouri June 16-19th 2011

If you have some extra time, a few boxes of kleenex, and want to read a great story, check out the thread that started it all:

Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}

Gary Shapiro, 2011 Georgetown 29' Class A
Dash, Molly & Lily - now at the Bridge and forever in my heart
Shadow - 4-year-old Greyhound
Hannah - 1 1/2-year-old GSD rescue
dashonthedash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 01:40 PM   #2
Thanks for the invitation. We have adopted all of our dogs from the humane society & they have just been the best pets. Hope everyone has fun! The F.R.O.G. rally people who have not visited Branson will find this out(bring your most comfortable walking shoes!). There is so much to see & do without even going to any shows! Its up to whatever everyone wants to do. One thing though, rally members will miss alot if only staying 3 days(I know some can't spare the time or vacation). After the rally, I can suggest other campgrounds right outside Branson city limits that have lake views with spacious sites, clean toilets & showers, with W/S/E or W/E(bring your Barker) if they want to spend more time in the area. Some are brand new, fully concrete or fully asphalt paved. I only say this because Bransons' private campground sites (all I've seen and I live close to here) are alittle tight, along with tricky manuvering. I'm spoiled by beautiful lake view campgrounds that are soooo close to Branson, can you tell...
2006 Rockwood 8272S
2005 Chevrolet Silverado
John & Pandra
Battlefield, Missouri
F.R.O.G. Member
1st International F.R.O.G. Rally Branson Missouri
JohnandPandra is offline   Reply With Quote