Old 01-31-2009, 04:57 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusky203 View Post
...On Jan 2nd when we went to get it the inside was a mess, carpets stained, saw dust everywhere, master bed had saw dust and screws on it. Plus they damaged wood work around TV and around fridge to the point that an large wood panel needs to be replaced that once again needs to go back to dealer to replacement leaving me once again with out my camper....
Iceman
I have seen this so many times on so many forums and it is why I won't take my new rig to a dealer to be fixed. Unless it was something really serious I can handle it myself. FR has been really good at sending me parts for the few problems we have encountered under warranty so that I don't have to deal with the local FR dealer which are a bunch of jerks.

My guess from what you have explained is that the wiring was never run to the correct location at the factory for a 2nd A/C in which case you are kinda screewed there.

Sorry for your experience, I feel your pain, but the old addage applies: If you want it done right you have to do it yourself.

Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:29 AM   #12

UPDATE:
Pat from FR has agreed to pick up my camper and bring it to a repair shop in Ocala. They will do all of the work and return to me. PLus they are extending factory warranty for 6 months and paying me back for one payment. Fingers Crossed!

Iceman

Old 02-02-2009, 04:29 PM   #13

Thats good news! now it`s time to change the title of your thread.
Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:58 AM   #14

UPDATE!:
Well it looks like I am finally all set! FR had a transport company come and pick it up a few weeks ago and bring to B & E RV service in Ocala. Well they fixed pretty much everything for me and did a great job in cleaning the roof to new condition. They brought it back to me and although a few new things popped up most items were fixed. During my first camping trip however we noticed the water pump was not working and now the wire that goes to the truck was not fully working. I called FR they sent B & E from Ocala to my house and after a bunch of smoke and melted wires we discovered that when Lazydays re-wired my panel they crossed some wires!! Not good! If this had happened in the wall who knows what the turn out might have been!!! Well a few hours later pump works, monitor panel works, wires to truck replaced, and some staining of raw wood was complete! We are taking it out this weekend for a test run and hopefully I can finally get a sucessful camping trip under my belt! Thanks to Pat at the factory and Bob and Ed at B & E for going the extra mile to make me happy again!!!

Iceman
Old 04-23-2009, 09:10 AM   #15

So many time you hear about the poor work and customer service that LD has and yet people keep going there. We stayed at the CG one time and the folks next to us had had thier camper there more than 10 times for stuff that went wrong after they had had it htere the last time. Additionally, it seems that alot of the units they sell have problems from the start,,,, maybe it is a dumping dealership for the factory rejects. Good luck on your next trip.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:57 PM   #16

So everything is fixed now? Are you done with your dealer? Do not listen to your brother about quality!

Wally

P.S. What do you keep in your cooler at nite, when you suspect someone is taking your Bud Lite in a can...(inside joke)
2008 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax
nomoreosama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:14 PM   #17

Wally,
Am I done with my dealer!!! Heck yes I am done with them! I will never ever give Lazydays another penny!

Iceman

Oh and about hte Bud-light thieve.......I really dont remeber much about that night..hehe
Old 08-17-2009, 03:26 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxfl View Post
So many time you hear about the poor work and customer service that LD has and yet people keep going there. We stayed at the CG one time and the folks next to us had had thier camper there more than 10 times for stuff that went wrong after they had had it htere the last time. Additionally, it seems that alot of the units they sell have problems from the start,,,, maybe it is a dumping dealership for the factory rejects. Good luck on your next trip.
I paid a little more to buy my rig from a local dealer with a good reputation. I could've saved a few thousand dollars by driving a few hours to Lazy Days or a couple of other low-priced dealers, but I knew in my gut that they wouldn't be there for me if I ever needed them. Sometimes getting the lowest price isn't what it's all about!

Unlike the member above who said that they never take their rig to a dealer, I ALWAYS take my rig to my dealer. This thing has a warranty, and my dealer does good work. The couple of very minor problems I have had I could've fixed myeslf in less than a day, but that completely defeats the purpose of buying a new rig and having a warranty.

I sometimes think I am the only RV owner on these forums and RV.net who actually likes their dealer.

Oh, BTW, my dealer is John's RV in Lexington, SC, and I have no affiliation with them whatsoever other than being a happy customer.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:22 PM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert6401 View Post
Unlike the member above who said that they never take their rig to a dealer, I ALWAYS take my rig to my dealer. This thing has a warranty, and my dealer does good work. The couple of very minor problems I have had I could've fixed myeslf in less than a day, but that completely defeats the purpose of buying a new rig and having a warranty.

I sometimes think I am the only RV owner on these forums and RV.net who actually likes their dealer.
I actually have a good relationship with my dealer, also. They gave me a fair sale price, no hassle buying, and when I take my unit in for warranty work, it is done in a timely and no questions asked basis. Cheek & Shockley is a family owned business near Richmond, VA.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote