Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2016, 12:30 PM   #1

One year ago

One year ago we bought our Cherokee 274rk. We have since put 17000 miles on our full time trip around the USA not all of those miles are on the trailer to be sure but at least 10,000 are. The trailer has suffered a deer hit causing about $2K in damages. The slideout frame is broke (not repaired yet) another time some slight damage to the slide out I had to repair(much stronger now). The trailer wheel bearings on one wheel were loose and destroyed the tire, I repaired that too. The water hoses leaked and damaged the cabinet under the sink ( I fixed the hoses but the damage was already done). The awning leaks just over the door. The sliding door to the bath fell off. The refrigerator mfg. has an issue for which we were contacted and also the refrigerator won't work at high altitudes. The bed frame is not supported well near the storage compartment. The rubber gasket on the slideout is cracked and torn and I did lubricate it. The warranty may have covered much of these, but realistically the trailer would have sat in dealer lots all year and it is our home.
GHOF is offline   Reply With Quote