Old 05-23-2018, 10:10 AM   #1

Online RV parts stores

Recently purchased a used 5th wheel and I am going to make some upgrades. I am looking for advice/comments on the myriad of online retailers. I purchased the 2nd A/C from our small local RV dealer. The price was close enough that I was willing to pay more to get the local service. They are great people to deal with and I would rather shop local. However, I'm looking to buy an EMS, slide out awnings and possibly a leveling system. On these items the price difference is just too great. I was looking through the forums for vendors that support the site but couldn't find any. I'm new here so maybe I missed them. Any advice would be appreciated.

Bajskad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:13 AM   #2

I've not had any bad experiences from the many I've used, to include Camping World and Amazon.

I've also purchased from Tweety's, PPL Motorhomes, RVLocks.com, and more. As well as directly from Torklift and I think Andersen.

Have fun shopping!

Joe

TV: 2016 Ford F-150 3.5 EcoBoost

marinerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:26 AM   #3
Site Team

While we do have some vendors/manufacturers/dealers who are members here, they're here as fellow campers/enthusiasts and aren't 'sponsors' of the site.

For online parts, most people seem to find Amazon has the best deals (the majority of the time). For some of those things, like the levelling system, you'll probably want to see about finding a place to do the install as well. If it's in your travel range, you could try doing a trip to Elkhart, where most of the manufacturers and suppliers are located and getting one installed right at the factory. I've heard of some people doing that, but don't know the procedure for it.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:46 AM   #4

Most of our stuff has come from Amazon, but you can get a half decent range from some Walmart stores and larger Canadian Tire stores (for those of us in The Great White North).
Old 05-23-2018, 12:06 PM   #5

Has anybody dealt with rvupgrades.com? They seems to have a good web site and are very competitive on prices.
Bajskad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 01:00 PM   #6

etrailer.com is who I am going to use to get my equipment for flat towing. They have an "expert" line where you can ask questions and I have had quick and good responses to my answers. They may also have installation videos depending on what you are trying to do. For the items I am purchasing, they are just slightly cheaper than Amazon.com
jvenditte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 01:02 PM   #7

An option to consider, unless you plan to do all installations yourself, is to have a heart to heart talk with your local RV dealer. Given the amount of $$ you will be spending (several hundreds to maybe thousands), you might get them to modify their prices to make it worth it to both of you. Maybe a package price for parts and labor.
Old 05-23-2018, 01:09 PM   #8

Rv upgrades

Over the past couple of years I have bought quite a bit from RV Upgrades. Their prices are very competitive and many times beat Amazon. Shipping is free if you spend $99 if spending less there is a flat rate $8.99 shipping cost. Free returns, no restocking fee and you have a 90 day return window.

Shipping is fast.
hmfic@bellsouth.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 01:14 PM   #9

Dyer's RV has beaten Amazon on several items I bought. RV Supplies, RV Accessories, RV Parts, Camper Parts, 5th Wheel Hitch
Arkansas Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 01:24 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkansas Traveler View Post
Dyer's RV has beaten Amazon on several items I bought. RV Supplies, RV Accessories, RV Parts, Camper Parts, 5th Wheel Hitch

I have found Dyers to be good and etrailer is always great!

kamper00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parts