Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2015, 12:35 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
fonzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Eastern Ontario
Posts: 3,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny kustom View Post
How are you doing so well empty!!?


2008 F350 CCSB V10
2016 Sabre 36QBOK
This is on highway at 90 km/hr and cruise control.......no lead foot also, I'm not in a hurry anymore (retired)
__________________

__________________
Fonzie
2011 Rockwood 8319SS with ProPride 3P hitch/GoodYear Marathons/TST TPMS 507
2008 F250 Lariat CC SB 6.8L V10 4.10 axle ratio (NITTO TERRA GRAPLER G2 LT275/65R20E)
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2011(21) 2012(36) 2013 (17) 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 12:37 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 262
wow, that would hurt the wallet a bit. I currently only tow about 1200 miles per year and get 10-11 mpg. and unloaded get 18-19 mpg doing around 12500 miles per year. what are you planning to do to the truck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny kustom View Post
F350 Crew SB.
13 ish empty and it was 7-8 pulling my TT. 8k.

Should be around 6, with the sabre.
That's fine with me. I've got a few things to do to it over the winter..
Should knock it up a couple mpg.


2008 F350 CCSB V10
2016 Sabre 36QBOK
__________________

__________________
jgroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 12:55 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Kenny kustom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3,340
Five star tuning.
Headers and intake.

A few less mpg is easier on the wallet than the usual repairs on a diesel.


2008 F350 CCSB V10
2016 Sabre 36QBOK
__________________
2017 Dynamax Isata 4
Kenny kustom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 01:05 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
DaveSchwartz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Waterloo Region
Posts: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgroff View Post
for info. here is the fee calculator from the mto website.

https://www.apps.rus.mto.gov.on.ca/j...d=view&lang=EN
Quote:
Validation Fee Calculator

This fee calculator is for commercial, farm, school bus and bus owners to determine their registration fees.
I don't drive any of those.
__________________
2015 Rockwood Signature UltraLite 8282WS Platinum, GY Marathon LRD, TST 507RV TPMS
2005 GMC 2500HD CCSB D/A, Curt E16, Prodigy P2, Garmin RV760LMT w/BC-20 b/u cam

Self restraint is for the young. I'm old and want it NOW!
DaveSchwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 01:20 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 316
$108. to get new sticker on my truck.
__________________
Marcel & Jenne
Kemptville, ON
2014 Rockwood 8282WS
2015 Ford F150 Eco-Boost
BusyRetirees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 01:33 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
DaveSchwartz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Waterloo Region
Posts: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyRetirees View Post
$108. to get new sticker on my truck.
Yup... the standard fee for personal use vehicles (even commercial types used for personal use according to the chart here... only the ones that have 'maximum' in the first column require the fee calculator). Going up again next year.

But getting off-topic... this thread was about licencing requirements.
__________________
2015 Rockwood Signature UltraLite 8282WS Platinum, GY Marathon LRD, TST 507RV TPMS
2005 GMC 2500HD CCSB D/A, Curt E16, Prodigy P2, Garmin RV760LMT w/BC-20 b/u cam

Self restraint is for the young. I'm old and want it NOW!
DaveSchwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 01:37 PM   #17
SaubleGuy
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 13
"if you want to go above that you should get a D license"


Not correct! - In fact, D license is still restricted to 4600kg - going over 4600kg total trailer weight requires an A license!
'D' license allows you to drive a heavier vehicle, not tow a heavier vehicle.
You can however get an 'AR' (A restricted), which is little easier to obtain.
__________________
Saubleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 02:57 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saubleguy View Post
"if you want to go above that you should get a D license"


Not correct! - In fact, D license is still restricted to 4600kg - going over 4600kg total trailer weight requires an A license!
'D' license allows you to drive a heavier vehicle, not tow a heavier vehicle.
You can however get an 'AR' (A restricted), which is little easier to obtain.

That's what I thought too. But the guy from mto told me D
__________________
jgroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 03:00 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSchwartz View Post
I don't drive any of those.

This is the link that mto gave me. He said anyone over 3000 kg has to go to that and use commercial. I'm not sure because I am personal $108 per year max 3000 kg.
__________________
jgroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 03:07 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny kustom View Post
Five star tuning.
Headers and intake.

A few less mpg is easier on the wallet than the usual repairs on a diesel.


2008 F350 CCSB V10
2016 Sabre 36QBOK

Can't say I disagree. I don't think I drive enough for diesel either.
__________________

__________________
jgroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
towing

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:54 AM.