Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2019, 01:38 PM   #41

Just get a pack of those red Solo plastic cups and drink all you want, where you want. These completely disguise what is in them, a fact known by high school and college age drinkers for decades. Where you guys been?

-- Chuck
Chuck_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 01:51 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflarin View Post
Hi,

I already asked a similar question to a park ranger in Massachusetts. The park rule is that you can't drink alcohol on the park. However I told him people are drinking wine in their RV. He answered that when you rent a camping site for the night, it becomes your private area for the night. That is where you can drink, inside your RV, or even on your pic-nic table if you are tenting. But you have to keep it to your site; don't go with alcohol on the driveway, don't go the beach with alcohol, don't go the bathroom with alcohol, etc.

So if the vehicule is parked for the night, is it parked on a rented lot or not?

In a camping, there shouldn't be a problem. In a Walmart camping, I wouldn't keep any visible alcohol bottle.

jf
Why did you feel the need to tell the Ranger that someone was drinking wine in their camper?
Old 05-19-2019, 02:12 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Gordon View Post
You are aware that Sunday liquor sales are not illegal everywhere, right?
Thankfully!

Sure don't see the point of banning sales on Sunday.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 02:14 PM   #44

I like Louisiana laws. You can carry a drink anywhere. Leave a bar and they give you a go-cup!
Old 05-19-2019, 02:39 PM   #45
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by babock View Post
I like Louisiana laws. You can carry a drink anywhere. Leave a bar and they give you a go-cup!
Well, not quite anywhere. But you're close. Go cups are popular, even for iced tea.
Many areas do not allow opened containers in public or autos so they use styrofoam cups to conceal it. And in most cases, cops aren't going to come up and snif your cup. 🤪
My home town is known for it's drive through liquor stores, even with laws against open container laws. They put a tissue on the drink and call it packaged.
What drinkers won't go through for a buzz.[emoji854]

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 02:53 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcheatwood View Post
Well, not quite anywhere. But you're close. Go cups are popular, even for iced tea.
Many areas do not allow opened containers in public or autos so they use styrofoam cups to conceal it. And in most cases, cops aren't going to come up and snif your cup. 🤪
My home town is known for it's drive through liquor stores, even with laws against open container laws. They put a tissue on the drink and call it packaged.
What drinkers won't go through for a buzz.[emoji854]
I like the drive through frozen dacquri places.
Old 05-19-2019, 06:00 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Gordon View Post
Why did you feel the need to tell the Ranger that someone was drinking wine in their camper?
Hi,

I'm being misquoted. That took place MANY years ago and I was younger (and more innocent). My question to the ranger was along the line of: may I drink wine (which I was doing already) and can I stop hiding, or am I going to be expelled.

The whole point of my post is the fact that when you rent a site on a camping, it becomes private and the application of the law change. Hence the alcohol-in-drivable-vehicule law stop applying. That's all you have to understand.

jf
jflarin is offline   Reply With Quote