Old 11-03-2015, 12:08 AM   #11
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Dixon View Post
$28+$10=$38 Or do you have 2 extra vehicles? I have no tow vehicle, but have a motorcycle in a carrier rack--would that count? Actually, I can see a daily parking fee for other vehicles, as you are taking up more space and creating more traffic. But I would shop around too.....money talks, money walks.
Jerry is right- the math adds up to $38/night, not $48. The second vehicle is your option (albeit an expensive one).

And, motorhomes don't necessarily have tow vehicles so they're only paying $28 and not $38.

But, what I have most issue with - you spent time posting here, and emailing half of the people in your county... if you have that much time on your hands, for the love of Pete, pick something important.

Old 11-03-2015, 12:52 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

I agree, that's highway robbery!

Good for you for taking your business elsewhere!

While searching private RV campsites in Colorado, I've seen prices of $100 or more a night! (I would rather dry camp in a Walmart than pay that!).

6-year Travel Trailer RVers
2013 Forest River Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2904SS
2014 Toyota Tundra Maxcrew SR-5 TRD 4x4 (with Firestone airbags in the rear)
ColoradoRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 07:15 AM   #13

The $48 comes from having their site ($28), TV ($10), plus the wife's work car ($10) at the site.

As a point of reference, Indiana state parks charge you $8 admission to the park when you initially drive through the gate (subsequent entries for that stay are free if you display your camping hang tag). This is on top of ever-increasing camping fees - last weekend was $90 for two nights of E/W/S. The $$ do add up, but we still see the value in the experience for us and the kids so it hasn't been a big deal.

With our can't get here soon enough trip to Ft Wilderness, any of the above seem like a bargain!!!!!
ProPride Hitch
purduepete97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 07:57 AM   #14
(Dry Huunday)

Sounds like a case of "Towed" discrimination going on!

They must only want motorhomes and not us "trailer trash"

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 07:58 AM   #15

Mt. Madonna County Park, Santa Clara County, CA. last year $30/night for RV site with water and 30 amp service. Bundle of firewood $8.00.
This year, $40/night, firewood $13.00.
Dirt pad, poor water pressure, no WIFI, or cable. Nice setting in the trees at the top of the ridge between Gilroy and Watsonville. Just too much much money for what you get. It is all about the money. The county just keeps raising the costs with additional features. Will not stay there again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2015 Wildcat 295RSX
2012 Ford F-250, 4x4, 6.7 Liter Diesel
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 07:59 AM   #16

"with NO additional features"

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2015 Wildcat 295RSX
2012 Ford F-250, 4x4, 6.7 Liter Diesel
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 08:39 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFamily View Post
Yeah, and local taxes pay for this "city" owned place already. Local RE taxes are high. $200k house is $6k per year. Just getting p**sed at the lack of common sense. 1 or 2 days might be ok, but 14 days is about $700 after tax. KEY WEST RATES!!!

Pick your battles I guess!?!?
Not to get too political, but states that do not have income tax have to pay for things some way. I would think a lot of that is collected in user type fees. My tax bill just came and my house appraises a little more than yours and our tax bill is about 1/5th what you state you pay. Not knowing exactly where you live may make a difference. We live just outside a very small town in NM. There are not a lot of services here like in a larger city but that is the price I pay for living here.

2012 Wildcat 282RKX

You can't make things idiot proof, you can only make them idiot resistant.
Filthy Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 08:54 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Jerry is right- the math adds up to $38/night, not $48. The second vehicle is your option (albeit an expensive one).

And, motorhomes don't necessarily have tow vehicles so they're only paying $28 and not $38.

But, what I have most issue with - you spent time posting here, and emailing half of the people in your county... if you have that much time on your hands, for the love of Pete, pick something important.

I asked a question on a public forum about a concern I had. I don't have a roof leak, or a stuck slide, or need an awning tie down. I asked people with experience if the fees were inline with the industry. I then spent time replying and thanking others who responded.

If you don't like my posts or don't like my free time, don't read them and keep your "personal" opinions about "what you have an issue with" to yourself.

My post was a legitimate question. Back off!!
TexasFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 08:56 AM   #19

Maybe I missed it but how much is the annual vehicle permit? We just got back from three weeks in Michigan and they have a similar vehicle fee at the state parks. It is something like $5 a day or $30 annual... so even I can do that math.
Sold... 2013 Shadow Cruiser 26
raytwntrvlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 08:59 AM   #20

Opinions....Expectations too high?

Annual fee for a "city" park is $125 "per vehicle" not per family. It's actually assigned to a specific license plate.

Lloyd Park Grand Prairie TX

TexasFamily is offline   Reply With Quote