Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2010, 10:16 AM   #1

Order delay

I hope this is the proper place to ask this...
We ordered a 2011 233s 10 weeks ago and were told delivery would be 6-8 weeks from order date. I realize production could be slowed by a number of things but our sales rep. from a local Forest River-only dealer seems to be having trouble getting info on our order from the company. We were wondering if any one else has had this problem ordering brand new or is this normal turn around to take so long...even the dealer seems a little baffled. Starting to lose a little confidence in Forest River right off the bat. Am I just too anxious or is Forest River typically slow???
drvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:22 AM   #2
Wanna Be Camper

We were told originally 8 to 10 weeks on our 2011 V-Lite and it took 13 weeks to come in. Ordered last week of March and took delivery on the 9th of July. Busy time of year for FR. Better to take a bit longer and get a better finished product IMO.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:46 AM   #3

QUOTE=TheSasks;..... Better to take a bit longer and get a better finished product IMO.

I agree, top of the line product is worth the wait as long as I know this is typical. Have already reserved 2 weeks of camping end of September into October...just hope it comes prior to that.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:27 PM   #4

Any manufacturer can experience delays no matter what they produce so they can only give you a best guess estimate of when your rig will arrive. I work for a company that manufactures shoes. We try to give good estimates of when a customers order will arrive, but supplier delays, machine break downs, etc. can all combine to push those delivery dates out.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 02:02 PM   #5

I understand that and said that in my post...I just was inquiring as to whether any one has experienced this as a common problem when ordering from Forest River. Do they (FR) generally take a little longer than other RV manufacturers....is 8-10 weeks normal for RVs primarily...I am aware of manufacturer's proticol, just didn't know if FR always predicts 6-8 weeks when it normally takes 8-10. I do know that they have some general tendencies as a company to overstate/underestimate certain things. So therefore the reason for my question.