Old 08-28-2011, 08:38 PM   #11
Sounds the same doesn't it? Who is your dealer? All Star? I'd like to know so I can send the fix info to my guy so he can follow up. Thanks. Ps glad your wife is doing better.

Grums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 08:59 PM   #12
Alberta Camper
Yup, All Star, and they are very good. Talk to Garith, he is the best.

2011 Blue Ridge 3600RS
2010 Dodge Ram 3500 Curt 5 20k
2010 Camping 20 nights
2011Camping 40 Nights

Brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 10:30 PM   #13
Thought it might be. I'll tell my guy. He can talk to your guy. Thanks Brave!
Old 08-28-2011, 10:43 PM   #14
Site Team
Thank goodness that your wife is doing much better! How did almost every one miss the part about breaking her arm?? But then you didn't get to that part until the end...guess guys think differently than us gals. LOL
Great choice for "Living within my means" and camping for one...

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:03 AM   #15
It's almost always us girls who catch the details. Nice to hear from another girl. Cheers.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:52 PM   #16
Originally Posted by Grums View Post
I would love some photos. If it's the same and sounds like it is, I'll give them to my dealer in hopes of solving our problem. Thanks again for all your help. Look forward to your reply. Cheers.
OK, I apologize in advance for the poor quality (cell phone) of the pics, but I did the best I could with the time/equipment I had. Honestly, if you open the slideout and look underneath, I think it will make more sense.

FYI, the perspective of these photos is taken while lying down looking up at the aft part of the roadside slideout:

Looking at the second photo, you can see how I added the aluminum sheeting (actually roof flashing since it’s all I had available at the campground) in order to give the slideout seal something to “push” against when closed. I used the trim seal screws (one of which is visible just to the left of red arrow, more visible in first photo) to punch through and hold the aluminum sheeting. I cut the flashing such that it's tucked behind the non-moving skin rubber seal and isn't visible when the slideout is open.

(I put "pop-rivet" in the first photo, but after inspecting closer I decided to use the factory trim screws as it was easier and less permanent in case the mod didn't work.)

In other words, the “white” arrow portion was bypassing the non-moving skin seal (underneath/on outer side of red), causing the “white” arrow portion to tear when opening/closing. I hope this makes sense.

Like I said, open the slideout, unscrew the trim seal from the non-moving skin of the trailer, and I’m confident you will see the problem (if in fact FR cut the skin too “short” on your trailer like they did to mine).

Please also note that I added some spray foam after doing the modification. You can see the "new" foam in the first photo as the brighter yellow stuff. I had to cut away some of the factory foam to tuck in the new piece of aluminum before screwing it down. A $5 can of expanding insualtion foam from your local home improvement store will do the job (wear disposable gloves!!!)
45 ACP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:16 PM   #17
I had the same issue with my furnace. Turns out a connecter had broken off. I documented 21 issues with my trailer in the first year. All but 1 are fixed & I now love my rig. The 1 that isn't fixed is the second dud Concertone, but Concertone doesn't think it's defective & too bad if it is cuz we're not replacing it. Na na on me. But that's a story for another day...
Arn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:05 PM   #18
We have seal problems on our Georgetown also. We had a failure in the dinette slide ceiling seal that let water into the overhead cabinets. It wasn't until the start of this season we noticed the moldy smell. I'm in the process of building new cabinets.

We also have an issue on the floor-level seal of the bedroom slide. It seems to have rolled over for about a 6" length. Obviously water ingress isn't an issue, but critter ingress is. I'll be under the slide soon lubricating it with dry-rub graphite and trying to re-attach it to the sill.

Is it feasible to mix dry graphite or molybdenum lubricant with vegetable oil to apply it? I would think vegetable oil wouldn't damage the seal material. Comments?

Frank and Eileen
No longer RVers or FR owners
F and E Damp is offline   Reply With Quote

blue ridge