Old 07-21-2015, 10:07 PM   #1

Our new Vibe 308BHS!!!!

So we received out Vibe 308 on Sunday morning. We were really blown away by how nice it looks in person. It arrive with no issues (so far). We plan on taking it out this weekend to Calido Springs and staying on the lake for two days. I am very impressed. One thing I noticed is how stable it is even without the jacks down compared to the Shaddow Cruiser we also looked at. We also walked into a Dutchman that was very rocky.

Decided to take some pictures at the storage I'm keeping it at. Finally got around to washing the truck. Wife was suprised how well I backed the beast up for the first time. Of course after teaching her to spot me.

TT: 2016 40' Chaparral 360IBL at 14000lbs
TV: 2016 F450 Platinum 6.7 CC LWB FX4, B&W Companion Hitch
IronCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 10:29 PM   #2

Congrats, it looks very nice. Good looking truck also!

2015 Rockwood Mini Lite 2504s
2015 Toyota Tundra Crewmax
Equal-i-zer hitch
Nights camped 2014 - 6
Nights camped 2015 - 20
AFitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 10:32 PM   #3
Site Team

very nice
2017-67 / 16-92 / 15-73 / 14-60 / 13-33
Seasonal
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 09:25 AM   #4

nice looking rig
Old 07-22-2015, 10:42 AM   #5

Very cool! We got our 308BHS two weeks ago and have used every weekend so far and are heading out this weekend and then the following weekend a bit longer of a trip to go float the river! So far so good! We took it to a bar-b-q contest this past weekend and got a tons of looks and compliments! Even in the Texas heat and cooking beans inside for 4 hours the AC did a good job of keeping up (plus had the cook vent on the whole time)! The kids love the extra room in the back (16 and 13 year old boys).

Are your cushions messed up on the dinette (wont make into a bed)? There are some post on here about it... several are. Ours were, but our dealer put in a warranty claim to have it fixed. The fix I hear is an extra filler cushion.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camper2.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	322.7 KB
ID:	83724  
Old 07-22-2015, 11:20 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerbuggy View Post
Very cool! We got our 308BHS two weeks ago and have used every weekend so far and are heading out this weekend and then the following weekend a bit longer of a trip to go float the river! So far so good! We took it to a bar-b-q contest this past weekend and got a tons of looks and compliments! Even in the Texas heat and cooking beans inside for 4 hours the AC did a good job of keeping up (plus had the cook vent on the whole time)! The kids love the extra room in the back (16 and 13 year old boys).

Are your cushions messed up on the dinette (wont make into a bed)? There are some post on here about it... several are. Ours were, but our dealer put in a warranty claim to have it fixed. The fix I hear is an extra filler cushion.
Nice! How does your F150 pull it? What hitch are you using? How is the sway when a truck passes by? Not sure about the cushions yet. Will have to check tonight. Also, is yours a 2016 or 2015? They made some cool changes to ours that are nice and then one that doesn't make any sense.

First, the additional of a much larger outside kitchen with cabinets is awesome. The frame on ours is a thicker frame using mostly bolts instead of welds, which I highly prefer (from a structural engineering standpoint, me being a Aerospace Engineer and all).

What I don't understand is the placement of the battery. We were under the impression that our battery was in the forward storage area. But they moved it to the front A frame and there is ZERO space for a battery box. I'm going to have to retrofit one.

TT: 2016 40' Chaparral 360IBL at 14000lbs
TV: 2016 F450 Platinum 6.7 CC LWB FX4, B&W Companion Hitch
IronCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 01:28 PM   #7

Very nice .... Enjoy!!
Old 07-22-2015, 01:42 PM   #8
Georgia Frog Rally 2018

Nice. enjoy your new rig. Later RJD
2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2016 58
Days camped so far 2017 62
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 01:49 PM   #9

Congrats, we got ours a couple months ago and have camped about 7 days so far in the Oklahoma and Missouri heat. Everything working great so far. The outside kitchen is awesome. I pull mine with a 2013 F-150 ecoboost with no issues. The only problems I've seen so far is the aforementioned dinette issue and the stereo receiver didn't work properly. Being the anal electrical engineer I had to take it apart and it simply wasn't wired correctly. Working great now.
Old 07-22-2015, 02:55 PM   #10

The F150 is new (only 5,000 miles) and if I would've known we were getting a TT I wouldn't have bought it and I would've bought a 3/4 ton for sure. This is my second ecoboost truck and I promise it has more than enough power to haul it. Now does it have enough stability (*****)... I'm not sure. The furthest I've pulled it is around 40 miles one way. The camp grounds and etc have all been close to the house. Next week are going a couple hundred miles down the road to New Braunfels to float and that will be my first test. I have the Equalizer 4pt hitch that I just got done fine tuning actually. I think I may need a bit more adjusting, but I will determine that this weekend when we go camping again just down the road.

Ours doesn't have an outdoor kitchen. It has the spot and its larger than the other Vibes they had in stock. The same TT with the outdoor kitchen was 5k more. I told my wife I could add something for much less than that, but honestly... I'm liking the extra storage at this point! She wants a small fridge and some cabinets, so I'm sure we will end up adding that at some point.

Ours is a 2015 and the battery was below the tongue area also. Once inserted they couldn't get the plastic cone piece that covers the LP tanks to go on the right way. They were just pulling those rubber catches to the point I thought they were going to break! The dealer was going to just leave it that way until I said something about it. They even got out a grinder with a cut off wheel to trim it up so the battery would fit... I was like Hell NO! This is after trying 3 batteries one of which was a regular car battery and not even a deep cycle. When I pointed it out the guy said "but it has 650 cold cranking AMPs". Thank goodness I was there to watch over them. I had them relocate the battery in the front storage area like I've see the other Vibe models have. They ran the lines and added a battery storage box along with a vent.

The only issue I have at this point is the awning. It will go out fine, but will not retract without be rolling it up by hand half way. At the half way point it will finish on its own.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150722_131756.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	270.4 KB
ID:	83737   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150722_131816.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	259.1 KB
ID:	83738  

Tags
vibe