Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-02-2017, 11:47 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisc40 View Post
Yup we missed a turn while driving around the DC area in our little Mini toad. So we take a left into what first looked like a parking lot in order to reverse course. There were no signs until we actually got in and those had no trespassing on them. Later using Google we discovered it is a CIA complex!

But I spot a turn around and before we knew it we were stopped by 6 guards with bullet proof vests, guns, tazers, you name it they had it. Yup they spotted those dangerous AARPers in that Mini coming nefariously close to the facility. I was given several questions to answer and threatened with citations (or worse) if I should venture into their driveway again. I tried to look impressively scared at what he could do to us but it was too hard to act the part so I just remained polite.

It did finally hit them that we were in fact lost and not likely a pesky pair of elderly trouble makers from that dastardly AARP group. So he gave us directions and a final bit of advice never to come back. First time I've been told that in over 40 years when I was in college.🤣

So if you ever find yourself lost after leaving the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum near Dulles on Air and Space Museum Parkway DO NOT EVER TAKE A LEFT AFTER ROUTE 28 INTERCHANGE. Your loved ones may never see you again!!!
Pass the local FBI office on my way to work every morning. You couldn't get within 200yds of the parking lot. Gate, signs, shack...15' off roadway.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 04:42 AM   #42

I will never go there anyway, I haven't lost anything there in D.C.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 06:58 AM   #43

Good thing you weren't wearing skinny jeans and a hoodie with a stocking cap on.
JJaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 07:26 AM   #44

I was at the Whitehouse last night and saw a bunch of guards watching the crowd. Compared to the guards at the CIA they looked like high school kids. I would have strong reservations that they would be able to stop a bad situation from getting worse without having to use their weapons. Most were skinny 140 lbs soaking wet and very early 20s. I would have thought they'd be more imposing.
Chrisc40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 12:09 PM   #45
Who Dares, Wins

With what they pay and their conditions they have a huge turn around.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote