Old 06-26-2013, 09:00 PM   #1

Out of reach vent!

Good Evening Everyone!
We recently purchased a 2011 Rockwood 8281SS fifth wheel. We love it! BUT, a little confused concerning a vent. In the living room/kitchen area there is a vent on the ceiling. The ceiling is about 10 foot high and obviously I can't reach it. It does however have a ring on the knob that would appear to take a rod to crank it open. Help!?!?!? Can someone tell me if I'm correct and where could I get one?
Thanks
Ed

Old 06-26-2013, 09:16 PM   #2
Mod free 5er

Have the same problem in our 5er, our vent has the standard crank handle so I took a pc of 3/4" pvc and notched the end to fit over the handle and just twist it. Works great and the pvc stows in the drawer under the couch.

Old 06-26-2013, 09:38 PM   #3
H2oski

Did you check under couch storage area for a rod? How about under the couch? Just an idea.
(LA) Lower Alabama
h20ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:43 PM   #4
MI Camperz

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Have the same problem in our 5er, our vent has the standard crank handle so I took a pc of 3/4" pvc and notched the end to fit over the handle and just twist it. Works great and the pvc stows in the drawer under the couch.
OC is the primo manufacturer of RV mods I swear!
Old 06-26-2013, 09:50 PM   #5
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodzcampers View Post
OC is the primo manufacturer of RV mods I swear!
Don't think so, just like to make things easier for somebody that is very lazy! ME!
Old 06-26-2013, 09:59 PM   #6

Quote:
Don't think so, just like to make things easier for somebody that is very lazy! ME!
They say if you want to find an easy way to get a job done, give it to a lazy person. I guess I'm very lazy because I always look for an easy way to do the job.
caper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:04 PM   #7
NELA

Quote:
OC,

Was it you that told me about making the wedge for under my slider bed mattress?

Since ours raises up for storage under the platform, a solid wedge won't work, sooooo I'm going for a lazy fix, for now;

Gonna take that POS comforter that came with the TT and fold it up into about a 18 inch wide roll X the width of the queen mattress and put that under it. If it works maybe I'll buy one of those body pillows to put under the mattress.

If the body pillow isn't long/wide enough I'll buy two and sew an extension on one by gutting the second one.

(for those not familiar with the discussion, our bed makes us feel as if we're sleeping unlevel...head down..OC says his felt the same way and his isn't even a slider bed, he too used a level on the platform and his too shows level)

OK, apologies for the OT. I'll be good now.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:17 PM   #8
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERmit View Post
OC, Was it you that told me about making the wedge for under my slider bed mattress? Since ours raises up for storage under the platform, a solid wedge won't work, sooooo I'm going for a lazy fix, for now;...
Ours raises for storage also, the wedge just goes to the hinge. Sure makes it more comfortable sleeping.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:21 PM   #9
NELA

Quote:
Ours raises for storage also, the wedge just goes to the hinge. Sure makes it more comfortable sleeping.
I'ma try the body pillow first, due to the weight issue. I'll let ya know how it works. Also gonna buy the topper, probably from WM. CW has a special on 'em right now, but I don't do "delayed gratification" yanno? I want it NOW!

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote