View Poll Results: Outside kitchen- like it or hate it?
Do you like the idea of an outside kitchen? 211 57.49%
Don't want an outside kitchen 82 22.34%
Don't care either way 74 20.16%
Voters: 367. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-04-2011, 10:38 PM   #91
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

what he said times 2 .

If you bag on an outside kitchen its only cause you don't have one and you wish you did !

Old 11-05-2011, 11:19 AM   #92

I like the idea of not having to go in and out each time I need a cold one. I have not had the opportunity to use the micro or stove but I can see how they might be handy to some. The sink is kinda nice too. I think I would have preferred the extra bunk instead, but I'm still on the fence.

2012 F-350 4x4 King Ranch Super Duty CC 6.7 Turbo Diesel 3.55 e-locker
2011 Palomino Puma 30KFBDS with Side Paw Kitchen and Bunkhouse
Equalizer E2 Hitch
GASPEDDLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 05:21 PM   #93

Don't like the outside kitchen for several reasons. The main one being, the campers I've seen really using it were more interested in partying then really cooking. The DW and myself are quiet people and enjoy it so, it seems that the outside kitchen just promotes partying. The grill that hangs on the side of the camper cooks more then enough for the two of use, and have actually cooked for four on it.

2012 Winnebago "Journey To Insanity" 40U
2008 Dakota Sport 4x4
2004 Subaru Baja - DW's
2006 Honda Shadow Aero - TOAD for now.
F.R.O.G. member
lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 05:48 PM   #94

Wish I had an outdoor kitchen, would go nice with my flat screen on the outside watching a game/race, speakers going, cooking! Heck for that matter micro popcorn w/o smelling up trailer. Couldn't find the layout that I cared for that had an outdoor kitchen so for now, it's the roadtrip grill and the plug in cooler.
TTNewbees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 06:24 PM   #95

Ya it's great, we keep drinks, food & worms for fishing in outdoor frig. Counter top is nice for preparing food, sink is great for washing hands before during and after cooking. Outside cabinetry is great for keeping cups, plates and misc items. Little stove is great for cooking so smell doesn't fill trailer.( or grease splatter) oh and we're some of the quietest people at the CG .
Old 11-05-2011, 06:31 PM   #96

The only thing I hate about my outside kitchen is that all the manufactures keep improving them and I can't afford to upgrade every year. Love the fridge storage and the little stove is great for cooking breakfast. Summers in Alberta are so short that one has to enjoy being outside as much as possible.
]
[SIGPIC]
skgeorgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:47 AM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindy View Post
Don't like the outside kitchen for several reasons. The main one being, the campers I've seen really using it were more interested in partying then really cooking. The DW and myself are quiet people and enjoy it so, it seems that the outside kitchen just promotes partying. The grill that hangs on the side of the camper cooks more then enough for the two of use, and have actually cooked for four on it.
So you're against partying, or people who don't cook? We "party" with our outside kitchen and don't bother our neighbors. We also use it EXTENSIVELY for cooking. The outside stove and microwave are used every day, as are the refrigerator and sink. When we camp we like to have a good time and enjoy the outdoors at the same time. We aren't the type to sit in our TT all day/night to watch TV and never go outside. The outside kitchen gives us the tools to stay outside and enjoy our spring/summer/fall. We only get to do this for 6 months out of the year, so anything we can do to extend our time out of doors gets an A+ from me!!
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:06 AM   #98

I've never actually looked at one with an outside kitchen. This is the scenario I see:

Me: Honey, where is the mustard?
Wife: In the outside fridge
Me: (run to outside fridge) Honey where is the mayo?
Wife: In the inside fridge
Me: Geez!

Or for those that have the kitchen do you have 2 of everything?

Seriously though, if that's your thing great, nothing wrong with that. I really don't think I'd make good use of it.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:07 AM   #99
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by trudinator View Post
So you're against partying, or people who don't cook? We "party" with our outside kitchen and don't bother our neighbors. We also use it EXTENSIVELY for cooking. The outside stove and microwave are used every day, as are the refrigerator and sink. When we camp we like to have a good time and enjoy the outdoors at the same time. We aren't the type to sit in our TT all day/night to watch TV and never go outside. The outside kitchen gives us the tools to stay outside and enjoy our spring/summer/fall. We only get to do this for 6 months out of the year, so anything we can do to extend our time out of doors gets an A+ from me!!
The styles between you and the poster you are referring to are very different. The title of this topic referres to loving it or hating it. Sounds like not everyone loves the outside kitchen but those who do really enjoys it.

While I can see the value in an outside kitchen for some people it just doesn't hold much value for me.

I also try not to take posts too seriously because it usually doesn't apply to me.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:17 AM   #100

I'm just glad I had the choice...of which we chose to have one and now I couldn't see ever purchasing another without. TomAto-tomato. No sense in getting ruffled feathers over it!

Steve and Michele Bassett
2014 Surveyor Select SV305
2005 Ford F250 Lariat SuperCab 6.0 TurboDiesel
stevengb is offline   Reply With Quote