View Poll Results: Outside kitchen- like it or hate it?
Do you like the idea of an outside kitchen? 211 57.49%
Don't want an outside kitchen 82 22.34%
Don't care either way 74 20.16%
Voters: 367. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-06-2012, 08:23 AM   #111

We do not have an outside kitchen; however, I think it would nice as we do nearly all cooking (99%) outside. Probably the most indoors cooking appliance we use is the oven and that is mainly in the morning time and not that often. Another poster mentioned “Dutch Oven” cooking which is something we do. I like the outdoor refrigerator and sink concepts. My preference for an outdoor stove is the Camp Chef type with the large burners.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:25 AM   #112

I have a 3 burner stove from my popup days which I still carry in the 5th. I would like to have a stove pull out outside but I don't need the rest of the stuff. Well maybe a small counter to go with the stove.

The whole outside kitchen eats up too much interior room and I can't get the layout I want. There seems to be room under one of the slide to do this.

2004 Ford F550 6l Lariat SuperCrew, Fontaine Bed,
Link Systems Air Ride
2011 Sterling 32RL with Michelin XPS tires
extremebike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:42 AM   #113

When we were shopping for our new camper, an outside kitchen was a must for my husband and a walk around bed and u shape dinette was mine. We have two kids ages 9 and 11 and almost always one of them has a friend when we camp. Our main purpose for insisting on the outside kitchen was so we could keep the kids from the constant in out in out.....i want a snack.....i am thirsty.....etc. Also, we plan on keeping the coffee pot and toaster out there so that when my husband wakes up with the kids at o'dark thirty, they can go out and have breakfast and won't wake me up......lol We finally chose the Shasta Revere 30CKBH in Espresso and we picked her up yesterday!!!!
Old 01-17-2012, 10:26 AM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsscooter View Post
When we were shopping for our new camper, an outside kitchen was a must for my husband and a walk around bed and u shape dinette was mine. We have two kids ages 9 and 11 and almost always one of them has a friend when we camp. Our main purpose for insisting on the outside kitchen was so we could keep the kids from the constant in out in out.....i want a snack.....i am thirsty.....etc. Also, we plan on keeping the coffee pot and toaster out there so that when my husband wakes up with the kids at o'dark thirty, they can go out and have breakfast and won't wake me up......lol We finally chose the Shasta Revere 30CKBH in Espresso and we picked her up yesterday!!!!
Congrats on the new TT!! The outside kitchen was also a must for us and we absolutely love it. I'm with you....my DH can go outside in the morning and get some breakfast while I'm still enjoying the comfy bed and exploring the backs of my eyelids! Happy camping!!
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:24 PM   #115
American Dreamer

We just bought a Lacrosse 318BH Touring Edition the outside kitchen and the bathroom entrance where a must as it keeps the kids from in an out while we are at the camp site. The convenience is amazing at nights you can cook the steak drink the soda and watch the football game on Dish while inside the wife can be getting ready to put the young ones to bed it is all an upside and I see no downside.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:49 PM   #116
HappyCampers

Love the Outdoor Kitchen. The Pull down TV is my favorite. It was awesome watching the NCAA March Madness games last year, outside with friends in the campground. (especially since I am a HUGE UL fan)

The ODK was a win-win for us because it was actually on HIS wish list-- and mine was a bigger bathroom -- (we didn't need any bunks.)so this camper was PERFECT!

Love having the sink and fridge and microwave right there to avoid so many trips in and out of the camper on hot days.

Cant wait for this crazy cold weather in IN to warm up a little so we can start camping again soon!

66 Days Camped 2014, 106 Days Camped 2013

2012 Flagstaff 829RKSS
2HappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:33 AM   #117

I wouldn't be without one. I bring 2 grills and a smoker most of the time. All my supplies area always where I need them. The outside fridge is perfect for beer and meat for grilling/smoking. Cuts down considerably on traffic in and out of trailer. No more need to carry a cooler and keep buying ice.
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:35 AM   #118
Site Team

Wife always wanted one but we are seldom around the fiver long enough to use it. Our RV is more of a motel room while we travel instead if a destination.

Sent from my XT907 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:20 AM   #119

Our Puma 30KFBDS has the outside kitchen and we love it. There's nothing quite like cooking outside while camping, but I would say that I simply enjoy being able to wash my hands frequently while doing the cooking. The other benefit is it seriously limits the in-and-out wear and tear on the door into the camper. With 5 kids someone is always hungry or wants a cold drink and in our previous camper the door was ALWAYS opening and closing...to the point that a camper in an adjacent campsite asked how many hinges we have replaced?? Lol. The outside kitchen eliminated that..

2013 GMC Savana 2500 FBI Edition
2015 Rockwood 8327SS stuffed with 5 kids!

SE Michigan
Nights camped 2014: 48
BiigDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:01 AM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiigDaddy View Post
Our Puma 30KFBDS has the outside kitchen and we love it. There's nothing quite like cooking outside while camping, but I would say that I simply enjoy being able to wash my hands frequently while doing the cooking. The other benefit is it seriously limits the in-and-out wear and tear on the door into the camper. With 5 kids someone is always hungry or wants a cold drink and in our previous camper the door was ALWAYS opening and closing...to the point that a camper in an adjacent campsite asked how many hinges we have replaced?? Lol. The outside kitchen eliminated that..

X2 to that. Except the 5 kids (just have 3)

1968 Pontiac Le Mans
Malco is offline   Reply With Quote