Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

View Poll Results: Outside kitchen- like it or hate it?
Do you like the idea of an outside kitchen? 211 57.49%
Don't want an outside kitchen 82 22.34%
Don't care either way 74 20.16%
Voters: 367. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-25-2011, 03:56 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenZ View Post
I like BBQ so outdoor kitchen is useless to me. I do everything on the grill. Meat, Corn, Potatoes, beans, etc. Kitchens are no place for a man
I'll choose to not take offense to that remark....and I can only hope ur never in a situation were 4 kids depend on you in a kitchen.....
phuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 04:18 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenZ View Post
I like BBQ so outdoor kitchen is useless to me. I do everything on the grill. Meat, Corn, Potatoes, beans, etc. Kitchens are no place for a man
I'll choose to not take offense to that remark....and I can only hope ur never in a situation were 4 kids depend on you in a kitchen.....
phuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:06 PM   #63

I like the outdoor kitchens and hate my tt does not have one!
toadswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:09 PM   #64

When we bought ours it was either getting an outside kitchen and losing an outside door to the bathroom, one bunk bed and the kids table in their "room".

I need to find someone with one and "check it out", I guess this is more of a to each his own question. For us, running from the pool/rain into the bathroom to change and NOT dragging dirt/grass through the trailer is fantastic. Plus I actually get to sit with the wife and eat at the dinning room table while the 3 kids sit in at the table in their room. They really like it, plus they play board games in there too.

So for us, the "no kitchen" seems to work out well.
2011 Surveyor 304
g0tr00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:37 PM   #65

I still got the 2nd door to the bathroom, 2 upper bunks and a lower jiffy sofa in the back. We actually looked at another trailer with outdoor kitchen that didn't have the 2nd door and that was a deal breaker for us too as that was a must have.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:18 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by leencharlotte View Post
I still got the 2nd door to the bathroom, 2 upper bunks and a lower jiffy sofa in the back. We actually looked at another trailer with outdoor kitchen that didn't have the 2nd door and that was a deal breaker for us too as that was a must have.
now THAT sounds nice! Had I seen that, I might have taken more out on our loan..lol...Actually, we had a .....budget the wife "suggested" we stay in. So...I didn't have much wiggle room darn bills!
2011 Surveyor 304
g0tr00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:03 AM   #67

It is 50 years old and is still my favorite outdoor kitchen.

carbonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:13 AM   #68

When i'm outside, I just cook on the BBQ, so no I don't need one.
camper007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:43 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonman View Post
It is 50 years old and is still my favorite outdoor kitchen.

While I can appreciate your using your Coleman because it's sentimental or whatever, I gave up on our white gas Coleman stove many, many, many years ago. Too much work, in my opinion. I could never get the thing pumped up enough and would always have to depend on DH to do it for me. We then went to a propane Coleman and then moved up to a cast iron stove with enough BTU's to fire your home furnace! Now we have the new Rockwood with the outside kitchen and I can honestly say I don't miss lugging everything but the kitchen sink in and out of our utility trailer. I always thought I'd continue to cook with my cast iron stove too....until the TT arrived with the outside kitchen. Now it sits in my garage, collecting dust.
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 05:36 PM   #70

We have a 2011 Salem kqbss.It has an outdoor kitchen and is the best part of the whole trailer.It is constantly being used.We have a family of five and like to spend as much time outdoors as possible so for us it was the ideal thing.
Malco NS Canada
Malco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:28 PM   #71

Cool Going to find out!

We just traded our hybrid for a Tracer 2910BDH, my wife and I thought it would be nice to have an outside kitchen, so I guess we are going to find out. Our family has been camping since our kids were little, they are all grown up now, but it would be nice with little ones to have outside drinks and snacks to keep them from going in and out of the trailer. But I will let you all know how we feel about the outside kitchen once we try it, but I think I am going to enjoy not having to haul all that extra gear and the outside beer fridge lol.
F'ton N.B. Canada
dennis5_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:10 PM   #72

We just bought a Surveyor SP295 because the layout had the outside kitchen design. We're social people and having access to this setup will only make our camping experience more fun.

So I vote YES....

Brawne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:59 PM   #73

Best part of our trailer! Wife was indifferent before we bought, but now she tells everyone we meet that she would never do with out it!

Sink, hot/cold taps, microwave, fridge, cupboards, drawer, counter space, and swing out two burner gas stove. Counter has room for kettle, coffee maker, and four slice toaster!

Only real beef the wife has is that she wishes the stove was three burner instead of two. Not sure why they cheaped out... it certainly would have fit. To compensate, we bought a two burner electric (may sound excessive, but big family!). Stores perfectly under the counter top (just fits!).

We even use it in the rain... flip up access panel makes for a great roof, and with awning out you get complete cover right to the trailer door.

Like many, guessing our preference for outdoor cooking is the result of the migration for tenting, to tent trailer, to trailer.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:23 AM   #74

love cooking out of doors

I love cooking out of doors and perfer to keep cooking smells out of the trailer. Plus the added heat in the summer. I am a big yes. The fridge is handy for drinks which keeps little dirty feet from dragging more stuff into the trailer.
Scoouts mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 06:58 PM   #75
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

we recently purchased a 32 bhok-6 with an outside kitchen .
to be honest i love it ! less trips inside 5er ! kids can get drinks without trouncing through camper . my 5er has a 2 burner stove top, microwave,
sink, and slide out tv . and plenty of storage for pots pans plates and silverware . as well as storing condiments .

2 thumbs up from me !
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:17 PM   #76

I would not dislike having one, but as long as I have a BBQ outside I'm a very happy camper. We got a used bunk model that had 90% of the stuff we wanted, so we are happy without one. On hot summer days, when the AC is up full blast I would love to cook all outside, but I actually prefer to dine inside. The amazing thing about RV's is that you can get just about any feature you want and live any lifestyle you want from the basic tent on wheels to the most luxurious bus weather you are on your own, have 13 kids, young couple, empty nest, life in an RV is anything you want it to be and how you cook your food is just another great option.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:54 PM   #77

maiden voyage

Well my wife Cheryl and daughter Erin, took our Tracer 2910bhs on its maiden voyage. The trailer hauled very well and was very comfortable to tow. We used the outside kitchen and I must say I like it very much, cooked up some corn on the cob and some chicken on the BBQ, of course needed some cold drinks to help me get the job done. I think it's something I should have had years ago.

Dennis
F'ton N.B. Canada
dennis5_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:26 PM   #78

We purchased or Rockwood fiver with ODK and cannot begin to tell you how much we have enjoyed this feature, when I was a boy my Dad would take us camping in a tear-drop with a out side kitchen we would travel all over the state stop any where and our kitchen was ready to use, we were camping in the gold country and counted the people that stopped and admired this fea ture we counted 17 different people, gave us a little pride of ownership
EAGLEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:46 PM   #79

SV-305...Outside kitchen was a key feature for me...Absolutely LOVE IT!!!
Pilotdaddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:31 PM   #80

Our new Surveyor SV-305 will be sitting in our seasonal site and the outside kitchen was a must for us in this situation. The kitchen was the main item that we considered when we bought the trailer. We haven't had a chance to use it yet but the wife and I are excited about our new purchase.
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 CC Outdoorsman
PrairieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote