View Poll Results: Outside kitchen- like it or hate it?
Do you like the idea of an outside kitchen? 211 57.49%
Don't want an outside kitchen 82 22.34%
Don't care either way 74 20.16%
Voters: 367. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-08-2011, 06:03 AM   #41
I said "hate", although that's a strong word. Rather--I would not buy an RV with that feature given our current style of RV-ing. For now, I consider it as something that takes up space I could use for something else.

2017 Cedar Creek 38CK Hathaway Edition
2015 Ford F-350 6.7 CC 4x4
B&W RVK3300
Full-timing since 5/2/2016. Roam Sweet Home.
FROG Int'l Rallies: 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
MrT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 06:53 AM   #42
outside kitchens

I like the idea.. When it gets to be 80+ degrees outside and and the a/c is being turned on. Why not cook outside ?? I do at home with a natural gas bbq ,in fact i use it all year round. I would think i would use one a lot. Maybe on our next rv ??

dretired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:11 AM   #43
We were not sure if we would use it all that much. Now that we have one its the best feature of our Sierra 365SAQ. We use it everyday added a coffee maker, Margarittaville maker and its the hit of the campground. Cant see us using the inside kitchen for much more than heating up things or the oven. All the miss and smells outside Not sure how anyone would hate it maybe they think they would rather spend the money on something different but not hate it! On our model there is a ton of useable storage in the kitchen.
cjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:57 AM   #44
This thread is back from the dead... Might as well add my $0.02 for free... I don't have a outdoor kitchen on my TT, we looked long and hard at models that did. What turned us off was the price on some models, additional weight, but the biggest was the fact you lost a bed or two. They were cool though, just not for us...
2005 Ford Excursion V10 4x4 4.30's
2011 Salem 26TBUD
brianb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:15 PM   #45
Love our outside kitchen. It saves a ton of clean up time and everything is there when you need it. No running in and out for the "little things" and has all but eliminated the need for an extra cooler and extra outside table (and makes packing up to leave easier). We do not use the BBQ that came with the camper, we prefer our Roadtrip grill, bigger and easier to clean up. We do use the burners, works great for the "can cooker". I do most of the cooking outside usually open fire it is nice to just turn around and grab or wash something when you need it instead of having to run in the camper. As far as room, we still have 2 bunks and a full size fold down in the bunkhouse so its enough for us.

Outdoor Kitchen!
Amy & Tom Layne
Prime Time Crew Member #31
2012 Lacrosse 318BHS
Luvtocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 01:28 PM   #46
I voted like the idea. On our first trip with the new trailer we still cooked more outside then we did inside. Having an oven was great but most of the stove top cooking we still did on camp stoves so I could see where an outside kitchen would be nice.
wvcampincpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:13 PM   #47
Love the idea and have one!
I'd say the only thing left inside the camper is the items stored inside the fridge/freezer. The outside fridge is mainly to keep all sorta drinks cold.
The table cloths, plates, silverware paper towels, etc all fit in the cabinets.
The convenience is awesome!

You do have more weight on these campers, but that is also because most tend to be on bunk houses where the bunk house slides out the other side.
I had a TBUD (3 bunks), but now have 4 beds in the bunk house when using the trundle or air mattress.

We leave the outdoor fridge plugged in over the week and it keeps drinks ready and cold when we arrive.
As with an outside shower, it is another thing to winterize, but that's the fact of RV life.
2015 Ford Expedition EL
2012 Salem Hemisphere 312QBUD
buckeyefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 03:53 PM   #48
Our Rockwood 8293RKSS isn't a bunk house model; our bathroom goes across the back and is HUGE! We don't need any extra beds so this was a PERFECT choice for us. We had quite the elaborate setup through 20 years of tent camping (easy up with refrigerator, cast iron stove, wood camping "cabinets," oven, 3 tables, etc.) and I naively thought we'd keep cooking with our cast iron camp stove as well. Well.....I've since realized that we don't NEED to! With the inside stove, the outside stove, the grill, and the campfire, we have all the bases covered. I hate to part with the stove, because it's a fantastic camp stove with something like 70,000 btu's and can boil a HUGE pot of water in like 2 minutes (seriously!). But it weighs a ton and DH would most likely refuse to take it along anyway!! So now it sits in the garage collecting dust.

The outside kitchen was the #1 thing on our "must have" list. Believe me, if you have one, you'll never buy another TT without it. Our friends bought a Laredo last year and their model has one without the micro or TV. After seeing theirs, we KNEW we had to I love being able to store all of our bar stuff out there along with paper towels, paper plates, plastic utensils, condiments, etc. Sure beats having to keep running inside all the time. And using the stove outside for breakfast keeps the inside nice and clean!
2012 Rockwood 8293RKSS
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins Turbodiesel 4x4; 2012 Ford Escape 4x4. 3 very pampered cats.
Days camped: 2011: 61; 2012: 66 Days; 2013: 69;2014: 68 2015: 90 Days camped 2016: 34
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:52 PM   #49
I DO like the idea of having one...wanted to get one but also needed 4 bunks so it was a trade off. We also got a smokin deal on our Rockwood which has everything we want EXCEPT the outside kitchen and u-shaped dinette....which would have cost us $10,000 if we went that route!

We have a really good Webber portable BBQ, gas skillet, and a cooler that has drinks for me the Mrs and all the we keep the inside cooking to a minimum. I BBQ virtually everything anyhow!

Still...... would really like to be able to just walk over to that fridge sitting outside and grab a beer tho!!
T.V.- 89 F250 XLT Lariat Supercab with a 460
2009 Rockwood 8317SS AKA "ROCKY"
Family of 7,5 Teenagers, a Welsh Terrier and a Airedale Terrier!

BC Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:00 AM   #50
I love it!!!! I like cocktails and it works great for an outside wet bar! Shasta Revere 30CKBH has a very large outdoor kitchen with lots of cabinet and drawer space. 2 burner cook top stove and LP grill...

Rich, Steph, Ava, & Micah
2010 Sierra 1500 SLE Z60
2011 Shasta Revere 30 CKBH
RichieD is online now   Reply With Quote