View Poll Results: Outside kitchen- like it or hate it?
Do you like the idea of an outside kitchen? 211 57.49%
Don't want an outside kitchen 82 22.34%
Don't care either way 74 20.16%
Voters: 367. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-26-2011, 10:15 PM   #81

Tracer 3150bhd with outdoor kitchen, this was major selling point on tt. We have 2 bunks and couch that makes into bed so room is plenty. We have refrigerator , hot n cold sink, gas stove , bunch of cabinet n drawer space & swing around BBQ . Tt has a tv mount in middle under awning below outdoor speakers so works out great for us

Old 10-27-2011, 01:09 AM   #82

Kathy and I have a new sv 240 with a outside kitchen when we started looking it never came into our wants untill we saw one and now it is one of the most important items on our tt. She calls it the man kitchen and like in our home everyone is around the food, this way we all can enjoy each others company. It also great for outdoor parties at our home.

Old 10-30-2011, 08:54 AM   #83

too much weight for nothing to carry and danger of water infiltration through this monster opening panel.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:43 AM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by capucine View Post
too much weight for nothing to carry and danger of water infiltration through this monster opening panel.
I suppose there is always the chance of water getting in through any opening in the exterior,but there is a very good rubber strip on our outside kitchen so it is no more a worry to us than the frame of a window would be if you keep the caulking in good shape,and as far as the extra weight the kitchen takes the place of a bunk in ours so I can't see it adding more than a couple hundred pounds.For us the benefits far outweigh any negatives by not having to go in and out of the trailer for drinks and snacks and by able to do almost all of the cooking outside,so all the smells,steam,grease,etc.also stays outside.I suppose it is one of those things that you either love or hate and our whole family loves it.
1968 Pontiac Le Mans
Malco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:41 PM   #85

As I am use to a PU, having an outside kitchen would be the ultimate for camping for us. Even with my HTT I will still do the majority of my cooking outside.
2 kids, 1 Grandson, 3 fur babies
Lifetimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 03:15 PM   #86
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by capucine View Post
Too much weight?
There's a fridge for cold beer.
A microwave for heating anything
A sink to wash supper plates

All without going into camper. I can't see any reason this would be a problem for anybody unless there jealous that they don't have one!

No water infiltration into mine. Its no different than any other cubbyhole hole in a camper.
puma dens had monster doors for storage and didn't leak.

As previous poster stated it takes place of a bunk and storage area no GREAT weight gain in my opinion.

Trust me if you had one you'd love it!
Mine even has a tv next to it that you can watch while cooking smelly a$% bacon.
Old 11-04-2011, 03:32 PM   #87
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenZ View Post
I like BBQ so outdoor kitchen is useless to me. I do everything on the grill. Meat, Corn, Potatoes, beans, etc. Kitchens are no place for a man
I cook my steaks on the fire to but I keep my steaks in the outside freezer!
My beans and corn are in the cabinet in my outside kitchen as well the potatoes.
no trips inside camper for me!
Old 11-04-2011, 05:01 PM   #88

Outside kitchen was final selling feature to my wife for our 2012 Surveyor SP295. It's been great....beer in the fridge...tv hook-up right next to it for the games if you wanna watch...and all the smelly foods get cooked outside where we are usually socializing with our other friends we camp with. As far as extra weight...I just don't see that there is much extra weight in it? Anyway, we wouldn't trade it now for anything.

Steve and Michele Bassett
2014 Surveyor Select SV305
2005 Ford F250 Lariat SuperCab 6.0 TurboDiesel
stevengb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:35 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenZ View Post
I like BBQ so outdoor kitchen is useless to me. I do everything on the grill. Meat, Corn, Potatoes, beans, etc. Kitchens are no place for a man
Even if you think an indoor kitchen is no place for a man an outdoor kitchen is just the place for a man.We hook a bbq to the quick connect for the cooktop,and the cooctop itself is just the place to boil corn,mussels,lobster,etc. It is also great to have your cold drinks within reach of your camp chair.I have had many other campers comment on how they would love to have one when they see it and not one that said it sucked.I think if you had one you would love it.I don't care what the inside of the trailer has(other than a bed and a bathroom)as long as I have my kitchen.My wife likes it to because with our old trailer that didn't have one,I never did any cooking,now I do it all,and guess what,I'm still a man.
1968 Pontiac Le Mans
Malco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:09 PM   #90

Yeah what. He said!!!! LOL

Steve and Michele Bassett
2014 Surveyor Select SV305
2005 Ford F250 Lariat SuperCab 6.0 TurboDiesel
stevengb is offline   Reply With Quote