Old 03-11-2011, 04:43 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Monica View Post
I think your reasoning is why most of us have left tent and pop-up camping behind.

Dave
Still laughing, love it.

* Happy Campers *
miatared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 05:13 PM   #12

Our reasoining for moving from a tent to a trailer was set up time. where we were spending 4 plus hours on set up and another 4 on tear down we can now back in roll out the carpet and pour a cocktail. If I wanted to spend all my time inside my camper I'd save the fuel and never leave my yard.
we purchased a model with the outside kitchen for the easy acess to beverages and cooking the veggies or an egg or two. most of our cooking is done over the fire as I feel it should be when you're camping.
As for the durability of the counter tops I feel that basically the interior counters see as much or more moisture (condensation) than the exterior one will. If the manufacturers use the same materials on both all should be good. If they didn't and problems would arise either warranty or a class action suit should resolve the issue.

Old 03-12-2011, 12:12 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese53073 View Post
most of our cooking is done over the fire as I feel it should be when you're camping.
You'll have it tough selling us that you're a 'camping purist' in your trailer with two, complete kitchens...microwave and all!

In MHO, it eventually comes down to space...does the 2nd outdoor kitchen justify the space it takes up. Given the choice, I'd pick the extra storage space over the second kitchen...can never have too much storage space. I'll still enjoy cooking outside on the BBQ, thank you.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 01:11 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Monica View Post
You'll have a tough selling us that you're a 'camping purist' in your trailer with two, complete kitchens...microwave and all!

In MHO, it eventually comes down to space...does the 2nd outdoor kitchen justify the space it takes up. Given the choice, I'd pick the extra storage space over the second kitchen...can never have too much storage space. I'll still enjoy cooking outside on the BBQ, thank you.

Dave
As i stated earlier in this thread, i need to like them since i have one coming. But really i could take it or leave, the real facts on why we have it is the other half (that would be my smarter half), and when she speaks up we listen. Her wisdom was with the second bath and it's own outside door, outside kitchen (for snacks, and snack storage) and an outside frig, the kids would never need to go into the camper except to sleep and hence not track the floor up with dirt she has to clean. Who was I to argue .
Old 03-12-2011, 01:33 PM   #15
JEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by camper_Lucy View Post
As i stated earlier in this thread, i need to like them since i have one coming. But really i could take it or leave, the real facts on why we have it is the other half (that would be my smarter half), and when she speaks up we listen. Her wisdom was with the second bath and it's own outside door, outside kitchen (for snacks, and snack storage) and an outside frig, the kids would never need to go into the camper except to sleep and hence not track the floor up with dirt she has to clean. Who was I to argue .
Sounds like a smart woman

2005 Ford F150 Lariat V8 5.4L
2011 Rockwood 2702SS
JEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 06:32 PM   #16

We have had an "outside kitchen" for years !! - long before they became the latest rage with RV's. Ours consists of a 5' folding aluminum table, a coleman 3-burner propane stove, a Weber baby-Q, coleman 5-day Xtreme cooler, and a 20lb propane tank with coleman multi-connect "tree". Setting it up after getting parked is my job, and I love it !! Don't need or want one of the new fangled ones. LOL

...VTX-AL
Old 03-12-2011, 06:33 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by camper_Lucy View Post

Good point, there are two things in life one has to concider when you are married,....."You Can Be Right, or You Can Be Happy".....Which one would you concider?
Old 03-12-2011, 07:00 PM   #18

I guess this is why they make more than one floor plan in RV's... I hate having the smell of popcorn linger in the trailer so the our outdoor kitchen is a must have. Plus when we have folks over to our trailer, we can all sit around and have quick access to a fridge, pot of chili, and a place to wash your hands, and the trailer stays clean.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:50 PM   #19

I'm not a "fan" of the outside kitchen as much as I am a fan of the outside-accessible fridge. We carry a small "Dorm" fridge with us each camping trip for the "Adult Beverages". It lives under a table that has to be set up outside the camper each trip, and we "hide" it behind a curtain. An access door in the side of the TT with the fridge behind it is my idea of "Perfect". No Muss, No Fuss.
As for cooking, we do most on the RVQ or the campfire, and my DW is a master in the kitchen.

John

Nights Camped: '06=122 '07=12 '08=18 '09=10 '10=18 '11=28 '12=16
kalik282 is offline   Reply With Quote