Old 04-11-2014, 04:29 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
The assumption is only by you as I am sure they didn't steal it or by any other nefarious manner. How else would they earn it other than the best way they could?

I think you just want to be controversial. I'm out of here!
OC, you don't have to like it, but it is an assumption unless you know the OP. And best for who??? Lot's of people make money in legal manners that are VERY detrimental to their family. Just a few posts above you'll see 2 or 3 people testify that they made career changes because they were having to sacrifice time with family and could no longer justify it. I applaud those of you doing this, by the way!!!

Old 04-11-2014, 04:33 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKnight View Post
Good for you! It's been rough and I wouldn't have done it while they were little. I worked the schedule and went to nearly every game and all other school events. But missed a lot otherwise and it's caused lots of problems at home. That salary is nice, but it's an expensive thing to have.

I'm getting tired of playing the game and am considering working my options.
I would encourage you to do so. There are LOTS of things we consider necessities that aren't. Good luck with whatever you decide. Just ask yourself this: When you're on your deathbed, do you see yourself wishing for one more day at the office so you could make just a little more money, or wishing for one more day to spend with your family? I'm not advocating being fiscally irresponsible, but I think we all need to make sure we have our priorities straight.

Old 04-11-2014, 04:58 PM   #93
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustman_stx View Post
OC, you don't have to like it, but it is an assumption unless you know the OP. And best for who??? Lot's of people make money in legal manners that are VERY detrimental to their family. Just a few posts above you'll see 2 or 3 people testify that they made career changes because they were having to sacrifice time with family and could no longer justify it. I applaud those of you doing this, by the way!!!
Against my better judgment, I will reply. These folks ARE RETIRED and they earned their money the best they way they saw fit, therefore they can spend their time and money anyway they want as long as they both agree and it's nobody's business! Yours, mine or their kids. They can't change what they did or didn't do.

What folks are doing now is a whole different ballgame.

"consummate est"
Old 04-11-2014, 05:01 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustman_stx View Post
I would encourage you to do so. There are LOTS of things we consider necessities that aren't. Good luck with whatever you decide. Just ask yourself this: When you're on your deathbed, do you see yourself wishing for one more day at the office so you could make just a little more money, or wishing for one more day to spend with your family? I'm not advocating being fiscally irresponsible, but I think we all need to make sure we have our priorities straight.
That's why I'm weighing my options. It crept up on me, a few more days on the road at a time, until this year where changes within the company suddenly nearly doubled my work load.

And I just got thumped for not following the plan meaning I get to spend more time out. Warm fuzzies, I don't have them.

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 05:04 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewhappy View Post
We have wanted to do this for twenty years and have been looking seriously for 2 years. Wait till they hear we are thinking about selling our home and full timing it.
Heaven help you if you have even the slightest remark about their lives.
I've been camping in a tent, popup, and TT for many years and it was always great fun especially with the kids.

Have you ever camped or driven an RV or TV/TT before though?

Sometimes towing is not for everyone if you have never been a camper. In any case, hope this works out for you and you enjoy it.

2009 Suburban LT 1500 - 4x4 - 3.42
2009 Flagstaff 23FBS Super Lite
Nights Camped in 2015 - 21
Nights Camped in 2014 - 29
Nights Camped in 2013 - 31
beerjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 05:48 PM   #96
Somewhat right of center

Quote:
Against my better judgment, I will reply. These folks ARE RETIRED and they earned their money the best they way they saw fit, therefore they can spend their time and money anyway they want as long as they both agree and it's nobody's business! Yours, mine or their kids. They can't change what they did or didn't do.

What folks are doing now is a whole different ballgame.

"consummate est"
X100 Bingo! We have a winner.

Is it just me or did this thread get off the wrong exit?
Old 04-11-2014, 06:02 PM   #97
Somewhat right of center

Quote:
The assumption is only by you as I am sure they didn't steal it or by any other nefarious manner. How else would they earn it other than the best way they could?
I think they sold their kids to the aliens in the metallic saucer for slave labor. I'd be pissed to if mommy and daddy decided to enjoy their retirement at the cost of my inheritance that I earned while I was away...being probed...........

Damn you and your new RV!!!!
Attached Images

Old 04-11-2014, 06:14 PM   #98
Mod free 5er

All I can say is "I blame my dad for being gone on the RR 75% of the time trying to put food on the table, keeping a roof over my head and clothes on my back and not spending 8 hrs a day quality time during and right after WWII." He sure fits today's version of a selfish, self centered jerk that didn't care for his wife or kids. We even had to be quiet when he was home sleeping getting ready to back out on the road. I feel so sorry for me!

Sorry for the rant.
Old 04-11-2014, 06:18 PM   #99
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabbyguy View Post
..Is it just me or did this thread get off the wrong exit?
Got hijacked by a self proclaimed psychoanalyst I do believe.

I is outa here! Carry on Crabby!
Old 04-11-2014, 06:18 PM   #100
NELA

OK, you two,,,keep it up and I'ma need a new keyboard.....wait....it's a laptop....you two may need to pool your beer money to replace this puppy!

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote