Old 04-09-2014, 08:36 AM   #21
Congratulations on your new Toy!

We are spending it because we cant take it with us. And when we can "afford" to buy these kind of things we will probably be too old to make it up the first step.

We just went for broke and bought a 2014 3010 DS.

parpar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:38 AM   #22
BamaGanza FROG Promoter
Originally Posted by parpar1 View Post
Congratulations on your new Toy!

We are spending it because we cant take it with us. And when we can "afford" to buy these kind of things we will probably be too old to make it up the first step.

We just went for broke and bought a 2014 3010 DS.

Congratulations on your new rig ParPar!!

Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:42 AM   #23
Mod free 5er
Originally Posted by Sewhappy View Post
Well, here we are waiting to take delivery on a new CC36 ckts, two of our adult children are happy for us and one is a downer.
They called last night and were questioning if we had thought this through. That this was a huge chunk of our retirement money. What if we get ill?

What do they care? I guess we should just get a pair of recliners and sit in front of the tv.
The funny thing was though that we are a little apprehensive ourselves now that we are ready to pay for it. But not enough to not do it!
We have wanted to do this for twenty years and have been looking seriously for 2 years. Wait till they hear we are thinking about selling our home and full timing it.
Heaven help you if you have even the slightest remark about their lives.
Altho you don't want unhappy children, the one that is raising objections is not thinking about you and your wife, but themselves. Did they contribute to your retirement? If not, bottom line, it's none of their business. If they contributed, I would give them their contribution back and tell them to enjoy their money and we'll enjoy ours. We joke with our 2 boys (51 & 45) that we're pissing away their inheritance and enjoying every minute and dime.
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:46 AM   #24
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Go for it !
Have fun and live life to the fullest!
Cant live on what ifs.
Sounds like someone's worried about there inheritance? Sorry...

Sabre owners united!
I fully agree. Invite the downers over to help you load it up for your first trip and wave goodbye to them as you pull.
B47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:49 AM   #25
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
What if you get ill? ppppfffffftttttt

<biting tongue

It is YOUR life, it is YOUR money to spend as YOU choose.

IMO, the downer should worry about his/her own "what ifs".

LOL, buy it and put that bumper sticker on it that states:

Spending Our Kids Inheritance!
I so agree with this!!
2016 Rockwood Windjammer 3008W Diamond Package
2016 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 5.7L SR5 4x4
larrys2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:04 AM   #26
itch'n to road trip
Life is short! Go for it! I am jealous and wish we could just pick up and go in our "new" toy hauler.... got it August 2013 and have only spent 5 night max in it! WORK SUCKS!! Cant wait to join y'all outon the road. BE SAFE!!

2012 Ford F-250 King Ranch Super Crew Cab 4x4 "Mae West"
2014 Work & Play 25ULA "Ula"
Paula Drake, Ken Cooksey, Sunny Delight & Valor
Jasper Ga. -
Nights camped Not Enough 2014: 8 2015: 2
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:27 AM   #27
Say what I say your my kids I'm not yours I tell you how to live your lives you don't tell me. Do what makes you happy worry about the what if's after they happen, my aunt and uncle never went anywhere or did anything but sit on the porch and watch the world go by. I personally don't want to watch I want to be going by, so many things to see and do that you can't do from the passenger seat of a plane, although that is a one time trip I want, fly cross country and see the country from a plane. Enjoy your retirement live it up you've worked hard you deserve to enjoy. Wow now I sound like what my mom told me 20 yrs ago never thought it would come to this.
mark0224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:33 AM   #28
My dad always said "whomever has the most toys when they die wins!" I live by that still today (within reason of course) kids can earn their way just like I did, and if anything is left when I go they can have it (doubt it will be much). Like everyone else here said ENJOY!
2009 Charleston FR
Fort Worth, TX
Jeep Wrangler Toad
gmcnitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:33 AM   #29
Don't let them borrow it.
Hudlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:44 AM   #30
You are so right about the best options to pay for our 5th wheel. We decided we would make payments rather then buy it outright because it made more sense.
The house is also something to think about. Do we want to continue to have this residence when we will be away? But still paying taxes, lawn care, insurance, etc?
Or do we sell the house and put our stuff in storage for a few years while we travel? A lot to think about. But right now, I just want to think about the 5th wheel and enjoy this moment. Hubby doesn't retire until the end of the year and having the 5th wheel now, we can take short trips and be ready next year.

Sewhappy is offline   Reply With Quote