Old 04-28-2016, 11:54 AM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
Does this mean we can't have a Convoy?
Kicker Back Good Buddy! Youroo!!

Old 04-28-2016, 12:10 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfromma View Post
If you are just passing though, the firearm is in a locked case separate from the ammo out of reach from anyone in the passenger compartment AND you are legally allowed to possess it at your destination then yes, it's not illegal.

As long as you don't get stopped in Mass. CT. Or NY. Yes there are federal transport laws that allow but that does not mean that some local police will not still ruin your vacation and hold you up until issue gets handled. I'm all for gun rights I own guns for hunting. It's all boils down to comfort level.

5.7L Hemi, 3:73 Rear
Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 12:14 PM   #93
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
Site Team Note:

Okaaaaaay guys, we may need to lay off some of the off-topic and historically emotional laden topics here so we can keep this thread open. These discussions almost always turn ugly, hence we have to shut them down as well as delete a lot of posts.

As per our guidelines:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ork&page=rules

General discussions of politics, general government policies, weaponry, gun rights and religion are not allowed in ANY areas of the forum. Discussions about current or pending legislation or regulations, weapons and religion that directly pertain to RVing are acceptable but will be closed or removed if they wander off topic or become disruptive.

Thank you! Some of these posts- sheesh!
Old 04-28-2016, 12:14 PM   #94

I have stayed in truck stops. Never feel unsafe. We are all there for same reason to rest up to drive more. I have no slides, keep hooked up, and stabilizers up. Usually arrive by 11pm and leave by 6am.

I carry Insurance for any possible damage. Lock doors and my kitchen has a few knives in it. 👍
5.7L Hemi, 3:73 Rear
Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 12:33 PM   #95

Overnighting on the way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfromma View Post
I'm sure the police in a state that does not recognize your permit would strongly disagree.

I don't travel to those states. I spend my money elsewhere.
Old 04-28-2016, 12:41 PM   #96

I got enough of guns in Vietnam. If it gets bad enough for me to have to carry a gun then I might as well stay home. But it's a free country, do what makes you happy

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 12:41 PM   #97
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

My experience has been that I usually stop to get fuel around 1:00am or so and at that point I decide if I'm going to keep going or stop for a couple hours. It's not worth a campground fee for a few hours in the middle of the night. I commonly put in 12-14hrs of driving before I call it quits.
Old 04-28-2016, 12:50 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
Site Team Note:

Okaaaaaay guys, we may need to lay off some of the off-topic and historically emotional laden topics here so we can keep this thread open. These discussions almost always turn ugly, hence we have to shut them down as well as delete a lot of posts.

As per our guidelines:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ork&page=rules

General discussions of politics, general government policies, weaponry, gun rights and religion are not allowed in ANY areas of the forum. Discussions about current or pending legislation or regulations, weapons and religion that directly pertain to RVing are acceptable but will be closed or removed if they wander off topic or become disruptive.
Thank you for posting this. Apparently some folks can't read or they just ignore a heads up.
Old 04-28-2016, 12:52 PM   #99
(Dry Huunday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
My experience has been that I usually stop to get fuel around 1:00am or so and at that point I decide if I'm going to keep going or stop for a couple hours. It's not worth a campground fee for a few hours in the middle of the night. I commonly put in 12-14hrs of driving before I call it quits.
Makes a lot of sense!!

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 01:12 PM   #100
Who Dares, Wins

I've never encounter any of 'dem bears.. I did get accosted by a roving band of miscreant squirrels once... Luckily they were fat from pine nuts so we could outrun them!

We are planning our trip to the UP in MI later this season. Already picking the areas we figure we will get to for the over nights at the truck stops.

Last year for our Disney trip we tried Epenndy's 45mph theorem of travel distance (coining that!). We used it and arrived with in 5 MINUTES of our planned arrival! 1000 miles we traveled. I'll keep on using them truck stops until I cannot anymore, and I'll be ok with being called cheap!

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon-EOW 11/22/2017
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is online now   Reply With Quote