Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2007, 05:46 PM   #1

Palomino and Forest river

Hello its been awhile but I have been pretty upset with Forest River and Palomino because of the things happening with our unit.
Not only had our unit been fixed twice for things like leaking toilets..delamination..large lines showing in the skins from top to bottom on all sides of unit..etc..but now we have a unit that came back from the factory with more problems than it went in with.
We sent our unit back to Mich in hopes of getting it corrected..and instead got it back in worse shape than when it left. They lost the license plates and keys to the unit just to start things off with. And sent it back to us with no plates or keys.
They changed the skins on the unit..great on the outside..but now we have cracks showing where the sidewalls and the front cap meet..and we arent talking small one's either. Then where the ceiling was bubbling in the slide and..well they did such a good job fixing that that now all you see is staples every couple inches where they ahem..fixed it. Tried to turn on the shower after all they did replace the shower and got soaked by water but not from the hose..it came out of where the hose no longer connected correctly into the fitting and water came out the top and bottom instead of the hose.
Do ya get the picture now of how upset we are with Forerst River and Palomino??? Wouldnt you know it..took the unit back to the dealers yesterday and told them we wanted OUT of this lemon and they agreed they would help us do that..but wouldnt you know it...they want to have our payments go UP instead of staying where they are now...so in other words...charge us for another unit when ours is only a year old and has had many repairs and needs more now.
Sorry for the rant but i'm more than a little upset right now and thing we should at least get what we pay for.
Tundra & Fawny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 06:21 AM   #2

Sorry to hear of your problems. I would certanly check into the lemon laws in your state. I didn't know Palomino was made by FR. I learn everyday. Maybe there are some other owners out here who can give info.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:19 AM   #3

Sorry to hear when these things happen.
However it sounds like losing keys and plates
is a dealer problem not Forest River issue.
Same with the staples and shoddy work.
I take it this work was done at dealer, not
Forest River's manufacturing location.

Buy the way, where in Michigan are you located?
Your dealer is hopefully not G e _ _ _ _ l RV?

Nina
Hitched up to a White 1999 F-150 Ext. Cab
Number of days camped in 2014-2
(4 more days reserved)
NINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 09:14 AM   #4

NINA
The shoddy work was done at the plant in Michigan, not here in Ontario Canada where we live. The unit was sent to Michigan by our dealer up here to have the repairs done and it came back staples and all..and they werent there when it left here. Presently we are talking with the dealer to see about getting us out of this lemon. We would take another Palomino Unit but dont want to increase our payments or the lenght of our loan to do so. They ..dealership..is presently saying our payments would increase $33 a month over what we are paying on this 2006 unit and thats unacceptable to us.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:26 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra & Fawny View Post
They ..dealership..is presently saying our payments would increase $33 a month over what we are paying on this 2006 unit and thats unacceptable to us.
Can't say I blame you. Sounds like you got a lemon............ Dealer and manufacturer need to make it right.
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 09:18 PM   #6

Send a message via MSN to welshman599
Man that sounds like a nightmare.... but I must say the chance to jump two years to a 2008 and escape all the problems that you now have with yours - and lets face it, the cracks in particular are big-time problems to solve - might be worth considering, even for a few more bucks. Although whittling that down would be my goal.

Something you might want to investigate, or let your dealer know your considering, is:

Lemon-Aid author backs Ontario's proposed Lemon Law

Toronto, Ontario - "Governments have to take the "gotcha!" out of new car buying and Ontario's proposed Motor Vehicle Manufacturer's Act, 2002 does just that" says, Lemon-Aid author and consumer advocate, Phil Edmonston.

The Bill presented on October 22, by Mississauga Tory MPP Rob Sampson allows buyers to take back a vehicle that hasn't been successfully repaired under the manufacturer's warranty after three attempts to correct the same problem or would cost more than $1,000 to repair. This Bill, if approved by the Legislature, would be Canada's first so called 'Lemon Law'. It would provide remedies to a consumer who enters into an agreement to purchase a new motor vehicle if a substantial deficiency arises in the motor vehicle that is covered by a manufacturer's warranty and the manufacturer has been unable to remedy the deficiency.

"Unlike many other jurisdictions, Canada has no 'Lemon Law'," said Rob Sampson, MPP. "We need laws in this province that can offer recourse to consumers who buy new vehicles that have defects that can't be fixed," continued Sampson.

Under Sampson's Bill, the consumer has the option to require the manufacturer to repurchase the motor vehicle or, at no cost to the consumer, to provide the consumer with a replacement for the motor vehicle and to transfer to the consumer class title to the replacement.

"Sampson's Bill is a common-sense and efficient means for Ontario consumers to get their money back or another vehicle when faced with an unsafe, or unreliable car or truck-a problem that cuts across political party lines," says Edmonston, a former NDP Quebec Member of Parliament and Consumer Protection Critic.

I don't know if that bill passes or if it covers RVs, but knowing a little more about it would be a good idea and a possible bargaining tool.

Keep us all informed, would you?

83 sweet sweet days camped in 2008 - not easy in my neck of the woods!
welshman599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 09:29 AM   #7

UPDATE!! Thank you Forest River Palomino for making sure we were treated fairly and quickly with our problem unit.
We are getting delivered to us our new unit on Tuesday thanks to the help and understanding of our dealer and palomino. Yes its a year newer unit..a 2007 with upgrades and yes we will be paying a little higher payment but thats ok with us as they are also throwing in an extra years warranty on the new unit. They have stepped up and taken care of us to everyone's satisfaction and we are once again the proud owners of a Forest River Palomino Fiver.!!

THANK YOU FOREST RIVER PALOMINO AND OUR DEALER IN ONTARIO
Old 06-03-2007, 10:29 AM   #8

I'm glad everything worked out well and to your satisfaction. Now get out and enjoy that new trailer.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 04:24 PM   #9

GREAT NEWS!!! Congratulations....

Old 06-03-2007, 04:46 PM   #10

Quote:
UPDATE!!

THANK YOU FOREST RIVER PALOMINO AND OUR DEALER IN ONTARIO
Well, give the dealer some praise.........who is the dealer in Ontario? Would love to know for future purchases.

I like to deal with a dealer that will step up for what's right.

MrSen

Night's camped in 2010 36
MrSen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 06:47 PM   #11

The Dealer's name and location is
Campout RV in Stratford Ontario
With out them stepping in and helping with the problems i'm not sure we would even want another Forest River Product but because they did everything they could and in the end helped us we would HIGHLY recommend this dealership and product
Old 06-04-2007, 07:02 PM   #12

Outstanding!!

Congrats!
Old 06-07-2007, 06:24 PM   #13

Talking

I was going to offer that even if you file under lemon law, most states rv's are not covered. what you must do is take the signed work order and consider it a contract and sue under breach of contract.
leffty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 09:18 PM   #14

I was wondering if RVs are covered too, but sometimes the threat is sufficient. In any case it is encouraging to see a customer treated well, as Tundra & Fawny were.

But the real question is: where did the Tundra and Fawny nicknames come from?

Old 06-08-2007, 06:39 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshman599 View Post
But the real question is: where did the Tundra and Fawny nicknames come from?

This too has been a question of mine.........

Old 06-17-2007, 05:01 PM   #16

Tundra was hubby's nickname when playing football..he's a little guy..6'1" 275lbs and as far as Fawny's nickname..well its been that sense she started using the internet back in the 90's and it stuck.
Old 06-17-2007, 07:56 PM   #17

Quote:
he's a little guy..6'1" 275lbs

Little???????

Oh man, I must be an Umpa Lumpa then!!! and a