Old 09-20-2016, 07:03 AM   #1
Pantry Getting Hot

We have a 2015 312Qbud. We have taken it out on 3 extended trips this summer 2 times to the Texas coast and one long cross country trip and each time we notice the pantry between the Fridge and the bathroom getting hot, it is so hot it has melted candy, we took it back to the dealer this summer and they never had time to look at it and could only do the warranty work. We do not remember this happening when we took it camping this spring, but then that was a long time ago and we where just getting to know the trailer.

When the trailer is plugged in at the house and the fridge is on Elec and the convert below the panty is on the cabinets do not seem to hot, but then the whole trailer is hot so could not tell, do not have 30 amps to plug it into for the AC. But when we take it out and have the AC on the cabinets seem to over heat, unless we have the door and drawers open and it is still warm in the back. I have confirmed that the fridge is not on gas while plugged in, by turning the gas off. This happens even with the awning out. covering that side.

Have others experienced this before. Giving serious thought to cutting a hole in the cabinet and putting a fan in to blow air into the cabinet to help cool it.

Mark and Becky

mbdearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 07:27 AM   #2
You may want to confirm that the converter fan is coming on and exchanging air. It may be that the fan is not coming on and heating the top of the compartment/bottom of the pantry. JMHO

Retired Navy
Jake my sidekick (yellow Lab)
2006 F350 6.0
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 07:31 AM   #3
Site Team
Also confirm that the upper fridge vent is not blocked. You could be feeling the heat from the fridge that is not venting properly.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 65W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 07:42 AM   #4
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
Also confirm that the upper fridge vent is not blocked. You could be feeling the heat from the fridge that is not venting properly.
That was my first thought, 3 weeks after purchasing the trailer we had a hail storm and it shredded the Skylight over the tub, fridge vent and fan cover. replaced all three. I used a universal fridge vent cover. Before the labor day trip I took the fridge vent cover off and could see day light all the way down to the lower vent and the universal cover seems to allow good air flow and I see it on other trailers in our trailer lot, lots more after the storm.

I think I read somewhere about install an auxiliary fan to help move the air in the back of the fridge, but can not seem to find that article again.

I listened to the convert and can hear either a hum or the fan, where does it exhaust the air to?
mbdearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 08:34 AM   #5
Had the same problem-cabinet next to fridge gets hot and melts the s'mores chocolate and marshmallows. Installed two fans at top of fridge vent to pull air out and one at the bottom to push some in. Help with cooling the fridge more and cooled down the cabinet in the same stroke.

2014 Evo 2850 "Woodstock"
2011 Toyota Tundra "Clifford"
2014 Stealth Evo 2850- "Woodstock"
2011 Toyota Tundra Rock Crawler TRD 5.7- "Clifford"
2013 Honda Accord Coupe V6 w/Track Pack- "Julia"

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote