Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2013, 08:14 PM   #1
2014 Traveler

PDInspection, what to look for?

Hello all, I just made the journey to pick up my '13 FR Cherokee Destination and was just wanting some advice on what to look for. I really only have one chance at this since my dealer is a 1000mi away from me.

Jake
RetAFRVnW8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:39 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Hey Jake! Congrats and

Here is a PDI checklist that you can use. It should help with the process... Forest River Forums - Downloads - PDI Checklist

Post pics when you have a chance!

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:47 PM   #3
Trailer Trash

This will help ya. Apply items as they fit your new RV. See file attached for PDI Checklist.

You should tell your dealer you have an extensive list to go through. Often the dealer will try and rush you through the PDI, get your money and close the deal, then send you on your merry way.

If you have problems after that, you must get in the warranty repair line which can take weeks and months to get things fixed. With that in mind, after your PDI, camp very close to dealer and try everything out in real world use at a campground. IF things go south, at least you are close to the dealer for the return trip for repairs.

If things are really bad during the PDI, don't give them your money or close the sale. This will put you on the top of the repairs list so they can make you happy and get your money. This is a rare instance however. Usually you will find a few items at PDI time and the dealer will fix those things pronto for you.

Just don't get heartbroken as things will go wrong. Do your dress rehearsal camping trips, get things fixed. Then AFTER that, then go on your dream vacations.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PDI Checklist.pdf (70.9 KB, 29 views)
joelek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:53 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelek View Post
This will help ya. Apply items as they fit your new RV. See file attached for PDI Checklist.

You should tell your dealer you have an extensive list to go through. Often the dealer will try and rush you through the PDI, get your money and close the deal, then send you on your merry way.

If you have problems after that, you must get in the warranty repair line which can take weeks and months to get things fixed. With that in mind, after your PDI, camp very close to dealer and try everything out in real world use at a campground. IF things go south, at least you are close to the dealer for the return trip for repairs.

If things are really bad during the PDI, don't give them your money or close the sale. This will put you on the top of the repairs list so they can make you happy and get your money. This is a rare instance however. Usually you will find a few items at PDI time and the dealer will fix those things pronto for you.

Just don't get heartbroken as things will go wrong. Do your dress rehearsal camping trips, get things fixed. Then AFTER that, then go on your dream vacations.
X2

The list triguy posted is a good one as well

If you are new to RVing make sure you understand the systems, video record instructions on any systems your not familiar with, it will help later when you go to set up and have questions.

https://rvpdi.com
Acableguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:57 PM   #5
2014 Traveler

Just a couple pics

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20131002_225459.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	40578

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20131002_225040.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	40577
RetAFRVnW8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:59 AM   #6
Incheon, S. Korea

One thing that could be added for those with popup trailers is to check the fit of the roof to the box. The weatherstripping didn't even touch the front or rear of the box of my trailer!
BigBaron is offline   Reply With Quote