Old 09-12-2012, 08:03 AM   #11
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

My opinion ?
Bad but that's just me . I didn't buy a camper for it to sit in the same spot all year only to return to the same ole campsite .
I like to frequently find new places every year as well as revisit the tried and true.

My dw wanted to buy a cabin along the Mississippi and I said oh h#$@ NO.
dint want to be tied to one place and have to feel like we needed to be there .

Jmo !

Turbs

Old 09-12-2012, 10:18 AM   #12

When you have a trailer and a ski boat, it is hard to decide which to use in the summer. DW and I decided to use the camper as our lake home so it is now up on blocks supporting the frame at a seasonal site.

We've discussed whether or not to use it for our vacations and she decided it was to big for where she wanted to pull it. We are now looking at a second trailer to pull on those vacations..

So I would say go with the seasonal and keep the existing if you can afford it.

All told, I think having 2 trailers for us is still cheaper than owning a cabin or vacation how.... but to each his own :>).

Old 09-19-2012, 04:41 PM   #13

I'm glad I came across this thread. DH and I are looking to park our TT permanently at the beach. We really don't go anywhere else, and we love it there. We've been shopping campgrounds in Delaware, and we found one that's reasonably priced, the only problem is they have no sewer. They have a truck that comes around and pumps you out. Has anyone else ever had to do this, and if so, was it an issue? We plan on going down probably twice a month, but it may be longer between trips sometimes. Of course we plan on using tank additives, but for it to sit sometimes a week or 2 (in the summer) before it gets pumped, are there odor issues? I want to think about all the possibilities before we do this. Thanks so much.
Jen
Old 09-19-2012, 05:45 PM   #14

permanent campsites

we have been at the same site in Chincoteague,Va. for 8 years now and couldn't be happier. we have the ocean(Assateague Island)a short drive to the east. we bought a small boat to take advantage of being minutes away from the water. plus,being on a small island we are close to all the activities the island has to offer.
the site is a 3 hr drive from home,so its no hassle to make the drive if we make a quick decision to visit our "home down the ocean".
we are at the park in the lower rh corner of the pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	crossroads.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	19701  
Old 09-19-2012, 06:03 PM   #15

We have been on a seasonal site and love the fact we can have our boat there as well. The only issue I have is the clicky people; who in their own minds think they are self appointed mayors of the campground. If you can get past the petty BS you will love it.

John
2009 Silverado w/5000 lbs airbags and P3 controller.
2013 Rockwood 2702SS
US Army Veteran
Glockfanjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:23 PM   #16

Realebill: which park are you in? My sister and BIL have theirs on a permanent site in Maddox for about 10 years now.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:34 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istylit71 View Post
Realebill: which park are you in? My sister and BIL have theirs on a permanent site in Maddox for about 10 years now.
small park at Taylor and Deephole rd. Shady Pine Park. its a small park, about 28 lots,the seasonal fee is reasonable and its an over 50 camp.
Old 09-21-2012, 02:42 PM   #18

Have ours at a seasonal and try to get down every weekend but doesn't always work. Use the geo method and have no problems with smell. At least you have a truck-we have to tote ours but not too bad. We use the nice bathrooms when possible and always for showers.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:39 PM   #19

Seasonal here, love it. Sit their every Sunday and watch the weekenders hooking up and leaving by 11:00 am. That's my two cents...
Old 10-24-2012, 07:03 PM   #20

My wife and I decided to go seasonal 3 years ago and have no regrets.

Our situation is a little different though, I run my own business and it is VERY hard to get away for any length of time - it is nice to just jump in the truck and get there in 40 minutes and have everything set up. If the business needs me - I can get back quickly if needed.

I do bring my trailer home every other winter and have routine maintenance done. This year I am greasing the bearings on the tires, repairing the slide-out awnings etc.

We really like the campground we are at and get along with the staff and our neighbors just fine. It is a little expensive, but I figure with less gas, wear and tear on the truck and just to have the flat out convenience of having it there helps offset that.

I know people that say why bother buying a trailer, if it just sits there. Well I live next to the business and it's nice to get away, because even if I am home it drives me crazy watching the business - out of sight out of mind!