Old 05-18-2016, 08:01 PM   #51

As I said before, I am a campground host. The one I like the best is the couple that came in to get a site at 5pm and I find them at 9 pm still looking for the right site. I tell the gentleman driving that it is getting dark and it will be hard getting that 5th wheel backed in and he said...oh.. she wants the perfect one.

Old 05-18-2016, 09:57 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezyhillfarm View Post
It's funny reading all these. Makes me wonder why we camp at all. In fact it's because of the proliferation of lowlifes in the CGs now that we'll buy 30 or 40 acres in our favorite area and "camp" there.

We've camped for 45 years and it seems to get worse every year. We've camped in every state but #49 and #50, so we don't need to travel.

Antisocial? No. Just selectively social.
I hear what you are saying and can agree. I am willing to work with the folks that will listen without going ballistic while having a conversation.

I LOVE those that go to the rail about something that is reasonable just because it was presented to them. People are People and you can figure out who/what kind they are.

I promise you that those people will be the biggest complainers after a period of time. I do not remember my parents beating anything into me but what I grew up with was respect in every way. No If's and or But's, The worst thing in my house was to be called out for disrespect.

breezyhillfarm, Do not give up, there are a lot more good people out here than you know.

Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 05:08 AM   #53

My Pet Peeve is our PA state park campgrounds converting sites to full hook ups. Up until a few years ago some PA campgrounds had areas with electric only sites but over the last few years they have started to convert some to full hook ups. When they do that 2 or 3 sites get combined into one to allow room for the pull through or parallel half oval. Trees need removed and trimmed for shoulder and overhead clearances. It ruins the ambiance of the entire campground from what I've seen. The places were built to be campgrounds not RV Parks. If you need enough power to run 2 AC units and a clothes dryer, and need mini golf, swimming pools, golf carts, concrete patios at the sites etc, there are plenty of RV parks and full service private campgrounds around that cater to those needs. IMO they should be leaving the state park campgrounds more towards the primitive side of the table. It wouldn't hurt our feelings any if they removed the electric from the all the sites.

As far as the dog comments I do not even know where to go with those. I will not drag my dog down the road when she has to pinch one, choking by her collar and leash, because she needs to dump one 2 ft from the edge of the road, which I would pick up anyway. If someone was relatively close I would offer an apology. If you want to bite about it bring it on because I'm going to bite right back. As far as the comments about kids, I'll leave that alone.

There are plenty of campgrounds that do not allow pets or have areas that do not allow pets, at least around here. I would suggest if you have a problem with pooping dogs search those out. Here in PA until 2009 none of our state park campgrounds allowed pets and now the vast majority of the sites still are in non pet designated sections. It does not stop busy bodies from reserving pet friendly sites when they do not own a dog because they like that particular site, and then complaining that they are surrounded by dogs.
Old 05-19-2016, 05:56 AM   #54
Prime Member

I own dogs and quite often as I'm walking them, one will stop without notice and start dropping logs. There is no stopping them once they start. Once done, I pick it up immediately and continue on my way. I do not mind that a dog may crap on or near my site as they walk on by as long as the owner cleans it up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2016 Coachmen Freedom Express Liberty Edition 310BHDS
2013 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LTZ 6.6L V8 Duramax
Husky weight distribution hitch with sway control
timfromma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 07:04 AM   #55

We like to camp in the forest. Lots of trees, can not see the neighbours. There is a poop and scoop law followed by most. No pet peevs here! I clean up after my pet.

We are here next Tuesday. 50 amp electric, water across the road to fill tank up and showers a short walk away. Lake Huron is one road over with a great beach in one bay and limestone shoreline in the other bay.If I fill my tanks I dump them with the blue hauler.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IR_55_1.JPG
Views:	131
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	108293
Old 05-19-2016, 07:14 AM   #56

My pet peeve:

GAS GOLF CARTS! Construction generators on wheels.

Bruce
Old 05-19-2016, 07:55 AM   #57
Site Team

Oh yeah, people who circle the cg all day and/or late at night on their golf carts with music blaring!
Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 08:33 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
We like to camp in the forest. Lots of trees, can not see the neighbours. There is a poop and scoop law followed by most. No pet peevs here! I clean up after my pet.

We are here next Tuesday. 50 amp electric, water across the road to fill tank up and showers a short walk away. Lake Huron is one road over with a great beach in one bay and limestone shoreline in the other bay.If I fill my tanks I dump them with the blue hauler.

Attachment 108293

Thats a damn nice looking campsite. One of your Provincial Parks I assume.
Old 05-19-2016, 08:58 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
Thats a damn nice looking campsite. One of your Provincial Parks I assume.
Yes it is. We spend most of our time camping. We RV camp at rallies to visit with friends and have some fun. Camping in the parks is a getaway for us from work and life stresses. We have deer wandering the park and last year some bear cubs as well.

I have camped at this park since 1964. It is like home. Inverhuron Provincial Park.

Name:   b9348612b8b98c19d7dbd76fe5c017a5.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  15.8 KB

The evening tradition.. Sunsets across Lake Huron. Ontario's West Coast.
Click image for larger version

Name:	11910006_1633824560199453_1057288747_n.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	108302
Old 05-19-2016, 09:05 AM   #60
cogito ergo moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezyhillfarm View Post
It's funny reading all these. Makes me wonder why we camp at all. In fact it's because of the proliferation of lowlifes in the CGs now that we'll buy 30 or 40 acres in our favorite area and "camp" there.

We've camped for 45 years and it seems to get worse every year. We've camped in every state but #49 and #50, so we don't need to travel.

Antisocial? No. Just selectively social.
I wouldn't use the term 'lowlifes'. But what I see is at the "special little snowflake-Everyone gets a trophy" generation now has the money to buy campers. Their whole life has been a story of "do what you want, when you want" and I don't see them changing now, (except after an extremely painful lesson).

Tim

Rallies Attended:
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote