Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2016, 02:36 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
Lol....

I guess the proper etiquette then would be when my dog decides it's time, and the campsite she is in front of is occupied, I should drag her choking turd hung butt down the road to an unoccupied area?
I personally would hope so, yes.

I would think I'm in the majority, too. Maybe not.

I raised dogs for 25 years. I raised kids that long. I never let either be unruly or inconsiderate to others, especially in public.......restaurant, or anywhere. I can't see just simply smiling while your dog takes a dump in front of me while I'm chillin' at my campsite. Apparently there are those that think my attitude is awful for that.

I don't understand that. But ok.

And no, I'd never hit anyone physically. But I'd ask them to move along. I see NO difference in your dog doing that on my campsite than on my lawn at home.

Am I that much in the minority????

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 02:41 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
I personally would hope so, yes.

I would think I'm in the majority, too. Maybe not.

I raised dogs for 25 years. I raised kids that long. I never let either be unruly or inconsiderate to others, especially in public.......restaurant, or anywhere. I can't see just simply smiling while your dog takes a dump in front of me while I'm chillin' at my campsite. Apparently there are those that think my attitude is awful for that.

I don't understand that. But ok.

And no, I'd never hit anyone physically. But I'd ask them to move along. I see NO difference in your dog doing that on my campsite than on my lawn at home.

Am I that much in the minority????
I think the difference is the home vs the campground

My dogs know where to poop at home... they don't at a campground. They are just trying to do thier business.
Old 05-18-2016, 02:55 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountndream View Post
I think the difference is the home vs the campground

My dogs know where to poop at home... they don't at a campground. They are just trying to do thier business.
But I have lots of folks walk their dogs on a leash past my house......and that's where they stop to do their business.

LOOK, I'm not a dog hater. I love dogs. I raised and sold dogs of several breeds for many years. Bring your dog by and let me pet it and see it. I love 'em.

But when the 9th guy brings his dog by MY campsite and for the 9th time, the 9th dog (or 18th, most have 2) poops on my campsite, I can't even let my grandkids play around for stepping in it. IF you pick it up, then I'm not talking to you. But those who not only allow it, but apparently approve of it, just baffle me.

It's not friendly behavior and I admit it ticks me off. If I'm in the minority, so be it.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 02:57 PM   #44

S_it happens we always pick up after our dogs but can not always predict where they are going to go

In the campground we go to the most if you don't pick up the dogs stuff.... and you get caught perpare to pay $100 no warnings

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 03:28 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
But I have lots of folks walk their dogs on a leash past my house......and that's where they stop to do their business.

LOOK, I'm not a dog hater. I love dogs. I raised and sold dogs of several breeds for many years. Bring your dog by and let me pet it and see it. I love 'em.

But when the 9th guy brings his dog by MY campsite and for the 9th time, the 9th dog (or 18th, most have 2) poops on my campsite, I can't even let my grandkids play around for stepping in it. IF you pick it up, then I'm not talking to you. But those who not only allow it, but apparently approve of it, just baffle me.

It's not friendly behavior and I admit it ticks me off. If I'm in the minority, so be it.
Yeah. As long as they pick it up immediately, I'm okay. I hate it when people turn their dogs loose - completely loose while they set up camp.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 03:51 PM   #46

I take my dog to were the kids play in the sand to re leave it's self. not really but would like to sometimes. I have to agree letting a dog hunch up in front of someone is not real nice. Most places have an area to drag your mutt to away from people and yes I have a dog and the little blue bags.
Grambo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 04:29 PM   #47

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowracer View Post

4 times now (in maybe 7 years of camping) I have gotten to my campsite and found people there either in the process of setting up (twice) or even fully set up (once)
We took this pet peeve to another level a couple years ago. On our way to St.Paul and we stop at the Jellystone in Warrens WI. Check in, go to our site - there is somebody setup on it. No big deal - they are the only people in the entire row of 20 sites.

Go back to the office - now its a mad house. No place to turn the trailer around, so I park off to the side in front of about 500 rental golf carts. Go is, wait through the line, tell them the issue. of course, the woman won't give us one of the dozens of empty sites - we're staying 1 night on a Monday??? Its now 4:00. The only reason we stopped here is so after 2 long days of driving my son can go to the mini water park they have - which closes at 6:00. So now we wait for her to call some guy to run a mile out there in a golf cart and kick the people out. So we send the kid out to the camper in front of the office. Told him to change and DW will take him to water park while I wait for them to sort this out. Finally get this resolved and go to out to pull the trailer back up to the site - and I find a bright orange paper under the windshield wiper. A "courtesy notice" from park security that I was illegally parked!!??

Somebody takes our site, then I end up with a parking ticket from a Jellystone rent-a-cop... Luckily he wasn't around to site me for littering after I read his "courtesy notice."

Then I get to the perpendicular site and there are no aprons, and then some dog had the nerve to poop on the grass...

But it all ended well. They did allow late checkouts and we didn't have to be on the road early the next day, so DS hit the water rides the next morning when they opened. No lines so he had a ball, and he still thinks that parking ticket was hilarious...

2022 Columbus 379MBC (Previous 2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS)
2023 F-350 (Previous 2017 F250, 2005 F-150)
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 05:58 PM   #48

When I lived in the city people would let their dog go right in front of you, look directly at you, and keep walking.

Second time it was this same guy. I looked at him and said " I recommend you pick that up, cause I'm gonna throw it at your face, and I have great aim". He didn't believe me till I went to grab it. Luckily he picked it up before me, and he didn't have bags. I have dogs, I clean up after them, yes I have forgotten bags. But I come back and clean it up. If you clean up like you should we will never have a problem
clutchd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 06:10 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchd View Post
When I lived in the city people would let their dog go right in front of you, look directly at you, and keep walking.

Second time it was this same guy. I looked at him and said " I recommend you pick that up, cause I'm gonna throw it at your face, and I have great aim". He didn't believe me till I went to grab it. Luckily he picked it up before me, and he didn't have bags. I have dogs, I clean up after them, yes I have forgotten bags. But I come back and clean it up. If you clean up like you should we will never have a problem
Which brings me to another pet peeve:.......... the campground we go to supplies pet poop bags for those without on a post........ but you sit there and watch people take 30-40 bags each cause there free.......

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 06:39 PM   #50

It's funny reading all these. Makes me wonder why we camp at all. In fact it's because of the proliferation of lowlifes in the CGs now that we'll buy 30 or 40 acres in our favorite area and "camp" there.

We've camped for 45 years and it seems to get worse every year. We've camped in every state but #49 and #50, so we don't need to travel.

Antisocial? No. Just selectively social.
breezyhillfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 07:01 PM   #51

As I said before, I am a campground host. The one I like the best is the couple that came in to get a site at 5pm and I find them at 9 pm still looking for the right site. I tell the gentleman driving that it is getting dark and it will be hard getting that 5th wheel backed in and he said...oh.. she wants the perfect one.
Kodiak Disc Brakes
97flhtcui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 08:57 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezyhillfarm View Post
It's funny reading all these. Makes me wonder why we camp at all. In fact it's because of the proliferation of lowlifes in the CGs now that we'll buy 30 or 40 acres in our favorite area and "camp" there.

We've camped for 45 years and it seems to get worse every year. We've camped in every state but #49 and #50, so we don't need to travel.

I hear what you are saying and can agree. I am willing to work with the folks that will listen without going ballistic while having a conversation.

I LOVE those that go to the rail about something that is reasonable just because it was presented to them. People are People and you can figure out who/what kind they are.

I promise you that those people will be the biggest complainers after a period of time. I do not remember my parents beating anything into me but what I grew up with was respect in every way. No If's and or But's, The worst thing in my house was to be called out for disrespect.

breezyhillfarm, Do not give up, there are a lot more good people out here than you know.

Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 04:08 AM   #53

My Pet Peeve is our PA state park campgrounds converting sites to full hook ups. Up until a few years ago some PA campgrounds had areas with electric only sites but over the last few years they have started to convert some to full hook ups. When they do that 2 or 3 sites get combined into one to allow room for the pull through or parallel half oval. Trees need removed and trimmed for shoulder and overhead clearances. It ruins the ambiance of the entire campground from what I've seen. The places were built to be campgrounds not RV Parks. If you need enough power to run 2 AC units and a clothes dryer, and need mini golf, swimming pools, golf carts, concrete patios at the sites etc, there are plenty of RV parks and full service private campgrounds around that cater to those needs. IMO they should be leaving the state park campgrounds more towards the primitive side of the table. It wouldn't hurt our feelings any if they removed the electric from the all the sites.

As far as the dog comments I do not even know where to go with those. I will not drag my dog down the road when she has to pinch one, choking by her collar and leash, because she needs to dump one 2 ft from the edge of the road, which I would pick up anyway. If someone was relatively close I would offer an apology. If you want to bite about it bring it on because I'm going to bite right back. As far as the comments about kids, I'll leave that alone.

There are plenty of campgrounds that do not allow pets or have areas that do not allow pets, at least around here. I would suggest if you have a problem with pooping dogs search those out. Here in PA until 2009 none of our state park campgrounds allowed pets and now the vast majority of the sites still are in non pet designated sections. It does not stop busy bodies from reserving pet friendly sites when they do not own a dog because they like that particular site, and then complaining that they are surrounded by dogs.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 04:56 AM   #54
Insert witty title here

I own dogs and quite often as I'm walking them, one will stop without notice and start dropping logs. There is no stopping them once they start. Once done, I pick it up immediately and continue on my way. I do not mind that a dog may crap on or near my site as they walk on by as long as the owner cleans it up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 06:04 AM   #55

Send a message via AIM to B and B
We like to camp in the forest. Lots of trees, can not see the neighbours. There is a poop and scoop law followed by most. No pet peevs here! I clean up after my pet.

We are here next Tuesday. 50 amp electric, water across the road to fill tank up and showers a short walk away. Lake Huron is one road over with a great beach in one bay and limestone shoreline in the other bay.If I fill my tanks I dump them with the blue hauler.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IR_55_1.JPG
Views:	186
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	108293
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 06:14 AM   #56

My pet peeve:

GAS GOLF CARTS! Construction generators on wheels.

Bruce
Old 05-19-2016, 06:55 AM   #57
Site Team

Oh yeah, people who circle the cg all day and/or late at night on their golf carts with music blaring!

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 07:33 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
We like to camp in the forest. Lots of trees, can not see the neighbours. There is a poop and scoop law followed by most. No pet peevs here! I clean up after my pet.

We are here next Tuesday. 50 amp electric, water across the road to fill tank up and showers a short walk away. Lake Huron is one road over with a great beach in one bay and limestone shoreline in the other bay.If I fill my tanks I dump them with the blue hauler.

Attachment 108293

Thats a damn nice looking campsite. One of your Provincial Parks I assume.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 07:58 AM   #59

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
Thats a damn nice looking campsite. One of your Provincial Parks I assume.
Yes it is. We spend most of our time camping. We RV camp at rallies to visit with friends and have some fun. Camping in the parks is a getaway for us from work and life stresses. We have deer wandering the park and last year some bear cubs as well.

I have camped at this park since 1964. It is like home. Inverhuron Provincial Park.

Name:   b9348612b8b98c19d7dbd76fe5c017a5.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  15.8 KB

The evening tradition.. Sunsets across Lake Huron. Ontario's West Coast.
Click image for larger version

Name:	11910006_1633824560199453_1057288747_n.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	108302
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 08:05 AM   #60
Broken Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezyhillfarm View Post

I wouldn't use the term 'lowlifes'. But what I see is at the "special little snowflake-Everyone gets a trophy" generation now has the money to buy campers. Their whole life has been a story of "do what you want, when you want" and I don't see them changing now, (except after an extremely painful lesson).

Tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote