Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2016, 08:24 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowracer View Post
I wouldn't use the term 'lowlifes'. But what I see is at the "special little snowflake-Everyone gets a trophy" generation now has the money to buy campers. Their whole life has been a story of "do what you want, when you want" and I don't see them changing now, (except after an extremely painful lesson).

Tim
X2 Couldn't agree more
Old 05-20-2016, 11:29 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowracer View Post
I wouldn't use the term 'lowlifes'. But what I see is at the "special little snowflake-Everyone gets a trophy" generation now has the money to buy campers. Their whole life has been a story of "do what you want, when you want" and I don't see them changing now, (except after an extremely painful lesson).

Tim
At least it will make for a good supply of used campers. I've notice that these younger generations tend to give up on many things once they realize it involves some work.
Old 05-20-2016, 11:50 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Heh, we did this a few years back. We consistently reserved the same site and when we went to reserve like 6 months in advanced, it was booked. We took one of our fallbacks for completely forgot about it. Got to the campground and started setting tents, dining canopy, etc. up in our preferred site when a sheepish younger guy came up and asked if maybe there was some mix-up with reservations. Man we felt dumb! We beat feet to get moved the 3 sites down where our actual reservation was.
We also try and book the best sites and like you once found that several had already been taken. We took what ever we could and stayed for 5 days. During those days 3 of the 4 "reserved" campsites were unoccupied and the other on the last day.

The Ranger after looking on the reservation site said the occupants had stayed at other campgrounds where they had reserved other sites. Why can't they prevent campers from reserving more than one site at the same time?
MacGumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 11:56 AM   #64
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
... I clean up after my pet...
I thought she cleaned up after you.
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 12:11 PM   #65

As far as pets, doing their business", here are a couple of examples that have happened to us...

We were sitting at our site when a man was walking his dog by to the designated pet area. At that very moment his dog stopped and dropped a load. He apologized and picked it up. We replied that it was okay, we understand.

Another time and place a man was walking his dog when it did the same thing. He apologized and informed us that they were on their way back from the pet area and he had used the only bag he had on him to clean it up. He said he would return and pick it up. I told him that these things happen and my DW gave him a poop bag so he wouldn't have to walk all the way back. As he left he said he was going to carry more than one from now on.

Their actions of apologizing and attempts at rectifying the situations showed us their understanding of proper etiquette. Accidents happen, so as long as people are responsible and even learn from the incident we are okay with it. If they had acted as if it was their right then I probably would have been a little more difficult to deal with.
Old 05-20-2016, 07:23 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
I personally would hope so, yes.

I would think I'm in the majority, too. Maybe not.

I raised dogs for 25 years. I raised kids that long. I never let either be unruly or inconsiderate to others, especially in public.......restaurant, or anywhere. I can't see just simply smiling while your dog takes a dump in front of me while I'm chillin' at my campsite. Apparently there are those that think my attitude is awful for that.

I don't understand that. But ok.

And no, I'd never hit anyone physically. But I'd ask them to move along. I see NO difference in your dog doing that on my campsite than on my lawn at home.

Am I that much in the minority????

X2

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 07:50 PM   #67

If I went camping and the only thing I remember about the trip, is a story about someone else's dog poop. I would consider that a sh$tty trip. Hahaha....I'm sure we can all relax a little more.
abomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 07:59 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by abomb View Post
If I went camping and the only thing I remember about the trip, is a story about someone else's dog poop. I would consider that a sh$tty trip. Hahaha....I'm sure we can all relax a little more.
It's remembered because these people acted responsible something you see less and less.
Old 05-20-2016, 09:10 PM   #69

My favorite moment is about a NY state park that I started camping in when I was about 7. I knew this park inside and out. We booked one of our favorite sites 6 months in advance for a week stay. When we arrived, I checked in and proceeded to our site to set up. There was someone in our site and I noticed the site number signs had been switched with a undesirable site. I pulled out the campground map to make sure I was right. Back up to check in to find out what's up. The part time young man sheepishly admitted that the park manager changed the site numbers to accommodate a friend of his. We had to get the park superintendent involved so we could get our original site. Of course, it took 3-4 hours but I wasn't going to give up.
Honda ST1100
BMW R1100R
Linnemj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 09:28 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
My pet peeve:

GAS GOLF CARTS! Construction generators on wheels.

Bruce
Odd that "Golf Cart MFG" sell 1000's of GAS Golf Cart's to GOLF Course's every year,and that is a Sport that prides itself in "Quietest"! Youroo!!
Old 05-20-2016, 09:59 PM   #71

We live at the beach so we store the camper when y'all do the summer thing. During that time I take the boat out on the Atlantic and chase fish. Once school starts up again we camp during fall, winter in FL, camp in spring and it starts again. That pretty much eliminates my pet peeve ~~ rug rats without boundaries. Dogs are required on a leash as they should be, so should many kids be required until age 21.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 10:01 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Odd that "Golf Cart MFG" sell 1000's of GAS Golf Cart's to GOLF Course's every year,and that is a Sport that prides itself in "Quietest"! Youroo!!
I am not trying to nap on a golf course.
tkarper14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 06:59 AM   #73

So back to my pet peeve of campsites. Some of the older COE parks have some really unusual and very difficult sites to back into. Here’s a photo of a ridiculous layout for a campsite. While the site on the left would be difficult for a trailer or fifth wheel, the one of the right would just about be impossible. Notice how close the pine tree is to the driveway on the left and a bit harder to see is how much the ground drops away from the driveway. The photo was taken a few years back.

In case you’re wondering, this is not a family campsite. If you click on the picture it will get a bit larger and easier to see.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6489 - Copy.JPG
Views:	212
Size:	483.4 KB
ID:	108511

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 07:05 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
So back to my pet peeve of campsites. Some of the older COE parks have some really unusual and very difficult sites to back into. Here’s a photo of a ridiculous layout for a campsite. While the site on the left would be difficult for a trailer or fifth wheel, the one of the right would just about be impossible. Notice how close the pine tree is to the driveway on the left and a bit harder to see is how much the ground drops away from the driveway. The photo was taken a few years back.

In case you’re wondering, this is not a family campsite. If you click on the picture it will get a bit larger and easier to see.

Attachment 108511
COE skill test. Do ya think it is reservable? LOL
Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 09:20 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post

Attachment 108511
Back from the day that a huge camper was 20 feet in length ....... Our near by state park is similar 99% of the sites are for no longer than 20 foot trailers.................. and built in the 1960s.......... the one "big" site usually has a 12' trailer in it ........... but the new horse site section could easily accommodate a 40' trailer but are not close to being level.......

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 09:23 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
My pet peeve:

GAS GOLF CARTS! Construction generators on wheels.

Bruce
The campground that we go most often to only allows electric golf carts but if you want quiet not the place to go..........

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 12:27 PM   #77
Retired

My pet peeve:
Tractor trailer in left lane I'm in right lane and the idiots trying to emerge onto the interstate while on a cell phone not looking at the on coming traffic...makes for some hairy moments to say the least.😱
Old 05-21-2016, 12:40 PM   #78

Mine..

No DRL.
Driving around North Dakota, about 9 at night.
Less than half, have their lights on.
Middle of the day.
Snowing, raining, etc.
No lights on.

TURN YOUR LIGHTS ON PEOPLE!

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
Old 05-21-2016, 12:46 PM   #79
Insert witty title here

Here in MA, its a law that ALL vehicles must have front and rear lights turned on if you need to run your wipers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 12:48 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfromma View Post
Here in MA, its a law that ALL vehicles must have front and rear lights turned on if you need to run your wipers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like the daytime running lights.
It eliminates the drivers input!

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS