Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2016, 05:18 PM   #101

I knew it was Carlyle before it was said. Dam West does a pretty good job at maintaining the sites, but the 90 degree site entrances are always a muddy mess. I know some are caused by navigationally challenged campers.
2015 Ram Big Horn
RETCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 05:38 PM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfromma View Post
They call it a speed limit because that's as fast as you are supposed to travel. If I am impeding your ability to travel faster than the posted speed and ticking you off in the process, I will smile and wave happily as you pass me with your middle finger raised.
It is also illegal in all 50 states to impede the flow of traffic with no mention of speed restriction in the law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipBruce View Post
Once saw a lady plucking her eyebrows and driving. It's amazing what people can do.
She was farding!
MacGumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 05:56 PM   #103

I may have to try this Carlyle for camping. Haven't been there since I graduated from Belleville East in 1977.

Now that's a pet peeve: getting old sucks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

ChipBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 06:27 PM   #104

if people would just drive right ( let's see who understands this) very simple rules & have some common courtesies a lot of accidents could be avoided and a lot of high blood pressure eliminated
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 06:44 PM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainelyUS View Post
My pet peeve:
Tractor trailer in left lane I'm in right lane and the idiots trying to emerge onto the interstate while on a cell phone not looking at the on coming traffic...makes for some hairy moments to say the least.😱
And they expect you to pull to the left, even with that semi over there. Morons.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 06:55 PM   #106
Insert witty title here

Quote:
Originally Posted by dea49 View Post
It is also illegal in all 50 states to impede the flow of traffic with no mention of speed restriction in the law.

She was farding!

If I am doing the speed limit and there is a line of cars behind me 2 miles long, I am not impeding traffic flow, I am maintaining the fastest speed allowed by law. Any cop who pulls me over and gives me a ticket for doing the speed limit would get laughed out of court.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 07:05 PM   #107

I agree. Where we live, most people think that speed limit signs mean "minimum speed", not MAXIMUM SPEED.
Just think how many innocent lives would be saved if people would just slow down.
You can't fix stupid.
Swampweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 09:05 PM   #108

Quote:
Having your license plate number be your cell phone number would go a long way towards solving a lot of pet peeves.

LOL...Totally! [emoji109]

2015 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8281WS
2015 F250 Crew Cab
jheacox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 09:35 PM   #109

Quote:

She was farding!

Let me guess you pass a big truck that's on cruise control and cut their safe following distance in half and then slow down on a hill. A lot truckers are idiots too. But you HAD to get ahead of the truck and slow him down on a hill to go no where on to move over to the exit lane. Glad you think 80K stops like you. If you had to ride one day in a truck you would understand why trucks stay in the middle. Don't have deal with merge traffic and restricted from the left lane. Even better when gaining and goes to pass another truck and a car will pull over and match the speed of the other truck.
arpipeliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 09:35 PM   #110

Quote:
I may have to try this Carlyle for camping. Haven't been there since I graduated from Belleville East in 1977.

I have a lot more experience with your pet peeve, youngster.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 09:39 PM   #111

Quote:

Getting old may suck, but it is better than the alternative.
tkarper14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 10:05 PM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpipeliner View Post
Let me guess you pass a big truck that's on cruise control and cut their safe following distance in half and then slow down on a hill. A lot truckers are idiots too. But you HAD to get ahead of the truck and slow him down on a hill to go no where on to move over to the exit lane. Glad you think 80K stops like you. If you had to ride one day in a truck you would understand why trucks stay in the middle. Don't have deal with merge traffic and restricted from the left lane. Even better when gaining and goes to pass another truck and a car will pull over and match the speed of the other truck.
They like it for the same reasons I do, especially with the 5er in tow.

Decades ago I hauled steel slabs and coils. A lot fewer regs then. The company stressed safe and courteous driving. I know of one company today that does the same and tracks all by GPS. Those GPS results can bring a nice bonus at the end of every trip.

Speaking of idiot drivers ~~ on 95 in GA this week I was center lane when an 18 wheeler swerved into my lane from the right lane. Thought the idiot was distracted until he did it a 2nd time. No where for me to go but when he did it a 3rd time I slowed to let him pass. God was with him as had I caught him I would have called him a fool before I called him an ambulance.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 11:08 PM   #113

Quote:
If I am doing the speed limit and there is a line of cars behind me 2 miles long, I am not impeding traffic flow, I am maintaining the fastest speed allowed by law. Any cop who pulls me over and gives me a ticket for doing the speed limit would get laughed out of court.
You are wrong!

Look up in your state the traffic impede law and you will see that it specifically states that speed is NOT to be considered when it comes to the "flow" of traffic. Now if you are going the speed limit and a few cars are blowing by on the right then you are not impeding but you are in violation of the law that says on divided highways, slower traffic is to keep to the right and that law also specifically does not allow for the speed limit in consideration.

I was involved in a court case several years ago where both of these were used to get a person out of a ticket and liability at an accident.
Old 05-21-2016, 11:12 PM   #114

Our law says "move to right EXCEPT to pass". Doesn't matter if you are going 100, and the guy behind is going 150, you have to move over. Period. End of story.

Now.......if I'm 60 feet long and weigh 24,000 lbs, I'll be pedaling as fast as I can! I promise. But I'm not going to go 80, so I'll get out of your way as soon as I can.

AND........I'm hoping that the alternative to getting old is BETTER, since I expect it to last much, much longer!!!

Lastly, lots of drivers drive me nuts on interstates. But #1 is the guy who JUST HAS TO GO FIFTY.......but cannot do it from a position behind you. For unknown reasons, he HAS to do it from a position in front of you! I want a hood mounted bazooka!

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 11:15 PM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpipeliner View Post
Let me guess you pass a big truck that's on cruise control and cut their safe following distance in half and then slow down on a hill.
Don't get me wrong, I am not condoning the rate of speed these idiots travel these days as I set the cruise to 60, move to the right and let everyone pass so I don't have to hit the brakes all the time but I wanted those who think just because they are following one law that another is invalid.

If you don't believe me travel the East bypass around Atlanta and impede all those going close to 100 in the left 4 lanes, cause an accident and don't see with witnesses that you were going slower than the rest, that you're found at fault.

It is against the law to impede at any speed and if an officer finds it necessary to write a ticket, it will hold up in court if evidence back him.

All you have to do is check it out instead of lashing out at me.
Old 05-21-2016, 11:18 PM   #116

Getting back to the campground peeves - you gotta love the septic risers that are 10" above ground level! You would think people who design a campground would understand gravity haha
Oops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 06:56 AM   #117
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oops View Post
Getting back to the campground peeves - you gotta love the septic risers that are 10" above ground level! You would think people who design a campground would understand gravity haha
Or....all the utilities are at the front of the site and your glad you have extra set of sewer, water and elec. hoses/cords in the locker.
Old 05-22-2016, 07:13 AM   #118

Quote:
They call it a speed limit because that's as fast as you are supposed to travel. If I am impeding your ability to travel faster than the posted speed and ticking you off in the process, I will smile and wave happily as you pass me with your middle finger raised.
I'm a retired nurse and did forensics for a while. I remember going to an FBI seminar about 10 years back and remember a highway patrol officer speak of the number of citizens who thought it was their "duty" to impede others drivers speed. He said that it was HIS job to catch speeders and that if others were slowing them down, there would be no one to give a ticket too. More importantly, he spoke of the number of "good citizen" caused accidents and fatalities. Within the month, I had a young mother and her 2 y/o daughter come into the ER coding. Both died. I admit that I was one of those "good citizens" in the past, but no more. Nothing is worth that. "Let it go, release the need to control, let ME do MY job." This is how the officer ended his talk.

On another similar note (and this one will age me) I remember years ago when cell phones were just getting popular. Another young child DOA because of a driver talking on their cell. This kinda stuff still haunts me at times. I have blue tooth, but I have to say that every time my phone rings when I am driving, I remember the sobs of the parents and the lonely little 5 year old standing in the corner unsure of what was happening. The 5 year old is the one that haunts me.

OK, I'll stop preaching, as my mother would say, and get on to the fun stuff... Going camping at French Creek SP later today to finish cleaning out our 9 month old Keystone Passport so that we can pick up our new baby, a Flagstaff 26RLWS, on Tuesday. A bigger bathroom!!! Whoopee!! We are so excited.
Grandchildren fill the space in your heart you never knew was empty. Nick 25 y/o and Leif 6 1/2 yrs.
cruisegrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 07:33 AM   #119

Well I guess I'll get a ticket because all I'm going to go is 63. Heck I know companies that shut there trucks down to 55. Walmart trucks run all over the country and they sure aren't flying. They just get in the right lane. If there is three lanes or more lanes and there is a lot of merging traffic I take the second lane. It's called sharing the road not owning the road. Just my two cents

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 08:01 AM   #120

Quote:
You are wrong!

Look up in your state the traffic impede law and you will see that it specifically states that speed is NOT to be considered when it comes to the "flow" of traffic. Now if you are going the speed limit and a few cars are blowing by on the right then you are not impeding but you are in violation of the law that says on divided highways, slower traffic is to keep to the right and that law also specifically does not allow for the speed limit in consideration.
Good to know. Thank you.
Grandchildren fill the space in your heart you never knew was empty. Nick 25 y/o and Leif 6 1/2 yrs.
cruisegrandma is offline   Reply With Quote