Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2019, 03:14 PM   #181

OK - I confess...I skipped from page 3 to here just to add this note (so forgive me if already covered): I deal with infectious disease transmission. DH wears disposable gloves ($6 / box of 100) & I wear them to carry the rinse bucket. We do not know how everything in the area was handled prior to our arrival. We both know how to keep everything that our bare hands may touch free from our gloved hands.

Epidemiology shows the increasing number of interactions between people as the population density increases are part of the cause of increasing frequency of disease transmission. Diseases caused by fecal-oral transmission include diarrhea, typhoid, cholera, polio and hepatitis. Locally our counties are offering free Hep A vaccines because of food workers with a disease transmitted from someone else's fecal matter.

What may have been safe 20 yrs ago is potentially a risky move now. We will spend that $6 all day long .....

Terri & Joe + Boont & Tasha
Camping a long weekend every month or so since May 2013 in our cute 21FBRS MicroLite to practice for retirement while living here in Florida
Joe is retired.... next camper ordered.... getting ready to change this signature really soon!
Life Without Whine is offline   Reply
Old 09-16-2019, 03:29 PM   #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
University study last year showed that about 50% of college students could not read "Cursive" or even write in "Cursive."
DS graduated from Navy boot camp recently... His mother would send him letters in cursive and he has no trouble reading them.

Other kids could not read their cursive letters and he had to interpret them.. sad and funny
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply
Old 09-16-2019, 06:40 PM   #183

Good. Anyone who picks on someone for wearing gloves while dealing with a sewer hose deserves to be banned period.
Stovebolt is offline   Reply
Old 09-16-2019, 06:54 PM   #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
Good for you. Then I’m assuming you haven’t died like the rest of us have.
Best answer ive seen
gricardsimplycol is offline   Reply
Old 09-16-2019, 06:59 PM   #185

Well I understand and everyone has their own concerns about these things. Camping is not a sterile sport and a good hand washing after handling the sewer hose is recommended. Just use common sense and you’re fine. Do whatever you do and don’t be too concerned about how your fellow campers do whatever they do! That’s part of the fun of camping. Leave worries behind! Been camping a long time, and like Willie says, “still woke up not dead again today”.
2011 F250 2WD 6.7L Crew 3:35
Husky Centerline
reevesfamily is offline   Reply
Old 09-16-2019, 07:02 PM   #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by OburgOrange View Post
Never ceases to amaze me the number of people who install and uninstall the sewer hose with their bare hands. Ugh... I use disposable medical gloves at all times, then wash my hands from the elbows down with a disinfectant soap after I’m done.

This is all you have to worry about?
dill is offline   Reply
Old 09-16-2019, 07:07 PM   #187

Has anyone been banned because of this thread? I do not think any message I have seen, regardless of the glove or no glove position, justifies banning. But then again, I am no moderator. Personally, I try to wear gloves, but sometimes Stuff happens or Stuff leaks before gloves can be donned. And then you wash your hands or your legs or..... Why ban anyone for either position. Gloves? Washing? Hand sanitizer? Whatever floats your boat?
RBDTx is offline   Reply
Old 09-16-2019, 07:21 PM   #188

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBDTx View Post
Has anyone been banned because of this thread? I do not think any message I have seen, regardless of the glove or no glove position, justifies banning. But then again, I am no moderator. Personally, I try to wear gloves, but sometimes Stuff happens or Stuff leaks before gloves can be donned. And then you wash your hands or your legs or..... Why ban anyone for either position. Gloves? Washing? Hand sanitizer? Whatever floats your boat?
If I did not get banned for my bad jokes then nobody did
Frank & Cindy--- (SOB) 5th Wheel ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed--- Payload 4394------Remi & Sage camping pups---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500---2019 48 days ---2020 28 days Camping
frank4711 is offline   Reply
Old 09-16-2019, 07:29 PM   #189

Quote:
Never ceases to amaze me the number of people who install and uninstall the sewer hose with their bare hands. Ugh... I use disposable medical gloves at all times, then wash my hands from the elbows down with a disinfectant soap after I’m done.
Ever changed a diaper?
Thinking Grandchildren’s not a Depends.😉
tmsimmons56 is offline   Reply
Old 09-16-2019, 07:34 PM   #190

Quote:
One of the best investments for our coach is the Thetford SaniFlush Turbo 600 Waste Extraction. No more smelly noses, couplers, stands and surgical gloves....
ENGINEER is offline   Reply
Old 09-16-2019, 07:36 PM   #191

Poo slinky wrangling...

I don’t wear gloves to wrangle the poo slinky. Gross you say? Maybe so. I keep the exterior of my hose as clean as possible and wash it off after every trip. The truth is that there’s far more fecal matter and bacteria on the phone or keyboard that you touched while creating this thread. The idea is to keep the poo juice inside the hose. That just my opinion. 🤷🏽*♂️
Bones09 is offline   Reply
Old 09-16-2019, 07:40 PM   #192

Thumbs up

20 Pages of poop talk! I knew there was a reason I liked this community!!!

mxtreme30 is offline   Reply
Old 09-16-2019, 07:42 PM   #193

Germs are on water faucet

I'm more concerned with the water faucet being turned on and off with hands after handling sewer line
Daphlin is offline   Reply
Old 09-16-2019, 07:42 PM   #194
Site Team

Site Team Note:

In reviewing this thread, the site team has determined that of the 105,813 possible permutations of pro, con, humorous, not at all humorous, accurate, inaccurate, derogatory, and supportive comments, only 6 remain unpublished here.
And, whodda thunk it, we are continuing to repeat ourselves... plus some are volunteering to join the ranks of volunteer moderators.

This thread is being closed since it appears to be in an alleged infinite loop.

Thanks for playing.

FRF Site Team

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply
Closed Thread