Old 07-29-2007, 11:37 AM   #1
RAC

Photos of new rig

I have posted a few photos in my album, which you may view.

Old 07-29-2007, 11:46 AM   #2

Nice look'n TT, Steve.

Old 07-29-2007, 09:04 PM   #3
AKA Bluebird

Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
Quote:
Originally Posted by milzat View Post
Nice look'n TT, Steve.
Better look'n wife.

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 07:18 AM   #4

Very nice, so did the shakedown go good?
Old 07-30-2007, 07:37 AM   #5
RAC

Update: Have not found any problems yet. Sanitized the Potable Water tank. Ran two tank fulls of "clean" water" after sanitizing with bleach. No leaks any where. The little tank meter works pretty good. Gray water and galley water tanks drain well. going to do a city water test sometime this week. I picked up a regulator to keep pressure below 45 psi. I have a booster in my house which brings my house to between 75-90 PSI, so will have to hook it up and see what 45 does to the fittings. Water heater, stove, refer all worked like a champ. I have this "Handle" thingy we found in one of the cupboards. Have no clue what it goes to or what it's for. Will post a pic after work maybe. Bed is extremely comfy, better than what I expected. We had some monster storms here last night, so that should be a good leak indicator. Lisa will be going through sometime this AM to see what she can find. TV Antenna sux without the power booster. I did make my first mods. Added the TP holder and a couple of towel racks. The 1400 manuals they gave me are not very user friendly. so I have a couple of questions if someone knows.

Now for my questions: 1. If I am running the refer on gas, and I plug the trailer into my 110, does it automatically go to elec power or do I have to push the gas button in?

2. Same question for the water heater (I Know theres no button and I know where the 2 elec switches are)

3. WHere can you purchase one of those sliders that goes through the crawlthrough up front?
Old 07-30-2007, 08:07 AM   #6

the only one I know of is on my fridge if it is not selected to gas only it is on automatic so it will switch from elec to gas there is also a valve on the back of my fridge that I can turn off the gas, if I don't want it to switch in auto. I have a on off switch and then a gas auto switch. I am too poor to afford the gas elec water heater mine is only gas. The only crank thingies i can think of on mine are the one for the levelers and the one for the antenna. Which make sure the set screw is tight in the antenna crank that is one of the problems I had and it is an Allen key which I didn't have to tighten it up so mine is in storage with the antenna half way up. Will fix next trip. Almost guranteed Camping world has one on the slide thing for the front
Old 07-30-2007, 08:36 AM   #7
RAC

Steve....this handle thing is Black, about 9" x 6"...has a chrome handle in the middle and is constructed out of a plstic like alloy and weighs about 5 pounds. Has 2 threaded holes as well.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:54 AM   #8

If you want faster hot water recovery the water heater will run on both if you want it to. Otherwise it will run on either or. You have to manually turn on either the gas or electric.

no idea on the handle thing. gotta pic?
Old 07-30-2007, 10:16 AM   #9
RAC

I will post a pic after work. On the wtaer heater...the rated staement says 16 gals per hour recovery....so if my gas is on, and my switches are on and I am hooked up to 110, it runs on both?
Old 07-30-2007, 10:43 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredArmyCWO View Post
I will post a pic after work. On the wtaer heater...the rated staement says 16 gals per hour recovery....so if my gas is on, and my switches are on and I am hooked up to 110, it runs on both?
Yes. It will use both the gas and the electric element to heat the water. I usually do this during shower time then turn the gas off afterwards and let it run on electricity.