Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2007, 10:37 AM   #1
RAC

Photos of new rig

I have posted a few photos in my album, which you may view.
RAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 10:46 AM   #2

Nice look'n TT, Steve.
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 08:04 PM   #3
AKA Bluebird

Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
Quote:
Originally Posted by milzat View Post
Nice look'n TT, Steve.
Better look'n wife.

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 06:18 AM   #4

Very nice, so did the shakedown go good?
wvsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 06:37 AM   #5
RAC

Update: Have not found any problems yet. Sanitized the Potable Water tank. Ran two tank fulls of "clean" water" after sanitizing with bleach. No leaks any where. The little tank meter works pretty good. Gray water and galley water tanks drain well. going to do a city water test sometime this week. I picked up a regulator to keep pressure below 45 psi. I have a booster in my house which brings my house to between 75-90 PSI, so will have to hook it up and see what 45 does to the fittings. Water heater, stove, refer all worked like a champ. I have this "Handle" thingy we found in one of the cupboards. Have no clue what it goes to or what it's for. Will post a pic after work maybe. Bed is extremely comfy, better than what I expected. We had some monster storms here last night, so that should be a good leak indicator. Lisa will be going through sometime this AM to see what she can find. TV Antenna sux without the power booster. I did make my first mods. Added the TP holder and a couple of towel racks. The 1400 manuals they gave me are not very user friendly. so I have a couple of questions if someone knows.

Now for my questions: 1. If I am running the refer on gas, and I plug the trailer into my 110, does it automatically go to elec power or do I have to push the gas button in?

2. Same question for the water heater (I Know theres no button and I know where the 2 elec switches are)

3. WHere can you purchase one of those sliders that goes through the crawlthrough up front?
Old 07-30-2007, 07:07 AM   #6

the only one I know of is on my fridge if it is not selected to gas only it is on automatic so it will switch from elec to gas there is also a valve on the back of my fridge that I can turn off the gas, if I don't want it to switch in auto. I have a on off switch and then a gas auto switch. I am too poor to afford the gas elec water heater mine is only gas. The only crank thingies i can think of on mine are the one for the levelers and the one for the antenna. Which make sure the set screw is tight in the antenna crank that is one of the problems I had and it is an Allen key which I didn't have to tighten it up so mine is in storage with the antenna half way up. Will fix next trip. Almost guranteed Camping world has one on the slide thing for the front
wvsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 07:36 AM   #7
RAC

Steve....this handle thing is Black, about 9" x 6"...has a chrome handle in the middle and is constructed out of a plstic like alloy and weighs about 5 pounds. Has 2 threaded holes as well.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:54 AM   #8

If you want faster hot water recovery the water heater will run on both if you want it to. Otherwise it will run on either or. You have to manually turn on either the gas or electric.

no idea on the handle thing. gotta pic?
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 09:16 AM   #9
RAC

I will post a pic after work. On the wtaer heater...the rated staement says 16 gals per hour recovery....so if my gas is on, and my switches are on and I am hooked up to 110, it runs on both?
Old 07-30-2007, 09:43 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredArmyCWO View Post
I will post a pic after work. On the wtaer heater...the rated staement says 16 gals per hour recovery....so if my gas is on, and my switches are on and I am hooked up to 110, it runs on both?
Yes. It will use both the gas and the electric element to heat the water. I usually do this during shower time then turn the gas off afterwards and let it run on electricity.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:03 AM   #11
AKA Bluebird

Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
Water Heater - Turn gas on/off using rocker switch in/on inside control cluster. Turn on electric element using switch mounted on bottom left corner of the water heater, behind the outside access door. It is good practice to turn off the electric heater when you are not using the trailer but it remains plugged in. Be absolutely certain to turn off switch on water heater anytime you drain the system and leave the trailer plugged in. Otherwise you will burn out the heating element in the water heater in a big hurry if there is no water in the heater tank. Run water heater on both or either.

Refer - Use button on frame, just as you suspected, to change from gas to electric.

Handle may be emergency handle for tongue jack - if you had an electric jack installed.

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 10:21 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimurrrw View Post
Water Heater - Turn gas on/off using rocker switch in/on inside control cluster. Turn on electric element using switch mounted on bottom left corner of the water heater, behind the outside access door. It is good practice to turn off the electric heater when you are not using the trailer but it remains plugged in. Be absolutely certain to turn off switch on water heater anytime you drain the system and leave the trailer plugged in. Otherwise you will burn out the heating element in the water heater in a big hurry if there is no water in the heater tank. Run water heater on both or either.

Refer - Use button on frame, just as you suspected, to change from gas to electric.

Handle may be emergency handle for tongue jack - if you had an electric jack installed.

Exactly what dimurrrw said about turning the water heater off when not in use.

Another thought on the handle though. It could be for the manual over-ride for the slide? Just thinking. My manual over-ride is nut that I can hook my cordless drill or a socket wrench to to bring it in or out if the electrics fail.

Steve,

NICE looking rig man!! You done good! Congrats!! Anytime you plan on headin to North Texas, I've got 30amp service and a big back yard.

greg
Old 07-30-2007, 10:30 AM   #13
RAC

I noticed the Big Back yard....I only have an acre 1/2......I get good backing practice as you can see by my driveway......and the tightness of the "parking" area. The emer. slide handle is long and skinny. I will post the pic tonight around 5 EDT. I also noticed that having the electric element on, running refer and A/C made too much draw......the A/c made funny sounds.....went back on normally after I killed the electric element.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:18 PM   #14
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
Hey...I found your post!

Nice rig. Looks like everyone beat me to the answers.
One suggestion:
Try the water heater on electric only.
My last DSI water heater always quit working on electric mode for some reason...so I always used it in gas mode.
Never saw a handle like that in the pic. Weird though.

PS...your yard looks like a nice campground!

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 04:21 PM   #15
RAC

Yeah it's kind of a gem.....I have a Richmond PO, but live in chesterfield County (best schools) and probably have the largest lot within 20 sq. miles. Hopefully will be worth something someday being so close to the city.