Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2016, 07:37 AM   #21

Congrats on your new TT, but what kind of issues are you having on the day of pickup? they should have been resolved before you left the dealership
Amateur Radio W5CI 2019 Days Camping 25
2020 Days Camping 7
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 09:29 AM   #22

I just used a small amount of black duct tape that matches the color of the window seal. It blocks the sun and acts to insulate from the heat coming through the window from the sun.
Old 05-07-2016, 09:32 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by W5CI View Post
Congrats on your new TT, but what kind of issues are you having on the day of pickup? they should have been resolved before you left the dealership
Some of the things were taken care of and others we will have to go back for. Most of it was disorganation. We stood around waiting for them because they were not even set up and ready for us. That's why we made an appointment. They waited until we got there to even wash it. To me if the appointment is at a certain time then everything should be done by that time not started at that time. Just my thoughts.
frfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 01:10 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by frfv View Post
Thanks. Do you have any suggestions on a way to cover the window on the bike door? Being right next to the bunk I am afraid light shining in will 1 start to bleach out the bedding and 2 wake the kids up at the butt Crack of dawn every morning.
Luckily my kids can sleep through anything including the sunrise. Having written that, on the last camping trip, I put a piece of cardboard there so they would have more privacy at night but it didn't work out so well. I plan on doing the same thing as mandl, get some reflectix or something similar and use velcro to hold in place.

While on the subject of Bunkhouses, one of my favorite, in-expensive mods, were a couple of bunk rails I bought online from Ikea. If you have small kids and are worried about them falling out, I whole heartedly recommend these, no drilling, easy to install, sturdy and in-expensive:

VIKARE Guard rail - - IKEA
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BedRail.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	178.4 KB
ID:	107149  

MISSION COMPLETED!
gectisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 01:15 PM   #25
Out of Order

Very nice! And the trailer/truck combo looks perfect. Congrats!
todtc318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 11:53 PM   #26
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by gectisme View Post
Luckily my kids can sleep through anything including the sunrise. Having written that, on the last camping trip, I put a piece of cardboard there so they would have more privacy at night but it didn't work out so well. I plan on doing the same thing as mandl, get some reflectix or something similar and use velcro to hold in place.

While on the subject of Bunkhouses, one of my favorite, in-expensive mods, were a couple of bunk rails I bought online from Ikea. If you have small kids and are worried about them falling out, I whole heartedly recommend these, no drilling, easy to install, sturdy and in-expensive:

VIKARE Guard rail - - IKEA

I have Reflectix in all of the bunk windows. I pulled the screens out and tuck it inside there.

As for the Vikare guard rail- we have used it nightly for the last 10 months and have found that it falls on a fairly regular basis. My almost 4 year old is pretty rough on things, though! Literally today, my father in law drilled it out and he mounted it a little more permanently.
Old 05-08-2016, 10:07 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
As for the Vikare guard rail- we have used it nightly for the last 10 months and have found that it falls on a fairly regular basis. My almost 4 year old is pretty rough on things, though! Literally today, my father in law drilled it out and he mounted it a little more permanently.
OK, I guess your mileage will vary... We have only used it 4 times including the kids driveway camping at home and have had no issues. I guess we will see how it performs when we hit the road for an extended trip this summer. Thx for the heads up.

MISSION COMPLETED!
gectisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 10:20 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by gectisme View Post
Congrats and good choice of floor plans!
Did you mount a tv in the back bedroom? If so how did you mount it? Wall, cabinet ect. I was under the impression the dvd/stereo in the main room could be hooked to the TV in the bedroom but haven't figured out how to accomplish this as of yet.
frfv is offline   Reply With Quote