Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2012, 10:20 PM   #1
Current River Rat

Picking up the new Grey Wolf Wednesday

Dealer called and the new TT is here and ready. Pick er up on Wednesday and get all my crap, I mean stuff put back in. They do a full run through and set the hitch up for the new TT ( it sits higher than the old one) and see how it pulls. Got lots of goodies on this one and looking forward to putting it to use. Will report after it gets parked, etc.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:22 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

congrats ! hope you get to try it out soon !
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:52 PM   #3

Glad for you! We got our gray wolf 28bh last summer and have loved it! Getting it prepped back for this season this weekend and looking forward to getting back out "camping"
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:50 PM   #4

Angry Not happy with forest river

Just picked up my 28bh yesterday, and I keep finding things that are not as good as the "exact same one as you will get" one that my wife and I looked at at the dealer some 6 weeks ago. The cool swivel tv, the drawers under the dinette, the little cabinet to hide the slide switch ect. were all figments of our imagination I guess. Also I just looked at the weight sticker and realized it weighs about a thousand pounds more than the website / brochure say. Too late to back out and order another, but know this, I will NEVER do business with this bait and switch company or dealer again.
Cable guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:01 PM   #5

Cableguy,
we have a grey wolf 28bh, 2012 model and love it. Sorry to hear of the issues your dealing with. when we were looking, I noticed the wildcat models had drawers under the dinette but did know that was available under the grey wolf line. Our camper does have the swivel tv and a door over the switches for slides etc. Would you share your dealers name to help others?
Joel
Old 03-13-2012, 08:05 PM   #6

Cable guy, sorry you have had such a hard time with your Gray Wolf. We bought ours last year, got a 2011. We love it. Cant wait to start heading out in the spring.
2 Beagles (Snoopy & Dexter)

Big Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:22 PM   #7
Current River Rat

Wow, sorry you had such a let down. Mine didn't have the little recess and door for the switches, (I find the little door just something to open to get to the switches, better without it) however on my size the tv is on a slide mount on the wall and works fine. So far everything looks good. Brought it to the house, plugged it in and checked all the electrical stuff. Gee, it worked. Sunday we'll be checking the water system, etc. I did notice they use a lighter material on the power awning, but I don't use it unless totally exposed to the sun or raining. A couple of de-flappers will help and if wind is too bad will retract. I still can't get over such a nice trailer and them %$#@ cheap ass Chinese tires. We don't tow that far or often so I'll go for a couple of years and then change them out to real tires. Now I have to update my pics. I really like the floor plan on this one. For a smaller unit it has nice space. More later. Going camping in two weeks, yee-haa.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:28 PM   #8

I picked up my Grey wolf 25RR, toyhauler today, Love it!!, there are some minor, and I mean minor flaws, mainly nail holes not puttied, and some silicone on the windows, it just came out of the factory wed, so I'm not surprised! Easy clean up. I have one question for those with a power awning, what is the trick to get the water to run off a certain end. At the dealership he just bend the rear arm down, is this correct?? Any help would be appreciated. Also, I can't get my IPOD to play in the usb port, but it will in the AUX in line port??????
2013 campouts:1
recon33alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:32 PM   #9

For the seeming we just bring whichever end is farthest away from our sitting area down and tighten the knob in the arm. doesn't take much sloap.
Enjoy!
Old 03-19-2012, 12:43 PM   #10
Current River Rat

Testing phase two. Back tot he house Sunday for the water works test. (plumbing) One small leak under the kitchen sink, a quick tighten and all is good. Prepped the fresh water system and now it's ready. Noticed the black water tank outlet is on the opposite side of the trailer than the dump and it has an additional shut off on the line before it gets to the dump valve. ???? After looking at how the dump valve setup sits "directly" behind the left wheel I guess it's for when these %$#@ Chinese tires fail and rips the dump valve off. You can shut off the poopy over by the outlet on the other side. Other than that I'm not sure why they would put an upstream shut off on the black tank drain pipe. Oh well. I believe I will have my son build a small steel mesh piece to mount just in front of the dump valve assy to keep debris and stuff (tire fragments) from ripping through the valve assy. All in all, I'm very pleased with the unit at this point. Other than those %$#@ Chinese tires. At least they put Nitrogen in them. Isn't that kind of like Premium fuel in a Yugo?? Hopefully, I'll get a couple of years out of them and then find me some Maxxims. Only one thing that has me a little puzzeled; one the radio unit ( I pulled it out to check cables, etc.) I cannot receive an am station for squat. And we are in the metro area of the Mighty Mox, KMOX 1120 to you folks. The antenna has a coaxial cable (as in tv coax) plugged into it and it goes up through to the roof. Only have the new digital style mushroom antenna?? FM is fine, but AM is non-existent. Tried with tv off and booster on, nothin but roaring static. May have to call FR on this one. Love the power tongue jack and power stabilizers. Jury is still out on the power awning. Convenient as the dickens, just seems a little lightweight. Okay, weather permitting we're off for a weekend trial run end of the month. I'll take pictures if anything falls off. LOL
Old 03-19-2012, 12:54 PM   #11

Let me know if you find how the radio tuner is supposed to work. I am thinking of changing out to a aimable antenna, but would prefer to keep it simple with the factory one.
Thanks for the review!
Joel
Old 03-20-2012, 07:24 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bttravel View Post
Testing phase two. Back tot he house Sunday for the water works test. (plumbing) One small leak under the kitchen sink, a quick tighten and all is good. Prepped the fresh water system and now it's ready. Noticed the black water tank outlet is on the opposite side of the trailer than the dump and it has an additional shut off on the line before it gets to the dump valve. ???? After looking at how the dump valve setup sits "directly" behind the left wheel I guess it's for when these %$#@ Chinese tires fail and rips the dump valve off. You can shut off the poopy over by the outlet on the other side. Other than that I'm not sure why they would put an upstream shut off on the black tank drain pipe. Oh well. I believe I will have my son build a small steel mesh piece to mount just in front of the dump valve assy to keep debris and stuff (tire fragments) from ripping through the valve assy. All in all, I'm very pleased with the unit at this point. Other than those %$#@ Chinese tires. At least they put Nitrogen in them. Isn't that kind of like Premium fuel in a Yugo?? Hopefully, I'll get a couple of years out of them and then find me some Maxxims. Only one thing that has me a little puzzeled; one the radio unit ( I pulled it out to check cables, etc.) I cannot receive an am station for squat. And we are in the metro area of the Mighty Mox, KMOX 1120 to you folks. The antenna has a coaxial cable (as in tv coax) plugged into it and it goes up through to the roof. Only have the new digital style mushroom antenna?? FM is fine, but AM is non-existent. Tried with tv off and booster on, nothin but roaring static. May have to call FR on this one. Love the power tongue jack and power stabilizers. Jury is still out on the power awning. Convenient as the dickens, just seems a little lightweight. Okay, weather permitting we're off for a weekend trial run end of the month. I'll take pictures if anything falls off. LOL
I think my toyhauler is basically built the same as your BH, but I'm with you on the awning, its not very taughnt when deployed and I don't see a way to divert water run off, except bending one of the arms down slightly? Also, my outside radio control LCD screen has went blank, still can control the radio from the outside, I just can't see what I'm doing, lol? Does yours have that feature? I can not get an a.m station either, but don't care. Also, I can not use my IPOD in the usb port, but can in the inline port????
2013 campouts:1
recon33alpha is offline   Reply With Quote