Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2012, 03:24 PM   #1

Pin box

Does anybody have the More Ryde pin box installed on their fifth wheel? Or the air ride pin box. I'm looking at putting one on. Would like some feedback if anybody has added one. Does it help with the "chunking" or ride quality???
carsonizik3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:42 PM   #2

I bought a 2010 Montana 347THT as my first fifth wheel. I had my bumper pull set up well and have a lot of experience towing various types of trailers. I heard the fifth wheels really towed nice! It jerked around so much I was sick of towing in a couple hours. Tried everything as far as weight transfer etc.

Bought a MorRyde pin box and.....that was what it needed! The back and forth chucking was the main problem. On certain pavements it was so bad you would have had a hard time sipping coffee! 85% of the chucking was gone, it helped other things as well. Really nice when taking off and tapping the brakes, you can watch it "absorb" some of that shock. I now have a Sanibel 3500. I has the standard pin box. It tows almost as well without the aftermarket pin box as the Montana did with it. BUT......I think it would still be a welcome improvement and I may add it later this year. For just over $500 it is not a cheap accessory, but if you cannot stand the chucking when towing it IS worth the money.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:48 PM   #3

Towed about a year before I installed an air pin box. There is a difference! It is always fascinating to look in the rear view mirror and watch the trailer moving and the truck not moving.
donn is offline   Reply With Quote