Old 07-29-2010, 12:23 AM   #1

Pirate Land Resort in Myrtle Beach

Just wanted to fill everyone in on our first trip here.

It took about 18hrs to finally arrive. We came a day early and had to stay at Ocean Lakes Resort for a day and then off to Pirate Land. I pull a 40ft 5th wheel and let me just say, these lots will test your backing skills. They literally pack these campers in like sardines!! This resort is nice-- full hook ups, big shade trees if you dont want to be out in the sunlight all day, wifi (not included in price of lot), golf cart rentals, pizza/ice cream shop, general store with limited camper supplies (camping world is less than 10 mins away in case you need specialty items), lazy river, heated pool and so on. The lots are sand/grass, unless you can stumble across a concrete pad here and there. After 2 nights here so far, I have to say that Ocean Lakes in a lot nicer. They have basically ocean front lots with concrete level pads, nicer general store with more options to choose from and the staff seemed like they went out of there way to make sure everything was right. We still have 5 more days here and I may change my mind some, but I think next time we will do our best to stay at Ocean Lakes.

If your planning on a trip down here, just keep in mind these places fill up quick! We already checked and Ocean Lakes is already booked until 2012.

Just my 2 cents, hope this helps!

2 healthy kids
1 fat boxer
and a beautiful wife......my life is good!
Grey Stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:51 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Stray View Post
Just wanted to fill everyone in on our first trip here.

It took about 18hrs to finally arrive. We came a day early and had to stay at Ocean Lakes Resort for a day and then off to Pirate Land. I pull a 40ft 5th wheel and let me just say, these lots will test your backing skills. They literally pack these campers in like sardines!! This resort is nice-- full hook ups, big shade trees if you don't want to be out in the sunlight all day, wifi (not included in price of lot), golf cart rentals, pizza/ice cream shop, general store with limited camper supplies (camping world is less than 10 mins away in case you need specialty items), lazy river, heated pool and so on. The lots are sand/grass, unless you can stumble across a concrete pad here and there. After 2 nights here so far, I have to say that Ocean Lakes in a lot nicer. They have basically ocean front lots with concrete level pads, nicer general store with more options to choose from and the staff seemed like they went out of there way to make sure everything was right. We still have 5 more days here and I may change my mind some, but I think next time we will do our best to stay at Ocean Lakes.

If your planning on a trip down here, just keep in mind these places fill up quick! We already checked and Ocean Lakes is already booked until 2012.

Just my 2 cents, hope this helps!
Came back from Pirate Land three weeks ago from a two week stay, our site number was 755. This site is at the very end of the main drag right on the ocean. This site is a hard one to get into if you are late coming in, the golf carts just keep on coming while we tried to back in. We go to Pirate Land every other year, we would like to stay at a different campground sometime to see what the others are like. At Pirate Land they do have two areas with pull threw sites and one of these ares have concrete pads.I did post pic.

Old 07-29-2010, 12:21 PM   #3

We just go back from Myrtle Beach and stayed at Willow Tree RV Resort, it is up in North Myrtle. We stayed at Pirate Land one year and said we would never go back. Willow Tree was a wonderful campground and we have our plans to go back next year. It is a great alternative to the big 3 down in south Myrtle.

Michelle
Old 07-29-2010, 02:29 PM   #4

There is always Myrtle Beach Travel Park on the north end of MB. We stay there every year and don't have to contend with golf carts since they are only allowed for the permanent residents that live on the boundary of the campground. There is also a 2 mile stretch of undeveloped beach north of the campground that makes for a peaceful walk without any crowds at all.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 06:22 PM   #5

We also stay at Myrtle Beach Travel Park in North Myrtle Beach. It has all of the ammities that you mentioned and then some. The sites are about average. and very little golf carts. The beach is very good and it is next to Wynham Seawatch resort which we are members.

Ken and Velda
Dahlgren, VA.
2008 Georgetown XL 378
2010 Ford Escape Limited
kvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 06:27 PM   #6

on MB TP - we were there last Labor Day and will be there this one as well. Not as fancy as the BIG 3 down south but good enough and easier to get to. I love to get a spot on the beach side of the lake, back her in and hang out. Those sites are huge compared to everywhere else!

My signature picture is of one of those sites - can't even see my TV and it was there too!
1 wife, 1 son, & 1 cat
Volunteer Firefighter/EMT
Asst. Scoutmaster (BSA)
archham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 07:01 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by archham View Post
on MB TP - we were there last Labor Day and will be there this one as well. Not as fancy as the BIG 3 down south but good enough and easier to get to. I love to get a spot on the beach side of the lake, back her in and hang out. Those sites are huge compared to everywhere else!

My signature picture is of one of those sites - can't even see my TV and it was there too!

We will be there week of Labor Day also. Keep in touch and we will hook up some time. I'll treat you to a home brew if you want one.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote