Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 03:36 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDC View Post
Some people should have a stamp on their forehead "except me", I watched one take off into the I75 at a Tennessee rest stop, it did not end well for the frightened dog.

I am a dog person/lover. When I see a dead dog I always pray for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Iwannacamp is offline   Reply
Old 07-07-2016, 03:39 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by almasibasenji View Post
The parents are responsible for the death of the puppy. Had that been taught the correct way to handle and care for a pet the puppy would still be alive. The child had no reason to have puppy in the first place. That is why we would not sell puppies to families with young children.

Years ago my mother raised poodles... She had a tiny female who had trouble having puppies...any way she sold one to a farmer dude and one of his GK's jumped off the couch and killed it. He called my mother wanting another. Can you believe?

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Iwannacamp is offline   Reply
Old 07-07-2016, 03:41 PM   #23
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by almasibasenji View Post
The parents are responsible for the death of the puppy. Had that been taught the correct way to handle and care for a pet the puppy would still be alive. The child had no reason to have puppy in the first place. That is why we would not sell puppies to families with young children.
I didn't get the impression that it was a child holding the puppy. OP would have to clarify though.
Old 07-07-2016, 03:56 PM   #24

Love to see a cat that you can walk on a leash. I've seen Kitty tubes that allow a cat outside but keeps them contained.
Old 07-07-2016, 06:15 PM   #25
Prime Member

We leave our dogs inside theTT with the AC going whenever we leave our site for any reason. They have a large bowl of water and their doggie beds and do just fine. We require electric site at a minimum when we travel with our dogs for this reason. We return at regular intervals to check on them and let them out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2016 Coachmen Freedom Express Liberty Edition 310BHDS
2013 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LTZ 6.6L V8 Duramax
Husky weight distribution hitch with sway control
timfromma is online now   Reply
Old 07-07-2016, 09:12 PM   #26

[QUOTE=timfromma;1251623]We leave our dogs inside theTT with the AC going whenever we leave our site for any reason. They have a large bowl of water and their doggie beds and do just fine. We require electric site at a minimum when we travel with our dogs for this reason. We return at regular intervals to check on them and let them out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/QUOT

We use Alfred to keep track of camper temperature and hear if they begin to bark while away.
Old 07-07-2016, 09:46 PM   #27

My 16-year old 80-pound Border Collie/Black Lab/Doberman mix farm dog died of old age/leukemia last Christmas. He lived a long-happy life going on many walks down country gravel roads and through fields. He loved riding in the pickup truck, and sniffing about while I worked on our properties. But never was he on a leash at my campgrounds...because campgrounds were not where he belonged. I always paid a local friend to care for him while we were vacationing. He remained safe, not stressed, able to watch over his own little kingdom, and was no bother to other campers. While some furry family members may be great and safe camping companions that should always be leashed or in the camper at the campsite, there are some who would be better off, and safer, with a vacation from their human family.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Colombo.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	113412  
Velosprout is offline   Reply
Old 07-07-2016, 10:36 PM   #28

[QUOTE=Velosprout;1251818]My 16-year old Border Collie/Black Lab/Doberman mix farm dog died of old age/leukemia last Christmas. He lived a long-happy life going on many walks down country gravel roads and through fields. He loved riding in the pickup truck, and sniffing about while I worked on our properties. But never was he on a leash at my campgrounds...because campgrounds were not where he belonged. I always paid a local friend to care for him while we were vacationing. He remained safe, not stressed, able to watch over his own little kingdom, and was no bother to other campers. While some furry family members may be great and safe camping companions that should always be leashed or in the camper at the campsite, there are some who would be better off, and safer, with a vacation from their human family.[/QUOT

Buster turned 17 Christmas Eve. He has been with either my or me, mostly both of us, every day of his life. He now has some health issues but still doing well for his age.
Old 07-07-2016, 11:37 PM   #29

Its to bad there are only leash laws for pets. Jake has a canny nature to sniff out the asshats young or old and lets them know when they have come to close. With that said at every campground I have ever been to folks love Jake and he love them. Thats what is so great about a dog they can tell good from bad and don't care how much you pay for your rig.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM of Idaho
SeaDog is online now   Reply
Old 07-07-2016, 11:57 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
Its to bad there are only leash laws for pets. Jake has a canny nature to sniff out the asshats young or old and lets them know when they have come to close. With that said at every campground I have ever been to folks love Jake and he love them. Thats what is so great about a dog they can tell good from bad and don't care how much you pay for your rig.
While Buster gives most everyone a pass so far Roscoe is more protective. Both are always on a leash at CGs. Agree with above some humans of all ages behave worse than many dogs. We rarely camp during prime summer vacation time because of that. The other 3 seasons seem to provide much nicer and better behaved neighbors.