Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 02:36 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDC View Post
Some people should have a stamp on their forehead "except me", I watched one take off into the I75 at a Tennessee rest stop, it did not end well for the frightened dog.

I am a dog person/lover. When I see a dead dog I always pray for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply
Old 07-07-2016, 02:39 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by almasibasenji View Post
The parents are responsible for the death of the puppy. Had that been taught the correct way to handle and care for a pet the puppy would still be alive. The child had no reason to have puppy in the first place. That is why we would not sell puppies to families with young children.

Years ago my mother raised poodles... She had a tiny female who had trouble having puppies...any way she sold one to a farmer dude and one of his GK's jumped off the couch and killed it. He called my mother wanting another. Can you believe?

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply
Old 07-07-2016, 02:41 PM   #23
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by almasibasenji View Post
The parents are responsible for the death of the puppy. Had that been taught the correct way to handle and care for a pet the puppy would still be alive. The child had no reason to have puppy in the first place. That is why we would not sell puppies to families with young children.
I didn't get the impression that it was a child holding the puppy. OP would have to clarify though.
Iwritecode is offline   Reply
Old 07-07-2016, 02:56 PM   #24

Love to see a cat that you can walk on a leash. I've seen Kitty tubes that allow a cat outside but keeps them contained.
RitaB is offline   Reply
Old 07-07-2016, 05:15 PM   #25
Insert witty title here

We leave our dogs inside theTT with the AC going whenever we leave our site for any reason. They have a large bowl of water and their doggie beds and do just fine. We require electric site at a minimum when we travel with our dogs for this reason. We return at regular intervals to check on them and let them out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply
Old 07-07-2016, 08:12 PM   #26

[QUOTE=timfromma;1251623]We leave our dogs inside theTT with the AC going whenever we leave our site for any reason. They have a large bowl of water and their doggie beds and do just fine. We require electric site at a minimum when we travel with our dogs for this reason. We return at regular intervals to check on them and let them out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/QUOT

We use Alfred to keep track of camper temperature and hear if they begin to bark while away.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply
Old 07-07-2016, 08:46 PM   #27

My 16-year old 80-pound Border Collie/Black Lab/Doberman mix farm dog died of old age/leukemia last Christmas. He lived a long-happy life going on many walks down country gravel roads and through fields. He loved riding in the pickup truck, and sniffing about while I worked on our properties. But never was he on a leash at my campgrounds...because campgrounds were not where he belonged. I always paid a local friend to care for him while we were vacationing. He remained safe, not stressed, able to watch over his own little kingdom, and was no bother to other campers. While some furry family members may be great and safe camping companions that should always be leashed or in the camper at the campsite, there are some who would be better off, and safer, with a vacation from their human family.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Colombo.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	113412  
Velosprout is offline   Reply
Old 07-07-2016, 09:36 PM   #28

[QUOTE=Velosprout;1251818]My 16-year old Border Collie/Black Lab/Doberman mix farm dog died of old age/leukemia last Christmas. He lived a long-happy life going on many walks down country gravel roads and through fields. He loved riding in the pickup truck, and sniffing about while I worked on our properties. But never was he on a leash at my campgrounds...because campgrounds were not where he belonged. I always paid a local friend to care for him while we were vacationing. He remained safe, not stressed, able to watch over his own little kingdom, and was no bother to other campers. While some furry family members may be great and safe camping companions that should always be leashed or in the camper at the campsite, there are some who would be better off, and safer, with a vacation from their human family.[/QUOT

Buster turned 17 Christmas Eve. He has been with either my or me, mostly both of us, every day of his life. He now has some health issues but still doing well for his age.
Old 07-07-2016, 10:37 PM   #29

Its to bad there are only leash laws for pets. Jake has a canny nature to sniff out the asshats young or old and lets them know when they have come to close. With that said at every campground I have ever been to folks love Jake and he love them. Thats what is so great about a dog they can tell good from bad and don't care how much you pay for your rig.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply
Old 07-07-2016, 10:57 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
Its to bad there are only leash laws for pets. Jake has a canny nature to sniff out the asshats young or old and lets them know when they have come to close. With that said at every campground I have ever been to folks love Jake and he love them. Thats what is so great about a dog they can tell good from bad and don't care how much you pay for your rig.
While Buster gives most everyone a pass so far Roscoe is more protective. Both are always on a leash at CGs. Agree with above some humans of all ages behave worse than many dogs. We rarely camp during prime summer vacation time because of that. The other 3 seasons seem to provide much nicer and better behaved neighbors.
Old 07-07-2016, 11:58 PM   #31

We always take our cat when we go camping. He is on a leash all the time he is outside.
Old 07-08-2016, 12:19 AM   #32

Rude campers

We just had to deal with a rude family this past 4th weekend. They were set up a few sites down from us. We take our two furbabies for frequent walks and while walking on the road with our leashed pups, their dog charged ours. Their dog was on a tether but it was only tied to a small table and he dragged it easily. Luckily it caught on something and stopped him but not until he was out into the road. They didn't even get up from their chairs to get the dog back. It was only one of several rude incidents over the weekend.

Exlimey is offline   Reply
Old 07-08-2016, 01:20 AM   #33

good thing you guys don't camp where there are wild animals roaming to be outraged about... people should spend more time focusing on themselves, and less time worrying about what everyone else is doing, try and just be happy with your life. my dog is off leash everywhere he can be safely. I don't care much about leash laws, give me a ticket. here he is running wild on a beach, oh the horror! Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1467958582.571527.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	214.2 KB
ID:	113423
poorbuthappy is offline   Reply
Old 07-08-2016, 04:44 AM   #34

This always frustrates me. I keep my Brittany on a lease or tie-out the entire time at our campsite. But it never fails that at least once (usually more), an unleashed dog comes up to us on a walk or wanders into our campsite.
kdp1897 is offline   Reply
Old 07-08-2016, 05:10 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorbuthappy View Post
good thing you guys don't camp where there are wild animals roaming to be outraged about... people should spend more time focusing on themselves, and less time worrying about what everyone else is doing, try and just be happy with your life. my dog is off leash everywhere he can be safely. I don't care much about leash laws, give me a ticket. here he is running wild on a beach, oh the horror! Attachment 113423
unfortunately this type of attitude and action is what makes it tougher on those of us who are responsible pet owners. Your actions and disregard for the law are the ones that get highlighted when towns and private establishments decide whether to allow pets or not.

Instead of letting your dog run free on beaches that ban pets, why not do like we do and go to states/counties that have pet friendly beaches. They are located in most every state if you would take the time to do some research.

Another simple solution is to not spend your vacation monies in places that are not pet friendly.

I hope your real proud of yourself for it is your kind that ruin pet friendly places for the rest of us
ShermanD is offline   Reply
Old 07-08-2016, 06:26 AM   #36

Also, get your dogs micro chipped in case they get separated from you. It only costs $75 but it's a great peace of mind.
Sierra360PDEK is offline   Reply
Old 07-08-2016, 06:42 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorbuthappy View Post
good thing you guys don't camp where there are wild animals roaming to be outraged about... people should spend more time focusing on themselves, and less time worrying about what everyone else is doing, try and just be happy with your life. my dog is off leash everywhere he can be safely. I don't care much about leash laws, give me a ticket. here he is running wild on a beach, oh the horror! Attachment 113423
Seriously? I lived in Alaska for 22+ years. You don't take your pet camping and let them run unleashed. It's just irresponsible. Scofflaws such as you are the reason we have businesses and campgrounds that put restrictions on our pets.

Exlimey is offline   Reply
Old 07-08-2016, 06:53 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exlimey View Post
Seriously? I lived in Alaska for 22+ years. You don't take your pet camping and let them run unleashed. It's just irresponsible. Scofflaws such as you are the reason we have businesses and campgrounds that put restrictions on our pets.
Agree.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply
Old 07-08-2016, 06:57 AM   #39
Site Team

The site team is needing to review some posts here and is closing this thread while doing so. Let's take a little breather here.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply
Closed Thread