Old 09-12-2015, 02:57 PM   #11
Site Team
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
How would sewage back up your hose. There is a black anti siphon valve on all units and even on some there is a back flow installed on some units besides the Black valve OC has one on his flagstaff that he showed in a picture which I do not have. Besides all that you are putting in positive flow the whole time. Only back flow you get is from the positive side of the Black valve. Just a question?
I read the comment as poster would be using the expandable hose to replace the black hose portion of the sewer solution so it would be carrying black water.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 65W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 03:02 PM   #12
Moderators' Assistant
Originally Posted by CLewis View Post
We use it for black tank flush. Going on 2 years so far no problems. Wouldn't use it for drinking water.
same here. have used it for 4 years with no issues.

Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 03:08 PM   #13
I bought a pair of 25' blue ones.
Kinda emergency purchase.
Going to toss ten in the bucket under the rv. You never know.
I like the size, and they work.

2008 F350 CCSB V10
2016 Sabre 36QBOK
Kenny kustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 04:19 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
why not just shut the valve off and let it expand?
Tried that.....didn't work. Once I opened up the nozzle it didn't have much flow to it.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2006 Ford F150 Super Cab 4x4
2008 Surveyor 263
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 04:32 PM   #15
Send a message via Skype™ to Blackhat6mike
I have been using an expandable 50 ft hose for about 8 months now with no problems so far. Bought it as a backup hose and decided to see if it would last. Sure is easier to use than a standard garden hose, but don't know what max pressure it will handle or for how long.
Wish I could have found 25 footers.
2013 Silverado 2500 HD Duramax/Allison Tuned
Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
"First In, Last Out". 11B4Y
DAV, MOPH, VFW, 5/7 Cav,1/8 Cav Assoc.
11th ABN Pathfinder Co. N7MIP
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 04:43 PM   #16
The original blues ones are one that probably can withstand the higher pressures. Which is sought after. I don't think they make those ones anymore. But the green ones are garbage and poorly made.
98 Chevy Silverado C3500 crewcab, 454 cu in & 2013 Salem Cruise-Lite 181BHXL
FRF and FROG member
Days camped in 2012 (3), 2013 (3), 2014 (6)
Days camped in 2015, 0 Days so far (0)
This Space for Rent
Night Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 04:55 PM   #17
Mod free 5er
Have used both the green ones which are good for about 2 or 3 months before springing a leak, have cut them off and repaired them. I now have the black one and have used it for 2 yrs with no leaks. It could blow the next time I use it and I'll just cut it off and repair it. Don't use it for anything but the black tank flush.
OldCoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 05:16 PM   #18
I had a green one with plastic fittings that I bought for black tank flush but used for other yhings. It worked well until it sprung a bunch of leaks one day. I can't say for sure but the leaks may have been caused by a certain German Shepherd's teeth. I will probably get a new one eventually.
coupevillefish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 05:18 PM   #19
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
I read the comment as poster would be using the expandable hose to replace the black hose portion of the sewer solution so it would be carrying black water.
I did not say that,......the sewer solution uses a water jet to break up the solids and pump them down the sewer solution waste exhaust hose, that water jet requires a water supply hose hooked up to the sewer solution to have pressure, thus you have the jet,........ that is where I had considered using the pocket hose,.....the "black tank flushing" I mentioned, was talking about the trailer connection where you attach a water hose for additional tank cleaning after draining the black tank,........the sewer solution waste exhaust hose is a 3/4" fabric reinforced very heavy hose, a pocket hose could never be used to replace that hose,...........

I guess its a moot subject now, I hooked up a brand new one today and the female end cracked when I put it on the outside faucet, back to the 3B's(Bed Bath & Beyond),, I tried it, it didn't work, I move on,...............thanks for everyone's input
fella10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 11:09 AM   #20
I have 3 of the 50 ft green ones.
Home: My trailer sits nearly 100 ft from either faucet. It's the end hose to get to the trailer for adding water and cleaning. I even use it to connect to my pressure washer and no problem. The plastic male end shutoff sprays a fine mist so I can't leave it on (shouldn't with any hose anyways).

Camper: I keep two (one still in the package). I haven't used it for sites with full hookups yet (I keep two 25' white hoses for that odd occasion I'm parked too far away). But, where we boondock, the cg has potable water spigots throughout the cg. We've needed 300 ft of hose to get water for the fw tank at times. I had a 75 ft hose I kept in a bucket for those trips. I probably could have 5 or 6 of the pocket hoses in the same space.

2008 Dodge Durango
2015 Roo 23 ikss
deartruc is online now   Reply With Quote