Old 10-13-2012, 03:09 AM   #11
Site Team

From what I understand gate 9 is the only entry to the show unlike previous years. The online coupon cannot be used with the multi day pass. I only spent a short time at the show this afternoon but could see changes right away and so far it looks good. The layout is much better. A lot more effort was put in with organizing and decorating.

According to the comedy cooking guys, Mac and The Big Cheese, there are 150 more RVs on display this year than last year. The guys were nice enough to give me a ride to the FR EVO LITE showcase seminar. The EVO looks really nice and I like the choice of finishes used. The FR rep Jeff Denton was really nice to chat with.

I'm staying at the KOA so I can walk to the show. It's nice to take in the show while being able to take breaks & relax in comfort. The sites are very closed together or at least in my row. Tonight I just noticed there are hookups on both sides of the sites - wished I noticed earlier because I rather be facing in the other direction. Will make a note of this for next year along with which sites would be my top choices. Tomorrow evening I might make use of the hot tub to soak my poor feet if I cover as much of the show as I hope to.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 03:35 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier View Post
From what I understand gate 9 is the only entry to the show unlike previous years. The online coupon cannot be used with the multi day pass. I only spent a short time at the show this afternoon but could see changes right away and so far it looks good. The layout is much better. A lot more effort was put in with organizing and decorating.

According to the comedy cooking guys, Mac and The Big Cheese, there are 150 more RVs on display this year than last year. The guys were nice enough to give me a ride to the FR EVO LITE showcase seminar. The EVO looks really nice and I like the choice of finishes used. The FR rep Jeff Denton was really nice to chat with.

I'm staying at the KOA so I can walk to the show. It's nice to take in the show while being able to take breaks & relax in comfort. The sites are very closed together or at least in my row. Tonight I just noticed there are hookups on both sides of the sites - wished I noticed earlier because I rather be facing in the other direction. Will make a note of this for next year along with which sites would be my top choices. Tomorrow evening I might make use of the hot tub to soak my poor feet if I cover as much of the show as I hope to.
What are the fees per night? I am in covina, so I am really closed.

Old 10-13-2012, 01:16 PM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntrac View Post
What are the fees per night? I am in covina, so I am really closed.
KOA is not cheap @ $58 + tax per night. While it's not the same I just made this event my camping trip for October since I have two trips already planned for November.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote