Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2015, 06:14 AM   #1

Pondering Wanderlust

Please bear with me as I ramble through my thoughts.

The other day, during my prayer and meditation, the idea of traveling across country in a camper of some sort, once again popped into my brain. For the first time ever, I actually took the time to stop and really think about it. WHY do I feel this overwhelming sense of NEEDING to travel? Is it an addiction? I've never had the opportunity to travel much, what with work and child rearing, etc. But as I am getting older, that little gypsy in my heart is calling louder and louder.

That got me to thinking about addictions. I've never been addicted to anything, but have had family members with addictions. The drug addict wants the next hit or fix or whatever. The alcoholic feels like they can't cope without the next drink. Is it possible for me to be addicted to something that I haven't even experienced?

We've traveled some. Not much, as the boy and the dog HATE it! But the boy is a junior in college now, and the dog is 8.5 years old (boxer). As much as I hate to think about either of them being gone, it won't be long now . . . and the road is calling me . . .

Then it suddenly hit me. (i believe God answers our questions in ways we can understand) The "perfect place" I'm searching for, the place that will be so perfect that I never want to leave, does not exist in this world. The longing, the calling to search and find that perfect place, is Heaven calling to my spirit. What I really want is to go "home". (home is heaven)

So there is nothing wrong with wanting to travel, but I should not expect to find what I'm looking for here. Coming to this conclusion has been such a revelation! I still want to travel and see the sights, but knowing that what I really want is to go home, takes the some of the air outta my tires, so to speak. It's kind of a relief, but kind of a let down. The relief is in knowing I don't have to sell everything I have and go live in a motorhome and travel the country. The let down is in knowing that I'm stuck here till God calls me home.

Anyhow. I guess this all this rambling was just for me. It helps me to get things out. This also gives you all a little insight into this crazy Z-Lady that is on your forums. I would love it if you would share your thoughts.

HAPPY TRAVELS!

2005 Dodge Ram 2500, 4x4
2017 Heritage Glen QBUD312
Zhanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 10:26 AM   #2

Zhanna,

There are many RV mission groups that provide a variety of services. Maybe your calling is to travel more with one of these groups, providing great service to those in need. These groups also provide a social network for like minded people many of which are full time RV'rs.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
2017 Ford F350 Crewcab Dually Diesel
Officially homeless and loving it.
Ham Callsign K9NDY
Indymule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 11:15 AM   #3
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker

Knowing that you have a calling is a wonderful thing. Knowing that God is giving you a calling is a truly wonderful thing. Looking in the mirror gives a picture of the wonder what God can create. Looking out your RV window shows us another reflection of what God has given us to remember him by. May the road always rise to meet you...
donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote